The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

Can't really understand this bid. I don't believe we should be paying a transfer fee for a player unless he will be in the first team. Back up should be provided by Murray Park, Bosmans or loan deals. Is Wallace really going to play instead of Papac? Or is Papac going to play at CB?

Doesn't make sense to pay 1 m for this guy.

Personally i think we're lookin at him for left mid and left back cover. Obv i dont know though, just an opinion.

Id just like to add, i think offering £1M for lee wallace, especially given his contract situation, makes a bit of a mockery of our £1M for goodwillie. But then im pretty sure goodwillie will be rangers player. And im pretty sure dundee utd know this.

I'm used to watching the SPL, and Lee Wallace is a poor defender.

Realism is required, but if we can't do better than Lee Wallace, then there is something far wrong.

Says the supporter of the club with Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, McMillan and Davie Weir as defence choices.

:lol:

Says the supporter of the club with Whittaker, Broadfoot, Papac, McMillan and Davie Weir as defence choices.

:lol:

So let's go and spunk a million or so an an average at best SPL left back who we can sign on a bosman in 6 months time.

Some supporters are absolutely dying for a signing that they will accept any old shite - James Beattie last season is a prime example.

Can't remember Lee Wallace ever being talked about on here, never a stand out through out a season, a piss poor defender, and if we cannot find better, then there is something far wrong.

Maybe if we looked outwith the British Isles, we might actually get somewhere; Goodwillie, Danns, Cuellar, Conway, Wallace...

So let's go and spunk a million or so an an average at best SPL left back who we can sign on a bosman in 6 months time.

Some supporters are absolutely dying for a signing that they will accept any old shite - James Beattie last season is a prime example.

Can't remember Lee Wallace ever being talked about on here, never a stand out through out a season, a piss poor defender, and if we cannot find better, then there is something far wrong.

Maybe if we looked outwith the British Isles, we might actually get somewhere; Goodwillie, Danns, Cuellar, Conway, Wallace...

What he said

I would like to sign him but not for the money Hearts want. Average at best? In your opinion.

Some possibly are. And another dig at Wallace. Any old shite? In your opinion.

I dont know about on here, but for the last few years, his name has been mentioned with both old firm clubs, i thought our interest had cooled because Seltic showed an interest in him and we have shown we cannot compete with them with transfers.

Would be great if we had the balls, brains and ambition to scout better and further afield but its not something we do well, Nieto, Edu, Namouchi, Capucho, Niguez, Bagci, N'Diaye, Svensson, Letizi, Sebo, Ponroy, Stanger, Djeziri, Fanfan, J Rod, N'Guessen, Bernard, Maniero......and that is just in the last half decade or so! :( Just about sums up our scouting ability. Failure after failure from abroad. Obviously there is the odd exception but they cost us big bucks and we dont look like we want to or can spend big bucks. Could we really afford more Boumsongs, Prsos, Jelavics or Cuellars?

Of course if you scout properly good players dont have to cost millions, but we dont.

Up until now I can't remember of any bids made for Lee Wallace from us, the bheggars or any other bigger club for that matter. He's never stood out through out a season - a few good games here and there, very suspect defensively... Also, he has just returned after being out of action for a year and has just entered the final year of his contract.

We have pretty much the same managerial staff as we have had for the last number of years; McCoist, McDowall, Durrant... are all there, they know the conditions we have worked under - we should have tabs on players around Europe, the cheaper ones with a bit of ability, and I'd be dissappointed if we haven't. We know the clubs in the SPL don't sell on the cheap, so there should be other options.

But, it's a new beginning, and we must back the manager, he needs all the backing he can get, because we have entered the start of what's going to be a very tough start to the new era - if McCoist thinks Lee Wallace is good enough, then I'll certainly back it!

Up until now I can't remember of any bids made for Lee Wallace from us, the bheggars or any other bigger club for that matter. He's never stood out through out a season - a few good games here and there, very suspect defensively... Also, he has just returned after being out of action for a year and has just entered the final year of his contract.

We have pretty much the same managerial staff as we have had for the last number of years; McCoist, McDowall, Durrant... are all there, they know the conditions we have worked under - we should have tabs on players around Europe, the cheaper ones with a bit of ability, and I'd be dissappointed if we haven't. We know the clubs in the SPL don't sell on the cheap, so there should be other options.

But, it's a new beginning, and we must back the manager, he needs all the backing he can get, because we have entered the start of what's going to be a very tough start to the new era - if McCoist thinks Lee Wallace is good enough, then I'll certainly back it!

I didnt say a bid was made, i said name mentioned in connection with.

Then you will be disappointed, there is no chance we have tabs on Europes young up and coming stars, absolutely no chance.

Brilliant, the kind of support Ally needs and the kind i am sure he will get from us all.

(tu)

Doesn't have to be an up and coming star, could just be a player better and cheaper than someone similar in the SPL.

Of course we will have tabs on a few foreign players, Neil Murray especially!

Doesn't have to be an up and coming star, could just be a player better and cheaper than someone similar in the SPL.

Of course we will have tabs on a few foreign players, Neil Murray especially!

Time will tell i guess but i doubt it. Allys top 7/8 targets all spoke about by him and the owner and all spoke to by our club have been British based with the exception of one, im sure. We have not exactly been creative or looking far.

Danns, Conway, Wallace, Goodwillie, Cuellar, Vaughan, Bartley and Hemed.

The last 3 we have not lost out on yet are looking increasingly unlikely too so lets hope you are right about Neil.

haha hearts are trying to extend his contract, un real.

if ally had any sense, he'd look away from uk based players and go for cheap imports

Thats the spirit. We should get a young up and coming french coach aswell. Go for cheap players from france, sweden, austria, czech republic and the likes. Hopefully we wont upset our fanny of a captain.

Word up (tu)

could do a job for us, but given Papac is 1st choice, i have a sneaking that ally is eyeing him up to fill left mid...

Still, it worries me that all our focus seems to be in Britain...clearly the EPL is ridiculously over inflated and landing SPL based players from smaller clubs tends to be difficult as these clubs are now starting to dig their heels and expecting over inflated prices because as a flow on from the EPL/Championship

We need to look at successful models of clubs in smaller leagues such as dutch teams, Belgian and Portuguese - the top teams here look for younger "potential" and develop them and sell them off for massive profit...

Got to say that I wouldn't mind us signing him, but our supposed £1m bid is as far as I'd go. They supposedly rejected it. Time to move on.

A million quid for Wallace was an amazing offer for Hearts IMO. Let's see if they get a better one.

We need to look at successful models of clubs in smaller leagues such as dutch teams, Belgian and Portuguese - the top teams here look for younger "potential" and develop them and sell them off for massive profit...

That's what the Dutch and Germans are doing just now to name only two, but by far the most successful develop-then-sell league in Europe atm is the French Ligue 2. I don't know what they're putting in the French water, but it's having an effect.