Transfer Targets And Fees

gunner85

lads over the last few days we have seen our club linked with several players , cuellar , goodwillie , wallace and danns , in the real world we would be looking at around 6million for the 4 off them but what have we offered a grand total of just over 3 million , 1.5 for cuellar , 1.25 for goodwillie , and 300,000 for wallace, danns on a free , i fear that if we dont get our finger out shortly we will end up with 0 out of 4 which in my opinion we cant afford to do .

Look at it this way , no cuellar who then at cb? no goodwiilie , who then ? wallace is the same , danns is a good player but not a player we would have went for if he involved a transfer fee.

I said on here a few weeks ago that we at this stage of the summer need to start to get players on board , as we have an important start to the season e.g champions league and league fixtures, i would like the club to sign a player that would put a message across to the fans to show which way the club is going .

I also believe that we need more than six players , 4 for the starting line up at least and another 3-4 for squad purposes as we were short as hell at times , sometimes not even filling the bench which i still cannot believe yet.

whats the feelings on this ?

Not worried in the slightest . Is like to see cuellar back but only if the fee is right for us . I'm not overly fussed about any of the others we've been linked with or missed out on .

We have plenty time to get players in and I'm sure that we will get the right players and for the right prices . As I said in the cuellar thread , I'd expect the epl 25 man squads to have some sort of impact on our signing targets later in the window .

i dont think paying over the odds is the problem , cuellar is worth around 4 million villa want 3 , goodwillie is worth around 2million , wallace is worth around a million , i just dont understand why are we going in so low where we were never going to get them for what we bidded just stupid its not even negotiating just stupid

i dont think paying over the odds is the problem , cuellar is worth around 4 million villa want 3 , goodwillie is worth around 2million , wallace is worth around a million , i just dont understand why are we going in so low where we were never going to get them for what we bidded just stupid its not even negotiating just stupid

Why pay what they want when we obviously think we can get them for cheaper?

what does b7 mean???

anyway what im saying is anyone with half a brain would no fine that we would not get them for that price , chances are tho if we offered a fair amount the clubs would sooner accept our bids instead of fucking about the whole time

what does b7 mean???

anyway what im saying is anyone with half a brain would no fine that we would not get them for that price , chances are tho if we offered a fair amount the clubs would sooner accept our bids instead of fucking about the whole time

I may be wrong but I think B7 is to do with banning people.

In my opinion

Cuellar very good strong centre half 29 and in his last year...£2.25m is generous

Goodwillie 22 and Scotlands young player of the year i think £1.75m is a fair price.

Wallace 24? decent attacking full back in his last year £500k is very generous

The reason why we got into so much debt was because business people thought and acted like fans when it came to buying players.

We FEARED missing out on players so we bid high. We paid very high wages in the 90's & 00's.

I want the business people to be business people. They can be fans when we are playing but otherwise I want them doing everything they can do to make us successful and secure.

I'm glad we are being sensible. We have sent out a message to players and agents that we are no longer a soft touch. You'll get paid what you are worth. If they go elsewhere then good. There are gems out there waiting to be unearthed.

McCoist needs to stop talking about players. I've warned about this before but he needs to be a bit more discreet in relation to players we are trying to sign.

Could this not fit nicely into one of the half dozen other threads on the same subject? Its getting a bit repetitive.

I think u underestimate it with half a dozen....

as soon as someone makes a seperate goodwillie thread its - there is already a thread on this blah de blah

but for some reason....

What many people are not realising is the way transfers are dealt with now. Alot of it is to do with the players agent. Get a low offer in first, get the player/agent knowing your interested. Then let them contemplate things and start putting pressure on the club. We're doing it with Cuellar, Goodwillie etc and Bursaspor are doing it with Whittaker. Really the only leagues you see this not happening is the EPL and La Liga because they have the over inflated transfer/wage structure. We'll get our targets slowly but surely. Remember we have till end of August. Keep the faith lads.

even if we dont sign any players,our best starting 11, i would still fancy to win the league.

losing jelavic at the start of the season just evened things out a little and we even gave away our top goalscorer half way through the season.

then jig and ness went to hospital for the second part of the season as well. if we get a decent injury free run in the squad we will be fine. if we start signing anyone of real class we will have the league wrapped up by febuary and the league will become boring. :rolleyes:

paying over the odds to other spl clubs is doing my nut in.as much as i like goodwillie,templeton etc. its just hard negotiating with these fuck wit clubs as they hate us.

whatever happens in the market roll on 4 in a row.

even if we dont sign any players,our best starting 11, i would still fancy to win the league.

losing jelavic at the start of the season just evened things out a little and we even gave away our top goalscorer half way through the season.

then jig and ness went to hospital for the second part of the season as well. if we get a decent injury free run in the squad we will be fine. if we start signing anyone of real class we will have the league wrapped up by febuary and the league will become boring. :rolleyes:

paying over the odds to other spl clubs is doing my nut in.as much as i like goodwillie,templeton etc. its just hard negotiating with these fuck wit clubs as they hate us.

whatever happens in the market roll on 4 in a row.

Not sure I share you're optimism there mate. This squad performed horribly for large swathes of last season. Ally will not be immediately as good at grinding out results as Smith was, so he will require more quality than Smith had to work with to ensure the same results in my humble opinion.

We are the only SPL team to not have signed a new player yet. I am not worried, but it won't be more than a fortnight before I am.