McVities ban union flag

SugarPlum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a packet of their Digestives yesterday, but at this moment the birds in the back garden are enjoying them. Will never buy another thing made by them.

Ditto packet of shortbread, also noticed a couple of green clothes pegs that I had missed when I was out there, they are in the fuckin bin to boot ! (tu):sherlock:

This is becoming a fucking joke. Seriously thinking of moving south of the border when I finish uni.

No deal :pipe:

If you are that bothered you should have paid to come to a uni here :pipe:

Nothing to do with the football mate (tu)

Gotta disagree with you there bud, its everything to do with the football, and the fact that we've stood on their necks for the past 2 seasons. Their bitterness and desperation grows with every day. This is just it manifesting itself in one of its many ways.

Fuck them, they are hurting. We stand together and they are defeated. (tu)

Who was the TV presenter who would come out from the bushes with a microphone and camera crew in tow, laughing at some gullible participant who they had over a barrel about a Bus Stop being put in their garden?- might we be involved in that, or has this country somehow developed instant mass insanity over the last few weeks?

Didn't matter in the end for Brenda O'ffended. The crushing weight of the British establishment struck her a second mighty blow as United Biscuits HQ - in response to even more passionate complaints from Brit staff - overturned the Glasgow management mincing and the factory will now (and I quote) 'proudly' display the Union flag at the factory on Friday.

I called their press office and they emailed me this press release.

GIRFUY to the anti-Brits. :sherlock:

Outstanding

As Winston Churchill famously said:

:sherlock:

Ive started to read this thread and it seemed to be like a war film ..... glad with McVities statement ... it was shocking anyway .... how nations flag could be offensive? .... that is shocking .... couldnt get it at all .. that cow is realy miserable one .. very unhappy probably, not being loved, creating complex and hate to somthing Great and loved like Britain is ...

but absoltulely loved Chruchill special quotation :D:uk: imagine slovak flag icon as well :lol:

Fenien whore hope she gets hit by a fucking bus,if these cunts love Ireland so much why don't they fuck off and live there,bunch of fucking tattie farming bastards why don't they go home

:lol:

Gotta disagree with you there bud, its everything to do with the football, and the fact that we've stood on their necks for the past 2 seasons. Their bitterness and desperation grows with every day. This is just it manifesting itself in one of its many ways.

Fuck them, they are hurting. We stand together and they are defeated. (tu)

Cant disagree there mate.

I just messaged McVities and now I am going to message Westminster and Buckingham Palace asking for their views. I couldnt fit all I wanted to say onto the McVities stupid little form.

It was with some concern that I have learnt today that your McVities factory in Glasgow have taken down the Union Flag, the national flag of Great Britain, OUR national flag amidst outlandish claims that it is 'offensive'. I wonder, have you informed the Royal Family of your decision to call the flag of this country offensive? Well rest assured I will be doing that for you.

Perhaps, to paraphrase a famous song, you need to think again.

And to Westminster/Buckingham Palace I sent this:

It is with some alarm that I am writing to you about a story that has appeared in the Scottish media, whereby the company, McVities, who I believe are one of those responsible for helping to make the wedding cake for the forthcoming Royal Wedding. I wonder if you aware that this company has ordered the banning of the Union Flag from being flown in honour of the Royal wedding, as they claim this is 'offensive'. I cannot see how, in anyway whatsoever and particularly in the week of the biggest Royal wedding in many a long time, that such a company can get away with such claims about our own national flag being in way whatsoever offensive and would be interested to know the views of the Royal Family on such a matter.

Uhm perhaps should have changed the last bit for the westminster mail but nvm.

Fucking madness. I'm glad I don't live in Scotland to be honest.

This is why I will never be back. Overseas I can be honest with my children without fear of being told I am a bigot/racist/add any lefty abuse here.

Other countries respect differing opinions - Scotland does not. Labour has ruined the UK and it is unlikely to ever recover.

It is appalling when you think that you have more freedom in developing Islamic countries than in the UK. A joke and a half.

I might also add that there are plenty of Bluenoses I know who continue to vote Labour, even armed with this knowledge, and they always will vote for them. They will also teach their children to vote Labour as well. This is why it will never change.

The BNP are hardly good allies in all this, given the image we apparently already hold and the fact that as soon as they show support for a cause, no matter what it is and no matter their motivations, the vast majority of the media will take up against it.

The BNP are hardly good allies in all this, given the image we apparently already hold and the fact that as soon as they show support for a cause, no matter what it is and no matter their motivations, the vast majority of the media will take up against it.

They have a voice in parliament RM doesn't.

A large selection of the media are slating the club and thus far we have had little in the way of a voice certainly up until Sir Walter departs

BNP can make a noise without bringing Rangers into it, patriotic British staff supplying goods for the Royal Wedding and refused permission to display the union jack.

BNP will love it

To be fair the vast majority of the media have taken everything up against us anyway