Mcgregor And Whittaker Sign New Deals With The Rangers

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The time to look at our squad is the 1st of September, if nothing has changed then fair enough.

Also reserving judgement untill pre-season kicks off EH? Really? Judge Our team from the 23rd of july on onwards,

To judge them before that will be foolish (tu)

There's about 5 or 6 SPL games before September 1st (I think), not to mention CL qualifiers. We need to get new players integrated into the squad before a meaningful ball is kicked. Like I say though, I'm not a doomsdayer and it's not time to panic. Whyte and Ally can still make the right moves and set us up nicely for a 4IAR campaign. Even if we have 2 players for pre-season in troublesome positions (like CB and out wide) that would be a big boost.

Here is my only gripe so far though - we've missed the boat on some talented bosmans. Ok, Ally knows best and there might not have been any that fit the bill. I can believe that. But from statements to the press I'm sure Ally had intended to make some savings on bosmans and he and Whyte might well have dragged their heels a little there.

Whyte has impressed me in his efforts to retain players. Whittaker might be for the off but it's not for a lack of effort on the contract side of things. He's also impressed me in doing up the stadium and dealing with the media regarding unfair treatment. But one question mark remains - can he tie down good players for the right sums? And where we disagree is how long he gets to prove he can. If in the next 10 days he signs a couple of players with a few more in talks, I'll hail him as the real deal and financial savior of this great club. I'm not worried, just expectant :uk:

So happy with this news! Hopefully this will intice Davis to sign this new contract aswell! Pretty sure he will be around the 20k mark. Brilliant to see McGregor on that money and good to see we can offer players shit loads of money again! Now lets get Cuellar and Goodwillie in and a couple of decent Bosmans/Loans. :uk:

take this for what its worth

STEVEN WHITTAKER is set to hand Rangers boss Ally McCoist a massive boost by signing a bumper five-year deal that will make him one of the club's highest earners.

The Scotland right-back will commit his long-term future to Ibrox after spending the summer being chased by Kenny Miller's Turkish team Bursaspor, who had four bids rejected by Rangers.

The Ibrox outfit were ready to allow the 27-year-old to run down the final year of his contract but in a last-ditch bid to extend his deal new owner Craig Whyte sanctioned the five-year contract that will give Whittaker financial security for life.

McCoist believes Whittaker who can play in either full-back position and excelled at centre-half for a spell last term, is one of the most valuable members of his squad and will be delighted with the deal.

Sasa Papac has signed a new contract and captain David Weir is expected to agree a new one-year deal this week, while playmaker Steven Davis' agents will hold talks with the club in a bid to add to the 12 months he has remaining.

McCoist also wants keeper Allan McGregor tied up beyond his current deal, which has two years to run, and believes retaining the core of the squad that won three titles back to back is vital.

Attempts to sign new faces have been unsuccessful but McCoist insists he will add players to the squad.

This has been in the news for weeks? and most weekends we've been told that he was just waiting to sign.. so no real scoops from anyone...

good to see official confirmation

Tbh mate thats bullshit. Cwood said its a 6 year deal. FFS that is the longest deal i have ever seen handed out. If he said it was a 4 year deal then i could see your point but to suggest a 6 year deal when not one news outlet had that i would say that is a "scoop"

Who says it's £20k a week, only what has been rumoured .. noone has actually confirmed this.

A lie told often enough can become the truth, the same applies with rumour I suppose.