Budget?

G.E.C.

Before the takeover got completed we kept hearing that Whyte would pledge £5m a season for transfers.

Once it got completed we were then hearing that Ally could spend £10m. Then recently it could be £12m.

Now we are making move for players but it looks like we won't spend £2m on Goodwillie.

If the budget is indeed more than £10m then I'm baffled that we're not spending a £2m fee.

Maybe it is £5m afterall.

If he said 12 mil I would just trust that that is the actual budget plus we get about 1.5mil extra from Adam sell on.

I'm just hoping they're holding it back to see if there are better targets.

Although I would love to see the two join.

The £12m figure came from the Record (I think) adding up the £5m on transfers plus money for stadium improvements, etc. Whyte has always said there is £5m per year, if that needs front-loaded he can do it. Any other figures are speculation from the papers.

For what it's worth, I don't think we should pay more than we think a player is worth just because we're not in debt to the bank anymore. That's how you get back in debt.

£5m a year would be ok if we didn't have to rebuild pretty much a whole squad.

I say spend £15m this summer if needs be and then have £5m next year and £5m again then next and top that up with CL earnings, assuming we qualify for the enxt few years.

If we spend the right amount just now and continue to develope Wylde, Ness, Cole, Hutton and Fleck then we may not need to buy many players in the next few years.

He never ever said we would have 10-12 mill to spend on TRANSFERS.

This amount was quoted as going into the club straight away - with 5 mill of that earmarked for transfers - the rest wages stadium etc.

The only thing that was thrown around was that there was poss more available if ally needed it (but I never saw a quote for this)

The only thing gauranteed is 5 mill.

This should not be a surprize as it was in the takeover contract.

People read something half assed and think its something else then bam about we have 12 mill to spend when it isnt and never was true.

Jelavic Goodwillie

Wylde Danns Davis Naismith

Papac Cuellar Bougherra Whittaker

McGregor

Subs: Alexander, Bartley, Broadfoot, Ness, Lafferty,

Others: Edu, McCulloch, Healy, Hutton, Beattie, Cole, Fleck,

rumours that bougherra is staying, so bringing in cuellar (£3m) goodwillie (£2m) Bartley/Wilson (Loan) Danns (Free) and that's £5m with a great squad.

Such a fair price that no other team is willing to pay yet either.

because they tried the same as us and tried a smaller offer that will be rejected, then they will probably come back in with the £2m with Cardiff quoted to be willing to pay the £2m

No other English club are willing to pay 2million for goodwillie at the moment anyway.

So it's not just us.

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is ready to follow up his signing of 26-year-old Dundee United winger Craig Conway by making a £2million move for striker David Goodwillie.

:rolleyes:

We've got some money so we should just pay whatever we're asked to rather than what we think players are worth?

That's what got us into this mess in the first place, of course it's frustrating not to see any signings yet but the last thing we need is to be wasteful

if it is £12m then I dont see why were not paying £2m for goodwillie, fuck "whyte and ally don't think he's worth it" it's a fair price now pay it! £3m for Cueller is a good price too

A defender who is approaching his 30's in his last year of his contract is worth 3million? doh

A defender who is approaching his 30's in his last year of his contract is worth 3million? doh

a defender who has been one of best in ages who we sold for £8m after one year at the club and who was a major part of our euro run in 2008 is worth £3m yes.

a defender who has been one of best in ages who we sold for £8m after one year at the club and who was a major part of our euro run in 2008 is worth £3m yes.

We sold him in his prime at a great age with a long contract. His form age and contract length at this point in time is not worth £3M

if rangers dont feel that goodwillie, cuellar or anyone else is worth what their current clubs are wanting then good for them

its about time we didnt make a complete cunt of it in the transfer market, the last time we did forced us into 3 years of financial shite

personally i wouldnt pay more than say 1.5-1.7 for goodwillie, especially with a potential court case hanging over his head

and cuellar isnt worth 3million ffs, bougherra is fitter, wont miss pre-season, has the same length of time on his contract and has played a helluva lot more than cuellar in the previous 3 years

so can we expect more than 3 million for bougherra?????????

not a fucking chance, if boughie is worth 2million then cuellar is worth the same and no more