Copa America 2011

Without a doubt mate, was not directed towards you just my views on both players.

Excellent mate, on the same site or what? Could you pm me the link if not as I might not be on the forums but should be able check my mail on Friday.

P'm Send an yeah on the same site, will blog at least once a week, writting for another site also so just need to find the time (tu)

Also I like your views, seem to know what you're talking about.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linton just noticed you have the Cost Rica squad under Mexico.

Mexico involved in more controversy...

Disappointed because it means Mexico are even weaker and we don't get to see Jonathan Dos Santos.

Two rep for noticing 00000042.gif thanks mate

Very hard to choose between Argentina and Spain.

If you compare them with similar Spanish players it's very close.

Messi > Torres

Villa > Tevez

Pedro > Aguero

Llorente > Higuain

Milito > Negredo

Mata > Lavezzi

Some people would prefer Sergio Aguero to Pedro, others may prefer Higuain to Llorente.

spains options would most probably work better as a front three or in whatever formation was being used . they are all very unselfish , team players and theres no doubt they have an embarassment of riches . but looking at individual talent , imo the argies options up top are sensational .

If both finish in the top 2 of their group they can't meet until the final.

The only way they can meet before the final is if either finish third and advance to the next stage as one of the two best placed third teams.

Thanks mate

Did say both were up for debate, however no way are both 'much' better. That's nearly as bad as Messi's passing being on another level to Xavi.

Why is Pedro criminally underrated? Whenever a new signing is linked it's always his place that will be took.

Aguero may be better technical wise but I would rather have Pedro in my team as he ticks more boxes. Pedro delivers in the bigger games something Aguero does not do regularly.

Pedro has been one the best forward thinking players in Europe over the last couple of years, delivering on the biggest stages, Champions League final. Whilst Aguero was getting out-shined by Forlan.

As for Higuain and Llorente, I've never been a big fan of Hig albeit he scores regularly for Real. Many strikers would and Benzema has a decent enough scoring/assist rate. Benzema was hardly rated highly in Madrid and classed a flop numerous times.

In terms of sheer footballing ability, Sergio Aguero is indeed "much better" than Pedro. The exact same applies to Higuian and Llorente. It isn't even close. I'd rather have Pedro for Barcelona. For any other side and it'd be Aguero.

The quality of Messi's passing is on another level to Xavi's. Xavi is a brilliant passer but his main asset is his ability to retain possession. Xavi will complete 100 passes, 95 of those will be sideways or backwards. Messi's passes are usually through balls which take your breath away. Xavi is of course capable of brilliant through balls but not to the same extent. Doesn't mean he's suddenly a shit passer because Messi's better than him.

95 out of 100 will be backwards or sideways! :lol:

Xavi is much more than a player who plays the simple passes, that is what Busquets does for Barcelona.

Numerous times in one match Xavi will play a defence splitting pass to Pedro, Messi or especially Alves. Constant forward passes into the feet of Villa or Inesta.

These passes range from mostly chipped through balls over the defence or fantastic weighted passes into feet like the one against Real in the semi-finals of the CL for pedro.

To suggest most his passing is sideways or backwards is completely wrong.

I know what Xavi is capable of. I'm not underrating him, he's a fantastic midfielder, arguably the best although I put him 2nd to Iniesta personally.

Your last line is complete bollocks. The majority of Xavi's passes are indeed sideways or backwards. That isn't a criticism, it's a fact and it baffles me that you even deny it. I'm not having a pop at him, which you obviously seem to think I am seeing as your panties are in a twist.

Venezuela XI: Hernandez, Rosales, Perozo, Vezcarrondo, Cichero, Rincon, Lucena, Gonzalez, Arango, Miku, Rondon

Brazil XI: Julio Cesar, Dani Alvez, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Andre Santos, Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Ganso, Robinho, Pato, Neymar