big laff,

krissg910

ok hes been here for 3 yrs and the majority of the time hes been woeful.

but each of the three seasons in the last 6-7 games he comes alive, scores goals and plays good. is there a player in there? i just cant get my head round it.

personally id love the big man to be a good player but so often he lets me down.

thoughts??

5/6 good games a season is no use. He has had numerous opportunities and failed to deliver.

He has been decent in recent weeks, but we need more than running about and giving 100%.

Hopefully he can deliver in the final two games, and we can move him on in the summer. A player who does not deserve a new contract.

5/6 good games a season is no use. He has had numerous opportunities and failed to deliver.

He has been decent in recent weeks, but we need more than running about and giving 100%.

Hopefully he can deliver in the final two games, and we can move him on in the summer. A player who does not deserve a new contract.

spot on. (tu)

Think he has been much better on the whole this season, he also seems to play well with Jelavic. Would agree that next year has to be it for him, hopefully he does a Naisy and comes good, but we can all see in flashes, sometimes longer than others, that there is the potential of a good player in there. Possibly he may have to move on to realise that potential, but hopefully not

A lot of people have their minds firmly made up on Lafferty and dismiss his runs of good form as out of character or whatever

This has easily been his best season for the club and considering it took Naismith 4 years to come good, it'll be interesting to see how Lafferty does next year

def think there is something more to him than what we've seen. His determination is incredible. Agreed he isnt worth the price we paid. Really wish he would come of age and step up to the plate with 15-20 goals a season. Maybe mccoist will get more out of him? Def think we need to remember hes played left mid for us ALOT. Hes clearly a striker IMO

He is still only 23, most strikers don't hit their prime for a few more years. He has looked good the last few games playing alongside Jelavic with Naismith linking up with them.

Here's hoping next year is his year!

def think there is something more to him than what we've seen. His determination is incredible. Agreed he isnt worth the price we paid. Really wish he would come of age and step up to the plate with 15-20 goals a season. Maybe mccoist will get more out of him? Def think we need to remember hes played left mid for us ALOT. Hes clearly a striker IMO

I wouldn't say he is a striker. He is not a goalscorer, a provider or target man.

He is better in a wider position.

I wouldn't say he is a striker. He is not a goalscorer, a provider or target man.

Exactly what i've been thinking for a while now, his better performances seem to be in midfield. And occasionally he might score, but we can save the 2nd spot upfront for someone else

There's clearly a player in there and, I think anyway, a decent guy who I like and I'm happy to get behind even when he frustrates. That said, if we sign another striker then we should just sell him. He's playing well with Jelavic up top and I have no desire to see him pushed out wide so that people can criticise him when he inevitably fails to deliver.

Still has a way to go and a lot ot learn, i'm hoping he's looking at Jela, Healy and some of the older players as well as taking on board what ally etc will be coaching him.

he isn't the strike partner Jelavic needs though,i can't see a formiddable partnership ever come from him playing alongside Jelavic.

In all honesty i think if Healy had Laffertys athleticism with his own ability he would be perfect up top with Jelavic. Vice versa if Lafferty had more nous about his game.

will never put the big man down though, he's passionate about the club and i want to see him suceed with Rangers.

Hasn't he been playing upfront recently, and the end of last season, when his runs of better form seem to take place ???

IMO he isnt a left midfielder. He cant hit the by line, cant cross, and can only cut inside. Maybe in a 4-3-3 he could be a left inside forward, but for me isnt not a LM. Just my personal opinion.

Hes a nightmare for Centre backs to deal with, and gives them no time on the ball whatsoever.