Copa America 2011

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great entertainment though. Glad that I got a tasty stream for this one.

Seen it so many times from Argentina - the best footballing side in the tournament with a lack of cutting edge. They were the best in the last Copa and the 2006 World Cup too.

Oh how they could use Batigol right now...

Imagine the feeling during that split second when you don't know if it went in or not :anguish:

Hit the bar twice :lol:

No moment in your life would your stomach be closer to your balls than that split second :lol:

That Man Utd v Chelski penalty shoot out must of been crazy to take part in.

No moment in your life would your stomach be closer to your balls than that split second :lol:

Zidane's cool reaction to his chipped penalty in the 2006 world cup final was the moment when I realised he was truly unlike other players. To take it like that in the first place in the world cup final and the last match of his career was one thing but the way he just puts his arm up in the air to declare in his absolute authority that it crossed the line while his team-mates are all looking to the referee, and then to casually jog off in celebration :lol:

Fucking mental.

Zidane's cool reaction to his chipped penalty in the 2006 world cup final was the moment when I realised he was truly unlike other players. To take it like that in the first place in the world cup final and the last match of his career was one thing but the way he just puts his arm up in the air to declare in his absolute authority that it crossed the line while his team-mates are all looking to the referee, and then to casually jog off in celebration :lol:

Fucking mental.

:lol:

So true, I had completely forgotten about Zidane's penalty ! He showed his class, his difference that night.

I wonder if he had been planning that during the whole build up to the game. Knowing Zidane he probably went with the thought line of 'Ill do what the fuck I want'.

Don't think Argentina's football was that great in this tournament, especially compared to previous world cups. Major letdown by them.

Would say they lack someone like Riquelme more than someone similar to GB.

In the first two games, Batista's tactics and system were just wrong. I loved Riquelme as a player but the team had more than enough possession against Uruguay. They just seem to want to walk the ball into the net.

Every striker was coming deep (the most guilty being Tevez who seemed to want to be Messi rather than get into the box).

They need a big powerful striker who can let fly from anywhere on the pitch and also head and poach and who, more importantly, is hungry for goals, goals, goals (not assists). GB was the ultimate.

Seen a few posts calling Suarez a cheat? What happened?

Dived to get Mascherano sent off. It was a nothing tackle yet he was in agony on the floor. <cr>

Every time a high ball came up to him he was backing into the defender then turning round and moaning at the ref asking for yellow cards.

He's a total cunt.