UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

Where did I say that? Of course racist abuse is worse but that doesn't completely negate sectarian singing. Just because we've sung the songs for decades doesn't make them any more acceptable.

Why the offence now after being sung for decades though?

You're not daft and whether you agree with fans singing the songs or not can't you see folk are just out to get Rangers.

You could reply 'Well stop singing them then'

My answer is why should we and so should Rangers,how many celt*c fans are murdered outside Ibrox after an Old Firm game?

Yea none as it's words to a song and songs that have links to Rangers going back a long time,you were at games around the same time as me.

You know how petty this is.

Exactly - It's delusional muppets who claim that fenian does not mean Catholic. These are the people who just make the problem worse.

Sick of them.

I've been with a Catholic for 11 years, I have never called her a fenian, but I do use it in front of her. She does not have a problem with it, because she knows what it means.

Been going to Ibrox for upto 15 years now, and in all my time, i could keep it below 20 where i've heard (en mass) sectarian singing.

Not all fans share this sectarian view, even if you do, and its strange that its fans like you, who inflict further pain to Rangers.

I can count none, what songs are sectarian?

Your wish is shared by those in charge and all their bastard stewards, and for that reason, my visits to Ibrox will be few and far between. Unless there are dramatic developments, I don't see that changing much in the future.

Good. One less bigot to shame our club.

I've been with a Catholic for 11 years, I have never called her a fenian, but I do use it in front of her. She does not have a problem with it, because she knows what it means.

Context is everything. Are you trying to tell me that everyone ever called a 'fenian' have all been Irish rebels/freedom fighters?

Context is everything. Are you trying to tell me that everyone ever called a 'fenian' have all been Irish rebels/freedom fighters?

I normally call catholics papish bastards,

Why the offence now after being sung for decades though?

You're not daft and whether you agree with fans singing the songs or not can't you see folk are just out to get Rangers.

You could reply 'Well stop singing them then'

My answer is why should we and so should Rangers,how many celt*c fans are murdered outside Ibrox after an Old Firm game?

Yea none as it's words to a song and songs that have links to Rangers going back a long time,you were at games around the same time as me.

You know how petty this is.

Yes it is petty, it is disgraceful and it is unfair. Crying about the utter stupidity of it all isn't going to help as the fact is that it looks as if it is going to harm the club, surely none of us want that?

If it comes down sacrificing a few songs so that the club remains unharmed then why fight it?

A precedence is being set by UEFA that will have long term implications for our club,mark my words.

If we continue arguing amoungst ourselves and NOT come up with a way forward acceptable with UEFA and now with thier action the sfa,police and MPs we will be hung out to dry with serious ramifications for OUR club.

Yes it is petty, it is disgraceful and it is unfair. Crying about the utter stupidity of it all isn't going to help as the fact is that it looks as if it is going to harm the club, surely none of us want that?

If it comes down sacrificing a few songs so that the club remains unharmed then why fight it?

It never came from the UEFA delegate though,doesn't that irritate you?

It's coming from this country,attacking our club/fans,

Where will it stop?

Surely you can't blame us for having a siege mentality?

We should be fighting it.

So you honestly believe that will put an end to the witch hunt, or are you trying out another rod ?

For what its worth here's my view:

Other than bursaspor, eindhoven was the only away european game I missed this season so I can't comment on the actual songs sang.

With regards to those "blaming" others. Can those who are so against us singing these songs honestly say that they have never sang these songs or said words like fenian. I believe some will never have, but not all.

Also, how about instead of pointless insults and an argument which will go on for weeks, we stand together as fans of the worlds most successful club and stand up to the arseholes at UEFA. We are constantly picked on for what we do. It doesn't even matter what songs we sing, if anyone finds it offensive, I guarantee we will be on the front page of the rhags. We need the club to stand up for us!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the euro qualifiers this year did the serbia fans not riot v italy (I think). They got a couple of closed doors matches thing and a fine (I think, not sure). Surely this is much worse than anything we could sing????????

No Surrender

Been going to Ibrox for upto 15 years now, and in all my time, i could keep it below 20 where i've heard (en mass) sectarian singing.

Not all fans share this sectarian view, even if you do, and its strange that its fans like you, who inflict further pain to Rangers.

What you want is for many years of history to be wiped out and forgotten about. Thankfully that wont happen. If you dont like the songs that get sung then i am sorry to tell you but you are supporting the wrong club. What you fail to understand is that Rangers is not about who is running the club now. They didnt have the balls to stand up for the club and they should be forever ashamed of this. By all means dont sing the songs if you dont want to but dont think you have the right to tell someone they are a disgrace for doing so.

what uefa should do is go take a fuck to themselves. I would happily take a ban if we told them to fuck off. What they are doing must be illegal and if whoever is in charge at Rangers takes any form of punishment from them then they should be chased out of the club.

People all around the world are waking up to the evils of the catholic church. I have even heard the slogan "fuck the pope" being said by people with no interest in Rangers or football but as soon as a Rangers fan says it then its disgracefully seen as sectarianism. The sad thing is that no one with any sort of power is coming out and defending us.

freedom of speech and freedom to protest is slowly but surely being taken away from everyone. People like spiers and others like him are having their fun for now but one day they will realise they are fucked as they will be too scared to write anything in fear of being sued or charged with a hate crime. They will also not be allowed to spew their pish on silly little things like twitter as things like that site will be banned as expressing an opinion will be frowned upon. What they also dont seem to understand is that they are making the whole thing worse. The last couple of years has calmed down a lot but people are starting to get pissed off with the constant abuse they give us and its starting to grow legs again. I know that i am not the only one whos hatred for all things catholic is at an all time high because of events in the last couple of years and its all down to people like him.

What you want is for many years of history to be wiped out and forgotten about. Thankfully that wont happen. If you dont like the songs that get sung then i am sorry to tell you but you are supporting the wrong club. What you fail to understand is that Rangers is not about who is running the club now. They didnt have the balls to stand up for the club and they should be forever ashamed of this. By all means dont sing the songs if you dont want to but dont think you have the right to tell someone they are a disgrace for doing so.

what uefa should do is go take a fuck to themselves. I would happily take a ban if we told them to fuck off. What they are doing must be illegal and if whoever is in charge at Rangers takes any form of punishment from them then they should be chased out of the club.

People all around the world are waking up to the evils of the catholic church. I have even heard the slogan "fuck the pope" being said by people with no interest in Rangers or football but as soon as a Rangers fan says it then its disgracefully seen as sectarianism. The sad thing is that no one with any sort of power is coming out and defending us.

freedom of speech and freedom to protest is slowly but surely being taken away from everyone. People like spiers and others like him are having their fun for now but one day they will realise they are fucked as they will be too scared to write anything in fear of being sued or charged with a hate crime. They will also not be allowed to spew their pish on silly little things like twitter as things like that site will be banned as expressing an opinion will be frowned upon. What they also dont seem to understand is that they are making the whole thing worse. The last couple of years has calmed down a lot but people are starting to get pissed off with the constant abuse they give us and its starting to grow legs again. I know that i am not the only one whos hatred for all things catholic is at an all time high because of events in the last couple of years and its all down to people like him.

Every word. (tu)

It never came from the UEFA delegate though,doesn't that irritate you?

It's coming from this country,attacking our club/fans,

Where will it stop?

Surely you can't blame us for having a siege mentality?

We should be fighting it.

We should be doing whatever we can not to damage the club. A heavy fine is exactly the last thing Rangers need.

I love people who just cost our club £100k and stopped us going abroad to watch our team for 3 matches, as well as directly going against our managements wishes - AND who admit to rarely actually going to Ibrox anymore - still have the temerity to act like uberfans and talk down to those of us that would rather we stop the political and sectarian baggage.

It's been on the Rangers website.

Your name has been mentioned.

Oh noes :craphead:

"We do, however, believe that it is absurd to think that only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs. That is patently not the case and we are left to conclude that there is a disproportionate focus on Rangers. It has also become clear there are people who have been determined to undermine our Club at any cost and have constantly lobbied UEFA and other organisations to take action against Rangers."

Fuck all will come of it if we challenege it legally that statement suggests that we won't take it lying down

So you honestly believe that will put an end to the witch hunt, or are you trying out another rod ?

If you think not wanting my club damaged is 'fishing' then that says more about you then me. I dont know if it'll put an end to anything, I just dont want us hit with a heavy fine.