Boyhood hero growing up?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when Ronaldinho was just insanely good. By far the best player on the planet just a few years ago and then he lost form and never regained it. He was my favourite at the time. Loved the Flo and Zola partnership for Chelsea too.

Funny thing is Dundee Utd have the white numbers with black centre now (just like Holland of the 70s) and seeing them the other night made me think of number 14 :pipe:

Apparently he tried that a short time afterwords against DJ and our man read it. Cruyff said well done Derek Johnstone and Derek replied I saw you do that on the television :D

Funny thing is Dundee Utd have the white numbers with black centre now (just like Holland of the 70s) and seeing them the other night made me think of number 14 :pipe:

Apparently he tried that a short time afterwords against DJ and our man read it. Cruyff said well done Derek Johnstone and Derek replied I saw you do that on the television :D

Brilliant story. I would say Nick Faldo, Pete Sampras was a little later but great tennis player, and when I was very young John McEnroe. Football I liked Romario, Gullit, and Maradona I never saw him in his prime, but Jack Nicklaus is a great sportsman, and had a great sporting attitude. I would say any aspiring youngster eager to get into sport, or talented enough, should read about Nicklaus

Gareth Edwards inspired me to play rugby from the age of 10 until I trashed my knee at 15

Gareth Edwards retired from rugby in 1978 after playing for Wales on fifty three consecutive occasions - a record which may never be equalled.

Gareth Edwards the scrum half? He's not dead mate, lives down the road from my grandparents just outside of Swansea :lol:

That would explain alot :blush: Now I'm off to beat the shit out ma uncle for lying to me for all those years