Barry Ferguson

Plamf

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance, ferguson was a fantastic player when he was young, world at his feet, but started fuckin it up nice and early wi the 20 a day and a piss por attitude. he left first time round for one reason or another, and wasnt the same when he came back. I was lad to see him go in the end, anyone that has ever met him or knows him will tell you how much of an arogant wee prick he is, i'd do anything to have been in his position playing for rangers and he made an arse of it, although succesful, he should have done so much more. Greatest achievement! Fuck off ya wee ned

Don't like him and haven't liked him since his 'end my plight'(first time he left) headline. He was Rangers captain, and being captain of Rangers ought to mean something. When it comes to players or the Club, the Club has to come first. Also, he said winning the Carling Cup with Birmingham was the highlight of his career- eh? Ferguson rubbishes everything that is in the past: he rubbished Walter when Advocaat came, he had a slight dig at Advocaat when Mcleish came along, and he rubbished Rangers to get a move to Blackburn, as well as rubbishing Blackburn when he left, saying that their 'big game' was only against Bolton. The man is a victim who will be constantly wronged. He lived the dream, but never looked as if he enjoyed it.

In a heartbeat .

Whether ally would want him is another story .

As you say , he's coming to the end of his career , but IMO is more than capable of performing for another season or two . It would obviously depend on his wage demands , but I think he could be fantastic for the likes of ness and Hutton .

If it was a choice between fergie and mcculloch I'd take fergie 100 times out of 100 .

Yeah Ferguson bawling at them for every mistake and greetin when they pass to anyone but him and dropping back to take the ball off their toes will do them and the team a world of good.

Plus it wouldn't be a choice between fergie and McCulloch, as the clique would demand they both start. A return to Barry's World? No thanks.

Yeah Ferguson bawling at them for every mistake and greetin when they pass to anyone but him and dropping back to take the ball off their toes will do them and the team a world of good.

Plus it wouldn't be a choice between fergie and McCulloch, as the clique would demand they both start. A return to Barry's World? No thanks.

:lol:

Spot on

(tu)

Not a chance, ferguson was a fantastic player when he was young, world at his feet, but started fuckin it up nice and early wi the 20 a day and a piss por attitude. he left first time round for one reason or another, and wasnt the same when he came back. I was lad to see him go in the end, anyone that has ever met him or knows him will tell you how much of an arogant wee prick he is, i'd do anything to have been in his position playing for rangers and he made an arse of it, although succesful, he should have done so much more. Greatest achievement! Fuck off ya wee ned

I've met him before and thought he was a top guy to be honest.

Wouldn't want him back, the young guys we have should be given the chance to prove themselves here, so far they haven't let anyone down. I like Ferguson as a player but he has had his time here and has moved on, we should look at our youngsters or players who are relatively young and will have something to offer for 4 or 5 seasons.

Winning the diddy cup in England was a greater achievement than captaining us to a European final? Aye right :lol:

Winning is everything,losing a cup final is losing.To get a winners medal with a team like Birmingham is an amazing achievement,or should I say, for most on here, it is a once in a lifetime achievement.

Winning is everything,losing a cup final is losing.To get a winners medal with a team like Birmingham is an amazing achievement,or should I say, for most on here, it is a once in a lifetime achievement.

Doesn't matter. Him captaining that Rangers side to a final of a European competition is a far greater achievement than winning a cup in England that none of the big clubs care about.

If Birmingham go down, he will likely be seeking another club.

He has been one of the most consistent performers in the premiership for 2 seasons at a pretty poor team.

Given how poor our midfield has been this season, severely lacking the type of technique and ability he has in abundance, would it would be worth trying to get him for a year?

I don't think he'll struggle to find a move, despite being 33.

He was very poor for much of his second time here, you struggle to think of many occasions where he looked his old self (Porto in the CL would be a notable exception) but like Charlie Adam I think he was a top player just not being used correctly. With a new dawn for the club (here's hoping), maybe he could continue his current form.

There's nothing to suggest Ferguson will want to come back or whether we can afford him but being realistic, I would far rather have Ferguson for another year or 2 than some dross from the SPL or a bottom of the heap EPL player.

He is 33 and obviously has just a season or 2 left but I think he would be a good short term option. A midfield 3 of him, Davis and Ness with Hutton as backup would be great for next season.

Barry who? Move along, nothing to see here.

No chance.

I'd like our oldest player to be a maximum age of what Barry is the now,we need to bring young guys through,develop them,win trophies with them then sell them on for a healthy profit and start again.

Maybe three or four players max that's around the 30 odd mark just for experience and I wouldn't make Fergie one of them.

A backward step when our club has to start striding forward.

No way. I didn't even want him back the first time from Blackburn.

Neither did I, second most over-rated player since Paul McStay. How Dick Advocat could get rid of Rino Gattusso in favour of Ferguson I'll never get over.