The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

Far too many people are complaining already. Let them do the jobs they are paid to do. ok we don't agree with them on certain issues and I will be the first to say I was disappointed to loose out on players, but after everything we have been through ad a club over the past 3 years things could be a lot worse. let's give ally time to find his feet, and like some people have said I am sure ally has a better idea of who we can afford and can't.

My position exactly and to add to that I am sure Ally said in an interview that with the takeover some Clubs think we are now cash flush which may be the mode Dundee Hibs and Hertz are in.Lets give them a chance and if we have a reason to complain then that will be at the end of the window and not now.

Dusan Tadic (tu)

Left-winger at FC Groningen. He got 21 assists and 7 goals last season. That team have already shown with Granqvist and Matavz that they'd be willing to let their best players go and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

If you honestly think we could sign tadic for the same amount we are offering for Wallace you are mental , never mind less !!!

My position exactly and to add to that I am sure Ally said in an interview that with the takeover some Clubs think we are now cash flush which may be the mode Dundee Hibs and Hertz are in.Lets give them a chance and if we have a reason to complain then that will be at the end of the window and not now.

Deffinitly, we should just be patient. Although I am confused with why hire car company hertz are involved. :)

If you honestly think we could sign tadic for the same amount we are offering for Wallace you are mental , never mind less !!!

Granqvist joined Genoa for a fee of €2 million and he was one of FC Groningen's best players. I'm not saying we could get Tadic for £2m, but I bet £4m would be in the ball park. It'd be a Jelavic type signing I don't deny that but he's a very talented left-winger and that's what we've been crying out for. I'd rather one quality signing than three average signings.

Granqvist joined Genoa for a fee of €2 million and he was one of FC Groningen's best players. I'm not saying we could get Tadic for £2m, but I bet £4m would be in the ball park. It'd be a Jelavic type signing I don't deny that but he's a very talented left-winger and that's what we've been crying out for. I'd rather one quality signing than three average signings.

I agree mate. I was hoping to fill the squad with 2 or 3 bosmans and 1 or 2 loans and maybe use money to get in 1 or 2 quality signings that could make a difference.

I see you've mentioned Tadic a few times and I agree with you he'd be an ideal signing, the stats suggest so anyway. Only seen clips of him though.

I couldn't agree more . I thought after your reply to the previous post that you were suggesting we could get tadic for less than we were offering for Wallace , my apologies .

I do find it strange we would be going in someone like Wallace, which I would suggest Ally reckons is a player of international quality. Now I know we all don't agree with that, could it be Ally's thinking is he wants to play Papac in at center-back? Especially with some of Sasa's European performances in at center-half last term.

I could just about see the sense in bidding 800-900k for Wallace, but if Hearts aren't willing to accept that then we shouldn't take it any further at this point. Chances are he won't be signing a new contract, so we can go back in in January with a bid of around 300k or simply sign him on a pre-contract.

At the moment, the most important thing is that he knows that we are definitely interested in signing him, and if he wants to come, then that should be enough to stop him from at least signing a new deal

Why we're putting so much onus on signing a left back when we need a right back, a centre half, and a winger much more is anybody's guess

Left back - Papac.

Right back - Whittaker, Broadfoot.

How do we possibly need a right back more than a left back ?

Left back - Papac.

Right back - Whittaker, Broadfoot.

How do we possibly need a right back more than a left back ?

1. Whittaker will likely be off.

2. Broadfoot has injury problems.

Just an opinion.

I know everyone is saying he only has a year left on his contract but is that not meaningless as Hearts would still be entitled to compensation for training him.

From Hearts point of view they could turn down a million, keep him a season running down his contract and then still receive some kind of fee for him

1. Whittaker will likely be off.

2. Broadfoot has injury problems.

Just an opinion.

So that means we need a right back more than a left back ?

McCoist has already said he wont sell Whittaker.

Papac has no cover at all.

Have a feeling Kerkar will get a run out at LB tbh.

Maybe thats why he got re-signed.

That was before he rejected two of our offers.

why would you keep a player here if they don't want to sign a new deal?

sell them and get the money, so that there not leaving for nothing.

So your happy to go through a season with one left back??

we should have at least 2 players for every position.

I think that's what McCoist is trying to do.

Read my post again :lol:

Someone said we need a right back more than a left back and that was my reply.

We need a left back for cover and Wallace is obviously seen as cover/long term replacement.