Lee McCulloch

Radke

Do you think Lee McCulloch is a good player?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Lee McCulloch is a good player?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (please give more info)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you seen what affect it had when he was absent from the team

What affect was that?

The stats show that our defence has been much more solid without McCulloch in front of it

We've lost less games without him than with him

yes he is and now is not the time to start beating down on our own players. Got 2 uber important games coming up...

Nobody was advocating booing him at a match or sending a 'Lee must go' petition into Ibrox. :rolleyes:

yes and no really.

yes with our current squad, with the team we have right now, big lee is a first team player and does a good job for Rangers.

but no, i don't think i would like to have him in my first team if there is money to spend on better.

i would have him in the squad though because he can play in basically any position on the park and will put in a shift. would be a great back up player to have on the books

What is the stats for this?

5-4

With McCulloch in the team we've lost away to Valencia and Hearts, and at home to Man Utd, Hibs and Celtic

Without him in the team we've lost to Dundee United and PSV at home, and Celtic away twice

What affect was that?

In the five games we have lost this season in the SPL McCulloch played in three. In the three draws he started in two.

Without Lee this season in the league our record is played 17 won 14, lost 2 and drew 1. 82% win ratio Two of those games were dropped points against Celtic.

Our best performances of the season have been when McCulloch was not playing; Hearts away, Valencia home, CIS cup final, Hibs 3-0 away, Motherwell away(twice), Motherwell 6-0 home, Hearts 4-0 home.

Somebody also claimed he had a good shot, really? 1 goal all season after about 40 attempts at goal. His shooting is gash.

This poll assures me of usual British mentality about footballers.

There is no debate that we have been better without Lee this season and the clean sheets, more goals scored and better football we have produced makes that clear as day.

While they are interesting stats , you don't factor in who he was playing in the middle with who was on the wings who was in the defence , was it the same 11 players for all the games he was out , was it the same starting 11 when he was in the team ?

As i say many times on here , our players rate him (the ones who play with him ) the fans don't ...

5-4

With McCulloch in the team we've lost away to Valencia and Hearts, and at home to Man Utd, Hibs and Celtic

Without him in the team we've lost to Dundee United and PSV at home, and Celtic away twice

So games in Scotland it is 3-3 and we have played about 10 more games with him in the team than without him

I rate him, do I rate him as the Scottish Maradona?- no. Lee is an honest player for Rangers and we have had a good record as a team with him hear. Every good team has a McCulloch. 11 Steve Davis' or Naismiths would not do, but Lee does not even pretend to be a flair player. He gets the job done more often than not Here we are, nearly winning the League, certainly in with a good chance, and all some people can do is have (yet another)go at Lee McCulloch

Well if you want to look at the injuries since Lee got injured we had Naismith, Papac, Bougherra, Weiss all out of action at times.

Think it's fair to say we were stronger earlier in the season with Miller, Edu/Naismith on form and not having a troubled injury hit back-line.

We have faired better with a weakened team and produced better performances which says it all about Lee's so called importance and protection.

(tu) fair do's , couldn't be arse looking it up myself :lol: i would agree this season he hasnt been as good as he was last season and i agree with the Protection and shooting part of your argument , he is useful at taking the ball from the backline and distributing it to the ball players in the team IMO

I'd sell him for a penny if I had the chance . Poor centre forward , poor left midfielder , posh poor centre half and proper shite centre mid .

Shite footballer all round as far as I can see , and the longer guys like the clugger are guaranteed a game for rangers , the longer it will be before we progress as a team IMO .

there are a thousand players out there that could do the " job " he does for the team , but I'd guess that 90% of them could also offer a whole lot more .

And to think we've given a 33 year old who has missed half the season with injury a new long term contract ! I thought these days were over , spunking money on shite !

Add to that the likelyhood that he will be captain next season , it's enough to make me want to stab myself in the eye with a blunt spoon !!!!!!