Is winning the title enough?

Usually i would be of the opinion that so long as we win the league, everything else is irrelevant (how we fare in other competitions, the style of football we play etc)

But i feel different this season. Even if we win the league, i doubt i'll look back on this campaign with much pride. In fact i'll just be glad that it's over. We've played well in probably less than 1/3 of our matches this season. We've played good football in about 5 games all year. And the negative tactics have gone up another notch, which i thought would be impossible given now defensive and dour we were from February to May last season.

Winning the title this year would rank alongside the 93/94 (6 in a row) year for me. On the whole a dreadful season, but one where we had just enough about us to do what was necessary.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually i would be of the opinion that so long as we win the league, everything else is irrelevant (how we fare in other competitions, the style of football we play etc)

But i feel different this season. Even if we win the league, i doubt i'll look back on this campaign with much pride. In fact i'll just be glad that it's over. We've played well in probably less than 1/3 of our matches this season. We've played good football in about 5 games all year. And the negative tactics have gone up another notch, which i thought would be impossible given now defensive and dour we were from February to May last season.

Winning the title this year would rank alongside the 93/94 (6 in a row) year for me. On the whole a dreadful season, but one where we had just enough about us to do what was necessary.

it would do for me

If we win the league this year under the current player circumstances (I don't meany anything to do with tactics etc) purely due to our lack of depth and new injury concerns ..........

It will be nothing short of miraculous.

Will I look back on it "without much pride"?

Will I Fuck!

We simply must win the league, and if that is all we win, then that's the way it goes. Get the league won, and get the season over and done with.

I'm looking forward to seeing the back of Walter Smith and a break from football.

Winning the league this season would do me, to be honest. Obviously a win on Sunday would be superb, and would hopefully give us some confidence and impetus for the league run-in, but if we lose on Sunday and win the league I can handle that.

Would have taken the league only at the beginnning of the seasona and nothings changed(apart from how dire our displays have become).

League is of utmost importance. Be that for financial reasons or whatever it is always the most important trophy.

For me its really important for us to win the league even though like all Rangers fans I would love the club to win everything, it has been a poor season the footballs been terrible to watch but lets win the league and hope there's an improvement under Ally and who knows we might have a new owner come the start of the season or am I wishing for too much

The spl is the be all and end all. Finance is the major player for my reasoning. We are not going to win the CL-fact, we may possibly win the Europa league at some point in the future, that is our glass ceiling in terms of euro silverware-fact. The 2 domestic cups are a bonus if u win them, but they do fuck all for u other than take up more space in the trophy room.

If u said to me RFC will lose 3-0 on Sunday but will win the championship I would bite ur hand off and I stand by that without reservation.

For us to win the spl is a very succesful season.

If we win it, it means they havnt, we get the auto CL cash, they would have to fight tooth and nail to get to the CL money spinning group stage.

I don't care how we've played, win the spl at all and at any cost

Winning the league is all that matters every year tbh. Obviously it's nice to win cups , have a wee run in Europe and play some nice football but would give all this up for the league title and bragging rights over the Mhanks every summer :)

Yes.

Had a decent run in Europe, given our limited resources, we´ve been punching above our weight. So happy with that.

Scottish Cup - took Celt*c to a replay where we were under-resourced and played 5-4-1 badly.

League Cup - was looking promising, given our 2nd half performance against PSV, but the injuries sustained, in particular to Bartley, will probably hinder our chances here. Hopefully we will have more of a go at THEM but 4-4-2 looks unlikely with Weir coming back in. Love the guy and what he´s done for us but he, Smith and Ally should all have the sense and courage to say that´s it.

So the SPL is, and always was, priority number one for me.

Nope.

We don't exist just to win the SPL like some people think.

All they posts about not minding if we get put out of Europe etc are cringeworthy.

Would love to see us playing better football but ideally win everything we enter.

Champions League wise- Get out the group at least

Europa League - A realistic chance at winning a Euro trophy.

Said a couple of times today, I don't think people know how cruical winning this league is for us.

Failing to do so could make next season even harder for McCoist coming in.

Anyway whatever happens, I'll look back on it as number 54, nothing else - get it done!