McVities ban union flag

SugarPlum

Anyone see in the record today the union flag has been banned at McVities (coincidentally the royal wedding baker) as a female complained saying she would bring in a tricolour if the union flag remained up. According to McVities it had sectarian connotations.

This is utter madness...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see in the record today the union flag has been banned at McVities (coincidentally the royal wedding baker) as a female complained saying she would bring in a tricolour if the union flag remained up. According to McVities it had sectarian connotations.

This is utter madness...

McVities are notorious taigs. Even the orangey bit in the Jaffa Cakes has been altered. :sherlock:

Morrisons in coatbrig told to remove UJ bunting from store today also as its was "causing concern"

Must be the only country in the world where flying your national flag is seen as "offensive"

Afraid it's not a joke. The statement from McVities reads:

"the management team have reflected since the decorations went up. They decided some are not appropriate, in light of their direct connotations with football and sectarianism in the west of Scotland. Other decorations remain up however."

Maybe now the media and everyone else can see who the real small minded bigots are.

My mum works in there and she asked someone why they were so against it and they claimed they were anti royalists then moaned that a picture of the pope wasn't put up for his visit, you couldn't make it up :lol:

Then the point my mum made was if you're so anti royalist then why don't you forego the day off work the factory has given them and they had no come back for that.

unreal, totally unreal.

this is beyond a joke now. when i get back to scotland i'm going to make the point of flying as many union flags as possible around the city

i dont see how anyone could win a case about a union jack being offensive when it is being flown it IT'S OWN FUCKING COUNTRY!

Fuck the Tri

:uk:

I struggle to understand how a flag representing the UK can cause offense in the UK, to people who live and work in the UK, and in a week where the eyes of the world are on the UK to celebrate the wedding of a British Royal.

What's so difficult about that?

Anyone else concerned that this will be the spark that lets the media blow it out of proportion and twists in the mhanks favour in regards to this whole attack on us for everything we do?

mainstream papers wont take this line with things, its like holding a gun to your own head, they may report on it but they will not push this situatiion as if they are leading the fight, but they may pander to a few people letting them say there piece and watch them inplode