Bad losers at BBC have a programme on tonight

Just like every single topic on old firm land, the majority on here are saying the documentary was anti-rangers meanwhile across the way, the other mob think it was anti-Celtic.

The real truth is that it was just a plain old load of pish on both sides.

There is some credence in the thought about the panel of guests which no-one could argue had a more "celticy" feel about it, but I felt in general that Devine apart, he really is rancid, the others stated very clearly it was a two way problem which is something you don't often here from the other mobs fans.

Like others I felt the stats they used were more a dig at Celtic than anything else.

I just can't get into the argument over it being balanced or not as it didn't actually say anything we didn't know or even attempt to look at the issues. It was 23 minutes long. Who authorized a 23 minute documentary on a subject that has 123 years of history (if we agree last night was only about football and not bigotry as a whole)

The whole thing was just pish. Total pish. It didn't Reevel anything (see what I did there).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, actually she isn't. She is the supreme governor of the Church of England but has no formal role in the Church of Scotland, the Church of Scotland is independent of the state. You should know that.

The Anglican Church (or Episcopal Church) is governed from the top down to the individual parish, the Presbyterian Church (or Church of Scotland) is governed from the bottom up even if it is the established national church. John Calvin, who first trained as a lawyer, established this form of representative organization in 1541, and John Knox took the idea to Scotland. Thus, Queen Elizabeth sends an observer to the General Assembly once a year, and while she is the Queen of the United Kingdom, she is only a member of the Church of Scotland just like any other member.She is however Supreme Governor of the Church of England a protestant denomination.I 100% agree with the sentiment of your argument.

That's not true. It is the established (state) church in Scotland, but the Queen is not the head of the Church - unlike in Anglicanism.

Fair play lads (tu)

Just watched it and a few people must have written there after documentary diatribe before watching it and just used it anyway.

Was it a good show, no..was there anything new in at all...no..was it anything to get worked up over or did it overly victimise Rangers...no.

I don't know if balance is the right word but it seemed more balanced than the panorama show from a few years ago but very similar in style.

As for all the arguments about the length it was 28 mins and 43 secs long on the iplayer...did i get some unseen footage.... :lol:

Just watched it and a few people must have written there after documentary diatribe before watching it and just used it anyway.

Was it a good show, no..was there anything new in at all...no..was it anything to get worked up over or did it overly victimise Rangers...no.

I don't know if balance is the right word but it seemed more balanced than the panorama show from a few years ago but very similar in style.

As for all the arguments about the length it was 28 mins and 43 secs long on the iplayer...did i get some unseen footage.... :lol:

Think I fast forwarded past the rather pointless and somewhat scary candle vigil at the beginning, maybe that was the other few minutes. :craphead:

Think I fast forwarded past the rather pointless and somewhat scary candle vigil at the beginning, maybe that was the other few minutes. :craphead:

That happening made me a happy man to have left Scotland...possibly the strangest thing i have ever seen...all there solemn wee faces with candles in hand for a man who was very much alive and kicking.... :lol:

That happening made me a happy man to have left Scotland...possibly the strangest thing i have ever seen...all there solemn wee faces with candles in hand for a man who was very much alive and kicking.... :lol:

Yeah it was strange event they way it was portrayed it would also be a sectarian event as it was if the bbc let the world hear what they were singing at a vigil.

They filmed a bunch of wee boys singing at Hampdump and tried to pass it off as proof of sectarianism across the board. Thats the only citicism I personally have.

But your bang on. This show didnt single us out.

Imo they're scared of us now. If that had been made a year ago we would have been hung out to dry; by the BBC and by the club.

They filmed a bunch of wee boys singing at Hampdump and tried to pass it off as proof of sectarianism across the board. Thats the only citicism I personally have.

But your bang on. This show didnt single us out.

Imo they're scared of us now. If that had been made a year ago we would have been hung out to dry; by the BBC and by the club.

They picked the youth game as they knew they would get what they want, the same reason they picked the hearts v celtic game which will have as much "bigotry" , if not more, than any other game in scotland

Didn't watch it - couldn't be arsed - however, I still managed to be "offended" (;)) enough to write the following to BBC Scotland.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write as a very angry Licence Fee payer after deliberately not watching your BBC Scotland show 'Bombs, Bigotry and Football' in which a BBC newsreader (Jackie Skinnybitch) wore the colour green. Not only was she wearing green, she has ginger hair into the bargain - a clear sign of Devil worship if ever I saw it.

In the King James bible, Mark, Ch. 6, verse 12 said: "Behold, if anyone weare-th green and hav-eth a ginger minge then they-eth be-eth followers of Satan - and thou shall recognise them as they shall-eth smell of shite and be closet papists."

So it is written. Amen.

If anyone at BBC Scotland had read the King James bible you would know this and would have spared the viewers, of which I wasn't one, this fate. It's bad enough when the followers of Satan come to small villages like the one I live in and cause all types of bother with their songs of Satanism and Catholicism - one and the same really.

I shall be writing to my MP, my MSP, my MEP, my MI5 and My-Space to get the lot of you sacked for being Devil worshippers.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. T. Butcher,

Inverness

I feel sullied even though I didn't watch this pish - I may even sue. :sherlock:

Didn't watch it - couldn't be arsed - however, I still managed to be "offended" (;)) enough to write the following to BBC Scotland.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write as a very angry Licence Fee payer after deliberately not watching your BBC Scotland show 'Bombs, Bigotry and Football' in which a BBC newsreader (Jackie Skinnybitch) wore the colour green. Not only was she wearing green, she has ginger hair into the bargain - a clear sign of Devil worship if ever I saw it.

In the King James bible, Mark, Ch. 6, verse 12 said: "Behold, if anyone weare-th green and hav-eth a ginger minge then they-eth be-eth followers of Satan - and thou shall recognise them as they shall-eth smell of shite and be closet papists."

So it is written. Amen.

If anyone at BBC Scotland had read the King James bible you would know this and would have spared the viewers, of which I wasn't one, this fate. It's bad enough when the followers of Satan come to small villages like the one I live in and cause all types of bother with their songs of Satanism and Catholicism - one and the same really.

I shall be writing to my MP, my MSP, my MEP, my MI5 and My-Space to get the lot of you sacked for being Devil worshippers.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. T. Butcher,

Inverness

I feel sullied even though I didn't watch this pish - I may even sue. :sherlock:

Pish ma sel laughing there.Quality! :lol: :lol:

Pish ma sel laughing there.Quality! :lol: :lol:

I don't know if this is irony or sarcasm mate but it sums up the whole reason for not watching the Scottish media's attempts ( and they have been many ) to rationalise the sectarian question. The football clubs are not the breeding ground of sectarianism. There is no point in a program ,of this length, purporting to address the issue when it blatantly skates over more fundamental questions. The whole issue of Catholic Communities harks back to their wish to be seen as seperate and distinct from main stream society, yet those who are then treated as seperate go on to complain that they're being marginalised or vicTIMised. The wounds inflicted on its followers by the Catholic Church itself are vastly worse than some tit for tat name calling half a dozen times a year.

I love it how they said we hate lennon because he is catholic but failed to mention other SPL clubs fans hate him because he is a mouthy bitch. My brothers are hibs fans and hate this cunt!

Years ago I recorded a prog called Football,Faith and Flutes. It was way above that piss the other night,right to the point and no holes bard.Both sides called each other vile names , but now it's mellow. You can't even call the pope a fuckin hippy an all that.

Lennon and seperate schools are the problem.

Years ago I recorded a prog called Football,Faith and Flutes. It was way above that piss the other night,right to the point and no holes bard.Both sides called each other vile names , but now it's mellow. You can't even call the pope a fuckin hippy an all that.

Lennon and seperate schools are the problem.

Jesus H Christ they couldn't have picked 3 more rabid apologists for the Catholic opinion could they.

That will be a well balanced podcast and debate....NOT.

Bob Doris the MSP who was telling all and sundry to mark Irish on their recent census forms. Piece of Republican filth that he is.

Thanks for posting that.I agree with Adoniram's view and in reality we should respond to the Podcast as invited to by the Guardian (in a non sectarian way of course).The Guardian is the type of left wing pish I avoid reading so their take on matter does not surprise me.Always felt that paper's only use was as fish and chip wrap.

Dear Sir/Madam,

So it is written. Amen.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. T. Butcher,

Inverness

This wis wan fur no.1, you should send this to the editor along with an imaginary picture of the ginger minge shaggin the ginger bigot ! :sherlock:

I don't know if this is irony or sarcasm mate but it sums up the whole reason for not watching the Scottish media's attempts ( and they have been many ) to rationalise the sectarian question. The football clubs are not the breeding ground of sectarianism. There is no point in a program ,of this length, purporting to address the issue when it blatantly skates over more fundamental questions. The whole issue of Catholic Communities harks back to their wish to be seen as seperate and distinct from main stream society, yet those who are then treated as seperate go on to complain that they're being marginalised or vicTIMised. The wounds inflicted on its followers by the Catholic Church itself are vastly worse than some tit for tat name calling half a dozen times a year.

It was neither irony or sarcasm my friend. I thought it was a funny post.take the pickle oot yir hole. :D