Bad losers at BBC have a programme on tonight

i thought the program was good. it put a lot of emphasis on the fact that sectarianism is a societal problem first and foremost and a football problem second

there were a few bits which were misleading/inaccurate but i feel the message was put across well.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any anti-Rangers agenda was easily outweighed by the complete lack of commitment shown by ra selik to address the issue. They didn't do themselves any good. Thats how it came across to me anyway.

This is becoming more and more obvious with every passing season. Our club could not be doing more to address the issue and shoulder much more than our fair share of the responsibility. Celtic just shrug their shoulders. "We don't have a problem." Unfortunately, the fact that you and I and other Rangers supporters might have taken away from the programme the impression that they were shown up doesn't change the fact that we will continue to be portrayed as the villain to their victim, when the truth is so obviously somewhere in between. Scottish society, in a bid to abdicate responsibility and wash its hands of a problem that has roots that run far deeper than football, is now happy to pander credulously to every pathetic, weasly lie and deflection that comes from Celtic and its supporters, in the stadium and in wider society. I have no intention of defending certain attitudes prevalent within our club and support historically that think we should be happy to move on from but I am appalled that we are now the scapegoat. We didn't create sectarianism in Scotland and we can't eradicate it alone. And yet we will continue to be expected to by people asking us to run a marathon and then moving the finishing line back another 10 metres every time we get near it.

I wish somebody would have the guts to point out that The Rangers was not a religious or nationalist institution until Celtic came along. We have have always held a mirror up to that club. All of a sudden they are afraid to look at the reflection.

That numpty robert florence just slated bbc for showing half hour of bigotry problems as opposed to two hours of the scheme this week. Drink and drug abuse, poverty, knife crime and violence...not as serious issues as naughty singing. Give me a fucking break.

i thought the program was good. it put a lot of emphasis on the fact that sectarianism is a societal problem first and foremost and a football problem second

there were a few bits which were misleading/inaccurate but i feel the message was put across well.

The message being -" those Protestant bassas are getting stitched up big time ":rolleyes:

Get a grip FFS . The taig in the studio reckons it's only poliltical chanting they do . "..soon there'll be no Protestants at all..." Political my arse .

And the ira songs were from the 'oul days :rolleyes:

Oh really ? Roll of Honour anyone . Fckin big stitch up.

The message being -" those Protestant bassas are getting stitched up big time ":rolleyes:

Get a grip FFS . The taig in the studio reckons it's only poliltical chanting they do . "..soon there'll be no Protestants at all..." Political my arse .

Oh really ? Roll of Honour anyone . Fckin big stitch up.

That just made him look even more of an idiot, even a child watching could see the stupidity of the tims response.

That argument would be watertight if the imbeciles didn't stick a big P in front of it.

P-I-P-I-P-I-R-A

No wait, we was talking about the old one, honest.

High profile catholic? I want prove Lennon IS a catholic.

I desire no proof of Lennon's religion or lack thereof but this is an interesting point. I haven't the faintest idea whether he's a Catholic or not. I doubt it. I doubt he practices any religion. He certainly doesn't act like a Christian.

So that can't be why I don't like him. Don't know about you.

That just made him look even more of an idiot, even a child watching could see the stupidity of the tims response.

Notice as well that the tim didnt even have the courtesy to stand up when shaking the Rangers fans hands, thats bad manners in my book shows a lack of class and thats even before he opened his gub

Has it ever occurred to people that the equipment was not working on the reporter who was situated with the Celtic fans at Tynecastle?

Was the blue tinted specs on when it showed Celtic fans(on video from the reporter) singing IRA songs at Youth Cup match?

Programme was not biased in anyway, it highlighted problems on both sides. Some of you are just as bad as Celtic fans when thinking people are out to get Rangers and that we don't have problems connected to sectarianism.

Certainly nowhere near as one sided as the mhedia, news reports have been for most of this season. :angry:

I thought the same to be quite honest.

When i heard ' we didnt get any footage off the celtic fans singing their pro ira songs' i knew for a fact , people on here would be saying ' typical bbc ' but celtic fans would also be saying 'typical bbc , saying were doing things but just happen to have no prove'

it was a fair report, it didnt actually prove anything , was actually quite shite, and it didnt actually serve any purpose, apart from put sectarianism in the spotlight once again.

waste of tax payers money is the full conclusion.

I thought the same to be quite honest.

When i heard ' we didnt get any footage off the celtic fans singing their pro ira songs' i knew for a fact , people on here would be saying ' typical bbc ' but celtic fans would also be saying 'typical bbc , saying were doing things but just happen to have no prove'

it was a fair report, it didnt actually prove anything , was actually quite shite, and it didnt actually serve any purpose, apart from put sectarianism in the spotlight once again.

waste of tax payers money is the full conclusion.

Seems convenient, I dont see why that would make you question posters on here after all anyone sensible would come to that conclusion.

Very biased, I agree with Christopher Brookmyre thought he spoke a lot of sense when he was on there.

This.

That programme should have started with this comment and then went on to properly define the problem and then openly discuss the whole issue. Most people were too scared to say anything. Wishy washy attempt and will do nothing to open a real discussion on the problem. Just gets BBC Scotland a slight rating boost.

Has it ever occurred to people that the equipment was not working on the reporter who was situated with the Celtic fans at Tynecastle?

Was the blue tinted specs on when it showed Celtic fans(on video from the reporter) singing IRA songs at Youth Cup match?

Programme was not biased in anyway, it highlighted problems on both sides. Some of you are just as bad as Celtic fans when thinking people are out to get Rangers and that we don't have problems connected to sectarianism.

Certainly nowhere near as one sided as the mhedia, news reports have been for most of this season. :angry:

I could find celtic fans attacking stewards at tynecastle on youtube,remember it was bbc scotland who used youtube videos of Rangers fans in Villarreal,but wouldn't use the youtube videos of celtic players singing ira songs,this and many other reasons is why they aren't trusted by Rangers fans.

There's so many things these shitey documentarys and articles keep missing out.

3. The Queen is the head of the Church of Scotland.

No, actually she isn't. She is the supreme governor of the Church of England but has no formal role in the Church of Scotland, the Church of Scotland is independent of the state. You should know that.

There's so many things these shitey documentarys and articles keep missing out.

1. "Fenian" does not = Catholic.

2. Neil Lennon is not hated for being Catholic and Irish. See Martin O'Neill.

3. The Queen is the head of the Church of Scotland. Obviously politics is the main motivation behind their insults, but that's a stronger argument for calling somebody sectarian than the one in which "fenian" is equal to "catholic".

4. The majority of the Celtic support are not Irish and therefore they should not be treated as if they are.

Etc, etc.

The Anglican Church (or Episcopal Church) is governed from the top down to the individual parish, the Presbyterian Church (or Church of Scotland) is governed from the bottom up even if it is the established national church. John Calvin, who first trained as a lawyer, established this form of representative organization in 1541, and John Knox took the idea to Scotland. Thus, Queen Elizabeth sends an observer to the General Assembly once a year, and while she is the Queen of the United Kingdom, she is only a member of the Church of Scotland just like any other member.

She is however Supreme Governor of the Church of England a protestant denomination.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of your argument.

The Anglican Church (or Episcopal Church) is governed from the top down to the individual parish, the Presbyterian Church (or Church of Scotland) is governed from the bottom up even if it is the established national church. John Calvin, who first trained as a lawyer, established this form of representative organization in 1541, and John Knox took the idea to Scotland. Thus, Queen Elizabeth sends an observer to the General Assembly once a year, and while she is the Queen of the United Kingdom, she is only a member of the Church of Scotland just like any other member.

She is however Supreme Governor of the Church of England a protestant denomination.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of your argument.

In fact I dont think I would be far wrong in suggesting Protestants in Scotland could start a campaign defending her from sectarian abuse saying.

Im Her majesty Queen Elizabeth, we are all Her majesty Queen Elizabeth.

What people tend to forget with programmes like these is they are not being addressed to you or i who know a lot more about the intricacies of both sides problems.

This is going out to all the liberals and lefties and completely ambivolent neutrals who will simply see that Rangers are Sectaritan Bigots and Celtic are Politically Minded.

Brookmyre also spoke in the tense "We" when describing the issues concerning Celtic.

Prof Tom Devine.....why is he always included in such programmes?

Do the viewers know his background and who he is related to?

Do they know the comments his Brother made about Faith Schools and how they should be abolished?

Did they see anyone challenge the Celtic fan that there is No anti Protestant feelings at Parkhead.

Did the reporter even mention Faith Schools

Did anyone from the Protestant Community be it in politics,media or the Orange Order comment last night?

Were they invited?

Why did Celtic refuse to take part?

Why were they not condemned for their actions?

Why was there no mention of Orange Bastards and Go home ya h*** to the Hearts fans

Why was O'Brien invited to speak shite about Parades and how he wants them all banned.

Where was the Moderator of the Church of Scotland? Or the Free Presbytarian Church?

A one sided and typically warped and slanted programme from BBC Scotland that gave the impression that Protestants and Rangers fans are the sole perpetrators of Bigotry and Sectarianism.

And all this utter fucking shite about the equipment not working on the Celtic fans...do me a favour and wisen the fuck up.

Plenty of video evidence exists of their bigotry and sectarianism as well as the fighting they indulged in at Tynecastle but it's the Hearts fans who are bigots not Celtic.

Predictable garbage from the BBC that was neither thought provoking or even accurate. It didn't make any attempt to look at the causes of this so called divide at grass roots level and never made any attempt to criticise Lennon's behaviour as a mitigating factor for rising tensions.

Actually, ignoring all the usual mud-slinging, what I found interesting was that the CCTV cameras DID seem to have sound as well? Certainly looked that way when they showed the fans coming up the stairs singing.

So how about it Rangers?

:sherlock:

The thing I got from this BBC documentary was.

1. The BBC are very selective in the songs they used from Celtic fans I was at that youth final and I heard derogatory songs containing Orange, H**, Queen and anti British Racism.

2. The IRA songs are about the time circa 1916 1920 o.k how does that explain P.I.R.A (the song you couldnt find at tyncastle amongst others. I find it hard you couldnt get you lens cap of for one of the 90 mins of that game because your were more than likely to catch an offensive song sung by Celtic I will provide a list.) The Roll of Honour PIRA members who hunger starved in the 80's did they all have use of a time machine.

1:44 – Ooh Ahh Up the RA

3:08 – Roll of Honour

6:03 – Off to join the IRA

10:04 – Ooh Ah Up the Ra

15:00 – Oh the wee h*** are shite

38:45 – Get the Brits out now

44:00 – Oh ah Up the RA

53:00 - P, P, PIRA

55:00 – Never Defeat the IRA

58:00 – Jim Jeffries is a sad orange bastard

59:00 - Oh the wee h*** are shite

64:00 - IRA All the way, **** the Queen and the UDA

66:00 – Off to join the IRA

72:00 – Michael Fagan Shagged the Queen

73:00 – Go home ya h***

87:00 - oh the wee h*** are shite

3. Celtic are an all encompassing multi racial non denominational organisation Who sing songs about Fenian terrorism as we have proved above and was proved in the BBC Doc.

But If you are a fan of any other football club you cant show your disgust at this by singing Fenian Bastards to said Fenians.

4. Nil by mouth instead of looking like an unbiased organisation that has been set up to eradicate sectarian bigotry looked like an organisation set up to avenge the death of a middle class Celtic fan who was killed at the hands of a criminal NED in the east end of Glasgow.

5. Even the BBC scotland isnt bigoted and one sided enough to give Phil MacGobbleshite a platform to air his mad conspiracy laden falsehoods.