Hamdi Salihi

8a9a18bc00.jpg

Seen the guy play twice, admittedly only via streams on the internet, but looks a great player!

A former strike-partner with Jelavic at Rapid Vienna he was part of the reason Vienna scored more goals than any other team in the league last season, as well as scoring 17 goals in 25 starts this season. He is 27-year old, quite pacey, strong, and quite obviously a natural born goalscorer, scoring 128 goals in 222 appearances over his whole career - thats an average of a goal every 2nd game for those who can do the math.

Oh... and here's a quote, taken before Rapid Vienna played Celtic, That I think you all will like.

'I am ready to battle Celtic. I cannot wait to show the Scottish fans my thirst for goals.'

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is he worth?

Well Rapid aren't in the financial position they were in last year, as they have no European football this season. I'd say we could maybe sneak him for somewhere between £2-3M.

would be a great signing I think. Unless Goodwillie is available for less than £2m I think we should turn to this guy.

First priority though is 3 CBs (if weir and bougherra go), a wide midfielder and preferably a CM? although I'd like Ness to get a shot

• 2 months later...

Since we've lost out on Goodwillie, it seems.. we should look to this guy.

Has a very impressive scoring record at Rapid over the last two seasons, 33 in 55 games, and partnered Jelavic in his first season at the club (Salihi's).

Would be interesting to see how he would get on with Jela in Scotland.

Thoughts?

sign him up :D

My immediate thought as soon as Goodwillie seemed to be heading further and further away from the Glasgow City Centre turn off (td)

Someone email Gordon Smith about him. May take him a few weeks to track down our bid maker and share the info, but I'm sure we can sort something out :21:

His stats are impressive in terms of number of goals

He could be and should be a serious target!

Only we seem to be very narrow minded in our targets just now :(

We could definitely do worse imo.

8a9a18bc00.jpg

Seen the guy play twice, admittedly only via streams on the internet, but looks a great player!

A former strike-partner with Jelavic at Rapid Vienna he was part of the reason Vienna scored more goals than any other team in the league last season, as well as scoring 17 goals in 25 starts this season. He is 27-year old, quite pacey, strong, and quite obviously a natural born goalscorer, scoring 128 goals in 222 appearances over his whole career - thats an average of a goal every 2nd game for those who can do the math.

Oh... and here's a quote, taken before Rapid Vienna played Celtic, That I think you all will like.

well dug out mate

reinstating an already good partnership

nice one .

Contract's up next summer too according to reports. Chievo of Serie A are lurking around him supposedly.

I'm excited about the prospect of us signing him, even though we aren't even interested :anguish::lol: