Next Old Firm Game

Davie2909

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

THE CRUCIAL final Old Firm derby of the season will be in the first weekend of fixtures after the split.

The SPL have today announced that Rangers will play Celtic at Ibrox on Sunday, April 24 with a 12.30pm kick-off.

A statement reads: "Following consultations with Strathclyde Police and the Heads of Security from Rangers and Celtic, the SPL today confirmed that the final Old Firm game of the season will take place at Ibrox Stadium on Sunday 24 April, 2011, with a 12.30pm kick-off. The match will be broadcast live by Sky Sports."

There had been some media speculation that the game would be played on the second weekend but this has been cleared up today and it will be Easter Sunday.

At this distance Rangers should only have one other home game after the split and that would be against Hearts.

I thought we would have had three home games?

We should have 3 games at home.

When the split comes about we will have played 16 games at home and 17 games away.

I worked it out last night.

We should have 3 home and 2 away but with the teams that are making the op 6 just now, we'll have 2 home and 3 away, giving us 18 home and 20 away over the season.

Tims will have 20 home and 18 away with 3 at home and two away after the split.

Shafted again.

I worked it out last night.

We should have 3 home and 2 away but with the teams that are making the op 6 just now, we'll have 2 home and 3 away, giving us 18 home and 20 away over the season.

Tims will have 20 home and 18 away with 3 at home and two away after the split.

Shafted again.

I always thought that it ended up 19 at home and 19 away, regardless of who made the top 6.

Either way the split is a fucking joke and the sooner it is done away with the better.

I always thought that it ended up 19 at home and 19 away, regardless of who made the top 6.

Either way the split is a fucking joke and the sooner it is done away with the better.

Nah, because it ends on 33 games, it'll never work that way.

We seem to have the worst of it most seasons as well. :(

We should have - surely the SPL can't get away with this?

It's the SPL :rolleyes:

TBH, we are probably better away from Ibrox - not the point though.

Sporting integrity? How's it fair that we have 2 more away games and they get 2 more home games?

Can't believe it's 12.30 on the 24th I'm away at an all night party on the night of the 23rd, looks like I'll have to stay sober and drive back up with no sleep :/

We get shafted every year so it seems but I always thought we HAD to have the same amount of home/away games played regardless.

Same here, the issue is usually that we get 3 away games in the season to someone like hearts and the tims get them 3 times at home or something

Same here, the issue is usually that we get 3 away games in the season to someone like hearts and the tims get them 3 times at home or something

Yup, weve had Pittodrie I believe, last year it was Easter Road 3 times instead of going to Tynecastle for the 2nd time and having Hibs at Ibrox. Maybe dodged a bullet that time.

cue the media frenzy of "potential powderkeg weekend" bullshit.

This is class though, everyone will be smashed that day.

Not necessarily directed at you - but the media will be right if you are correct that ‘everyone will be smashed that day’.

Proof positive that OF day troubles don’t stem from fabricated bullshit about sectarianism but from Scotlands real shame - alcohol soaked dickheads. I fucking hate being at Ibrox and forced to sit next to pished up diddies.