McVities ban union flag

SugarPlum

There's no need for a witch hunt. It's expected that somebody would complain particularly if they felt it appropriate to fly a tricolour in defiance of the union flag. It's the fact that MANAGEMENT decided to remove the "offending" items. That's where the real problem is.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me these alleged "direct connotations"

The direct connotations are that Ceptic fans dont recognise them therefore anything that offends the great offended are automatically secterian.

This country is now officially out of control.

That's literally the most fucked up thing I've ever heard.

Union jacks are connected to sectarianism? It's best not to have them flying.....even on a week where there is a British Royal fucking Wedding?

What the fucking fuck?

Why are people so dumb?

Makes me glad i live down in Yorkshire now, i'll be able to fly my Union Flag with pride!!

Ive bought my last Chocolate Digestive off those cunts though, its Tesco's own brand all the way. Sure they taste rotten.....but the moral high-ground will make them taste sweeter than ever before!

We should all e mail them asking what the "direct connotations" are in respect of the Union flag.

And then boycott their biscuits.

http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/contact.php

Here's what I put (I had to keep editing, due to 500 characters limit)

I read with absolute disgust this morning that staff were ordered to take down the Union Flag as part of the countries upcoming Royal Wedding celebrations.

The reason mooted was "sectarianism"

This takes the biscuit. Pun indented.

I've never felt so disgusted in all my life. All you have done is pander to a bigoted minority and played your part in the bigotry problem yourself's.

The REAL bigots are the ones who took down the Union Flag.

For the record I'm not a football supporter, I'm a patriotic Scot & Brit and your actions are shameful.

McVitie's - part of the bigotry problem. I will think twice about buying any of your brands again.

Oh dear what an own goal by Mcvities :doh: where is there complaint email address ? im sure they will LOVE losing all their Scottish customers and making do with their small rhebel group buyin and waving their republican shirts all over the place

Anyone else concerned that this will be the spark that lets the media blow it out of proportion and twists in the mhanks favour in regards to this whole attack on us for everything we do?

In a word, no.

Mc vhities may just have opened the floodgates what's to stop any other fenien scumbag demanding union flags be removed from their workplace now

The vast majority dont have workplaces.

Shows the world how feckin thick the MOPE tims are and to be honest the bosses should have told them to fec right off. Everyone i have spoke down here has be of the mind the tims are mentalist and this only helps to enforce the view that they dont live on the same planet as the rest of society.

I ams sure many creeds have helped to embrace the spirit and put flags up without feeling oppressed by the national flag of the UK. Pretty sure ou could go round the world and find flags flying in celebration of this wedding.

She and her likes are bigots end off.

I would have thought McVities could have done without the bad publicity they are bound to get from this?

I shall certainly be removing all McVities items from any future shopping lists. (tu)

WTF. Absolutely mind blowing. As people have said, this is the only place where flying your national flag is frowned upon. If they don't like our flag, tough shit. This is the UK, not Ireland.

The tail wagging the dog once again. Fucking shitehole of a country.

You're not wrong mate. This country is now an official laughing stock, and the people that run it, need to grow a set of balls.