Fare's Double Standards Outed At Last?

Senna

I have posed this as a question and not a statement for one simple reason which I'll get to in a minute.

Quick reminder, for those of you fortunate enough to have forgotten - FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe) were the 'pressure group'; and I use that term loosely; responsible for our latest punishments and sanctions from UEFA over our fans conduct in both legs of last season's Europa League tie against PSV Eindhoven.

We were fined £35,000 and a ban on our fans attending one away match in Europe with a further one match sanction and £35,000 fine suspended for another three years.

The incidents were supposedly our 'sectarian' chanting, reported to UEFA from the 'pressure group' FARE, despite getting favourable reports from UEFA's own match delegates at the time. The actions of this so-called 'pressure group' were commented on at the time by Martin Bain, who stated that, 'We are of the opinion that FARE has been influenced by people who make it their business to damage our club in any way they can.'

A strong comment considering the man does not get off his sunbed for nothing. Our new owner Craig Whyte is also more than aware now of these people at FARE, whose spouses, allegiances and suspected agendas are well known to most people on here.

So when we were supposedly being 'sectarian', FARE ran to UEFA and grassed us in (for what, we've yet to find out and even the politicians, police and whoever can't tell us what that is) and we suffered the consequences.

As a tiny number of you may remember, myself and a few others from RM wrote to FARE complaining about actual, definite, 100% sectarian and illegal chanting from the hordes at a match of theirs against Kilmarnock in April this year.

A token reply was received from FARE a few days after the event and nothing since. Quelle surprise, I can hear you say.

Until today. (Quick reminder, when we had been 'sectarian'; FARE ran to UEFA and dobbed us in ASAP, despite UEFA's own delegates reporting).

I have received in the last hour or so a reply from FARE and Celtic FC about the complaint, the behaviour and subsequent action taken.

2m62yhe.jpg

That's the reply from Celtic FC on it. Basically, the gist of it is, 'we've been told about it, we'll look like we're tackling it but piss off', essentially. File under the lighter thrower/Ricksen, Monkey-man/Diouf and others.

What's more startling is that this could be construed as proof of FARE's agenda/allegiances/whatever - that when they receive a complaint about the mhopes, all they do is let the mhopes know about it and that's it. Back to your 'sectarianism', Billy, seemingly what they're saying.

Now, this doesn't really prove that FARE are out to get us and save the mhopes, but there's absolutely no evidence that anything is being done about the mhopes illegal singing, or that the SPL/SFA were even contacted about this.

Had it been us, well, would we have been contacted gently after a couple of months to be made aware of the issue? I doubt it would have been a two-month turnaround for one.

[i wrote this as an article so if admin could be so kind as to do what they do and make it happen, that would be nice]

Forget the Scum they're Scum and always will be Scum, I'd like to know who our actual accuser is/was and the actual proof FARE provided.

Surely RFC didn't just take it on the chin just because FARE said so.

Well done to the OP for keeping up the pressure though (tu)

If RangersMedia had a resident lawyer then perhaps they could give some guidance on the following:

It is my understanding that FARE are deemed a "public authority" under the Human Rights Act 1998, section 6(3)(b)

If the above understanding is correct, then anyone who attended both games would be, in my opinion, entitled to receive a full copy of FARE's report, including details of the independent investigator, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as it could be claimed that the content of the said report could impinge on their Human Rights if there were any sweeping generalisations contained in the report.

Are there any lawyers about ?

Would anyone take it on ? (An email to FARE wont work by the way :angry: )

no offence Jimmy but we know they are a crooked bunch of cunts

we all know there has been a concentrated effort to tarnish our club, but in reality what has it accomplished

We dont have fans at the next away game in europe, which will likely/hopefully be some backwater country that wont make a difference anyway, and we got fined 35k,

for all the hype and shit flung at the club, thats the best they have punished us, hell even the SPL washed their hands of anything :lol:

no offence Jimmy but we know they are a crooked bunch of cunts

we all know there has been a concentrated effort to tarnish our club, but in reality what has it accomplished

We dont have fans at the next away game in europe, which will likely/hopefully be some backwater country that wont make a difference anyway, and we got fined 35k,

for all the hype and shit flung at the club, thats the best they have punished us, hell even the SPL washed their hands of anything :lol:

Aye, but only if we can prove it then there is the chance that UEFA might tell them to fuck off and leave us alone.

Was the complaint about celtic based around a domestic or European match?

If the former, then fare dont have the same influence that they do when it's Europe.

It does highlight an issue but not sure if it highlights a bias

Its going to take a lot more than a letter to FARE to bring about equity in this thing.They have just followed standard practice and forwarded the complaint to sellik who dismiss it on the basis that their reputation is better than some unsubstantiated claims.This is a societal problem in Scotland that Irish Catholics (represented by sellik) are a minority discriminated against by the majority.Until that untruth is eradicated from Scottish society they and their support will continue to get away with offensive singing and chanting on the pretense that they are political or folk songs.I havent got an answer for it other than we need to change society's perceptions of who and what these people are by making the Scottish public aware of the facts and equal role that Irish Catholics and Catholics in general play in Scotland.Only when we deprive them of their minority role will we be able to halt the victim role they play and the public sympathy they get.

If the former, then fare dont have the same influence that they do when it's Europe.

SPL game unfortunately. Influence or no, there's been no sign that they've even done anything/said anything to the SPL/SFA about it, and it's taken them over two months to process one complaint.

If I was to wait for them to fuck up in a proper European match (ie not qualifiers) I'd have been waiting a while.

What is the basis for this, ie what is to stop them from presenting evidence before the relevant SPL authorities in the same manner as they have done with us? If anything I would have thought it easier for them on the domestic front, given the current political climate.

Its going to take a lot more than a letter to FARE to bring about equity in this thing.They have just followed standard practice and forwarded the complaint to sellik who dismiss it on the basis that their reputation is better than some unsubstantiated claims.

This is a societal problem in Scotland that Irish Catholics (represented by sellik) are a minority discriminated against by the majority.Until that untruth is eradicated from Scottish society they and their support will continue to get away with offensive singing and chanting on the pretense that they are political or folk songs.

I havent got an answer for it other than we need to change society's perceptions of who and what these people are by making the Scottish public aware of the facts and equal role that Irish Catholics and Catholics in general play in Scotland.Only when we deprive them of their minority role will we be able to halt the victim role they play and the public sympathy they get.

1) - Why didn't they do that with either of our complaints then instead of going to UEFA?

2) - Their minority status or whatever is absolutely unconnected to the status of their songs, almost none of which are political.

3) - I really don't know of any other geroup within society across the globe that both despises but simultaneously wallows in its' so called 'victimised minority' status. They don't want rid of that status as it suits their agenda, until they become the majority.

1) - Why didn't they do that with either of our complaints then instead of going to UEFA?

2) - Their minority status or whatever is absolutely unconnected to the status of their songs, almost none of which are political.

3) -I really don't know of any other geroup within society across the globe that both despises but simultaneously wallows in its' so called 'victimised minority' status.I They don't want rid of that status as it suits their agenda, until they become the majority.

Jimmy.First of all I dont disagree with what you are saying.I have tried to look at reasons from my own perspective and I am not saying I have the solution.At the risk of being called a racist let me point you in the direction of Blacks/Africans who fit the highlighted sentence.Can you mention any other Race on the Planet that have Laws called Affirmative Action or Positive Discrimination that are specifically designed to allow them advantageous access to the workplace even when they are less qualified? This type of legislation is enshrined in most Western Societies but you will still hear about slavery,apartheid and all the other things they can dream up before finally when they have lost the argument they play the Race Card.Speak to Canadians about 1st Generation People,Australians about Aborigines and so on and ask them about their contribution to Society and how they are treated and viewed within that Society.I have tried to draw a parallel with the perception of Irish Catholics/Catholics within Scotland in that they play a very similar role in our Society.Therefore we have to change the perceptions of Society before we will see any justice in this matter.

I have posed this as a question and not a statement for one simple reason which I'll get to in a minute.

Quick reminder, for those of you fortunate enough to have forgotten - FARE (Football Against Racism in Europe) were the 'pressure group'; and I use that term loosely; responsible for our latest punishments and sanctions from UEFA over our fans conduct in both legs of last season's Europa League tie against PSV Eindhoven.

We were fined £35,000 and a ban on our fans attending one away match in Europe with a further one match sanction and £35,000 fine suspended for another three years.

The incidents were supposedly our 'sectarian' chanting, reported to UEFA from the 'pressure group' FARE, despite getting favourable reports from UEFA's own match delegates at the time. The actions of this so-called 'pressure group' were commented on at the time by Martin Bain, who stated that, 'We are of the opinion that FARE has been influenced by people who make it their business to damage our club in any way they can.'

A strong comment considering the man does not get off his sunbed for nothing. Our new owner Craig Whyte is also more than aware now of these people at FARE, whose spouses, allegiances and suspected agendas are well known to most people on here.

So when we were supposedly being 'sectarian', FARE ran to UEFA and grassed us in (for what, we've yet to find out and even the politicians, police and whoever can't tell us what that is) and we suffered the consequences.

As a tiny number of you may remember, myself and a few others from RM wrote to FARE complaining about actual, definite, 100% sectarian and illegal chanting from the hordes at a match of theirs against Kilmarnock in April this year.

A token reply was received from FARE a few days after the event and nothing since. Quelle surprise, I can hear you say.

Until today. (Quick reminder, when we had been 'sectarian'; FARE ran to UEFA and dobbed us in ASAP, despite UEFA's own delegates reporting).

I have received in the last hour or so a reply from FARE and Celtic FC about the complaint, the behaviour and subsequent action taken.

2m62yhe.jpg

That's the reply from Celtic FC on it. Basically, the gist of it is, 'we've been told about it, we'll look like we're tackling it but piss off', essentially. File under the lighter thrower/Ricksen, Monkey-man/Diouf and others.

What's more startling is that this could be construed as proof of FARE's agenda/allegiances/whatever - that when they receive a complaint about the mhopes, all they do is let the mhopes know about it and that's it. Back to your 'sectarianism', Billy, seemingly what they're saying.

Now, this doesn't really prove that FARE are out to get us and save the mhopes, but there's absolutely no evidence that anything is being done about the mhopes illegal singing, or that the SPL/SFA were even contacted about this.

Had it been us, well, would we have been contacted gently after a couple of months to be made aware of the issue? I doubt it would have been a two-month turnaround for one.

[i wrote this as an article so if admin could be so kind as to do what they do and make it happen, that would be nice]

How on earth do Celtic get away with the lie that they were open to all since their beginnings? They didn't start considering non-Catholics till they were a PLC years after they were formed.

How on earth do Celtic get away with the lie that they were open to all since their beginnings? They didn't start considering non-Catholics till they were a PLC years after they were formed.

Repeat a lie often enough...

It's almost as forgotten as the whole 'to keep the catholics out of protestant soup kitchens' ideology of theirs as well.

Sweep, sweep, nothing to see here.

FARE....or in other words...fuck all rangers (in) europe......WE NEED TO CHALLENGE THESE BASTARDS AT EVERY TURN because i dont believe they have finished with us yet,and the yellow bastards in uefa seem to dance to their victim complex every time some CUNT makes a complaint about us singing a song which is reflective of the PROUD community from where we come,both here in ULSTER and with you our neighbours and good friends in Scotland,LETS STAND TOGETHER AND WIN THE WAR AGAINST fhare....WATP

Some would say Maxi that there is no War but IMO i too dont for one minute think they are finnished with Rangers Football Club and their Fans, its not over and all those who think it is will be in for a big shock when these animals come after them again. It will happen and they will add anything to their list of banned songs sung by big bad sectarian protestant right wing nuckle draggers of the Scottish persuasion.Thats me by the way.It would appear i am in that category.