It's All Been A Smokescreen

delamonty

First...

I am glad to see many posters refer to Mr. Whyte as.. Mr. Whyte. Our 'custodian', like The Rangers Captain has respect.

The point of my post is: We are tying up our 'core'. Guys that know what it means to be a "Ranger", but are supremely talented as well. The tide has turned, again.

So.... all the stuff in the press is BS. Did they predict Ortiz? Nope. Anyway.... We have no dough, administration etc. BUT.... We have signed....

1. McGregor. Top 5 in Britain? Easy.
  2. Whitts: OK.. the agent played hardball. That's his job. Trust me. Replacing him would cost?
  3. Davis: A gimme He'll sign

We will get there Bears. And please remind me who 'they' have signed.?

Can't wait until the 1st match!

Roll on #55

-------------------------------------------------------------------

watp :clap:

Ally must have believed replacing Whitty would be an unnecassary distraction.

Time and energy better spent on areas in need of immediate work.

To me this is all a bigger "Fuck you" than banning the chunts from Ibrox.

I for one, am glad that we have taken "revenge" with dignity.

Think whyte is and will always keep the mhedia at arms length

Rumour is that he is basically ignoring the BBC just now

I don't think we've missed anything great thus far bargains will crop up toward the middle of august but I think we will do a bit of business in the next week or so

And great to see long term deals for our stars no more kenny millers and boyds

Cmon davo get it signed WATP

First...

I am glad to see many posters refer to Mr. Whyte as.. Mr. Whyte. Our 'custodian', like The Rangers Captain has respect.

The point of my post is: We are tying up our 'core'. Guys that know what it means to be a "Ranger", but are supremely talented as well. The tide has turned, again.

So.... all the stuff in the press is BS. Did they predict Ortiz? Nope. Anyway.... We have no dough, administration etc. BUT.... We have signed....

1. McGregor. Top 5 in Britain? Easy.
  2. Whitts: OK.. the agent played hardball. That's his job. Trust me. Replacing him would cost?
  3. Davis: A gimme He'll sign

We will get there Bears. And please remind me who 'they' have signed.?

Can't wait until the 1st match!

Roll on #55

-------------------------------------------------------------------

watp :clap:

Kelvin Wilson and a young Welsh international right back who was courted by several Premier League clubs. In talks with Bellamy and Huseklepps clubs too allegedly.

Re-signing our players should not have dragged on so late(to the last year(s)), but it was most likely always going to happen(signing and dragging on), there was no surprise there.

No plsayers in yet, just talks........our pre season plans are just starting to fall into place, we are in place to shout from the rafters about doing thsi and that. Plenty work still needing done.

My brother in law works for James Kean from East Kilbride and his Brother Paul went to school with Ally McCoist and they are best pals to this day.About a month ago Paul told my brother in law we would be signing a Spanish player but it wasn't Cuellar or Novo and thats all he could say.So if Rangers were talking to Juanma a month ago how many more potential other deals could be on the go without the press having a clue.

Kelvin Wilson and a young Welsh international right back who was courted by several Premier League clubs. In talks with Bellamy and Huseklepps clubs too allegedly.

Re-signing our players should not have dragged on so late(to the last year(s)), but it was most likely always going to happen(signing and dragging on), there was no surprise there.

No plsayers in yet, just talks........our pre season plans are just starting to fall into place, we are in place to shout from the rafters about doing thsi and that. Plenty work still needing done.

He wasn't, he was a Cardiff sub.

Allegedly is a key word as well, they have done f*ck all to be concerned about thus far.

My brother in law works for James Kean from East Kilbride and his Brother Paul went to school with Ally McCoist and they are best pals to this day.About a month ago Paul told my brother in law we would be signing a Spanish player but it wasn't Cuellar or Novo and thats all he could say.So if Rangers were talking to Juanma a month ago how many more potential other deals could be on the go without the press having a clue.

Did you post this a month ago?

j1mgg i didn't post it back then as i gave it a couple of days and heard nothing and thought Paul was winding him up as he is a big Celtic fan and he is a wind-up merchant but sometimes he is right,i know you don't beleive me but i'm not bothered about that.

We also tried to get him 2 years ago, so they have known about him foe years now.

There will always be the odd signing that will creep in under the radar but generally speaking keeping such deals private isn't easy when most agents want the publicity for more cash for them and their client.

I think the reason the deals were dragged out had everything to do with bain leaving, a new board coming in, players having time off and new staff members finding their feet at the club. Yes work needs to be done, but it would be unfair to criticise the club for dragging its heels. It gwarn just recovered from a three year attack by the bank, rehabilitation is key...and we are well on way to that.

I don't see how the contracts going into the last year is Craig Whytes fault he has only been in the job for 2 months so far he has done everything he said he would tying up our current squad on new deals. Trying to make some signings, upgrading Ibrox, paying off our bank debt.

Now I know that because there isn't any players in yet people will stress but he has fufiled every promise he has made so far so give him a chance to show he is the real deal rather than doubting or hating him because he hasn't spent millions.

I feel for the time he has been here quite a lot has been done and will continue to be done as he beds in and doesn't have to deal with the boardroom ( martin bain etc).

We are in a great position to move forward now let's move forward together.

Young Welsh International Full Back?

So if we signed a young Scottish International Full Back - Lee Wallace for instance you'd have slated him for not broadening his horizons and signing some daft cunt you signed on FM fae fucking Malta.

Canny win.

Kelvin Wilson - never played higher than the championship

Adam Matthews - only 47 games as a pro

Yermama - again only 55 games as a pro

One of Septics failings last year was a lack of experiance - looks like they have sorted that out then eh???

Would I be excited by any of those 3 - not at all.

If they get Bellamy im not worried the boy has got 2 dodgy knees and will prob be on a zimmer frame soon.

We are hopefully away to sign a guy that has been rubbing shoulders with Iniesta and Ronaldo lately and also an Australian International with over 20 caps.

....and there will be more!

In Ally we trust.

The Keans are Roman Catholics and went to St.Brides high school in East Kilbride,McCoist went to Hunter high which is a non-denominational,so Paul wasnt at school with him,yes they are are very friendly i'll give you that and they played in the same East Kilbride select team.

The Keans are Roman Catholics and went to St.Brides high school in East Kilbride,McCoist went to Hunter high which is a non-denominational,so Paul wasnt at school with him,yes they are are very friendly i'll give you that and they played in the same East Kilbride select team.

And cwood scores again! :D

A smokescreen for what? <cr>

It was never a secret that we wanted to extend the contracts of McGregor, Whittaker or Davis.

Shhhh. We're realing them in ready to bite. Don't tell anyone.

I think the reason the deals were dragged out had everything to do with bain leaving, a new board coming in, players having time off and new staff members finding their feet at the club. Yes work needs to be done, but it would be unfair to criticise the club for dragging its heels. It gwarn just recovered from a three year attack by the bank, rehabilitation is key...and we are well on way to that.

Criticism at this early stage wuold be foolish and highly unfair to Ally, his backroom team and Mr Whyte.

Honeymoon Period Loyal. :)

Young Welsh International Full Back?

So if we signed a young Scottish International Full Back - Lee Wallace for instance you'd have slated him for not broadening his horizons and signing some daft cunt you signed on FM fae fucking Malta.

Canny win.

Lee Wallace who i have wanted Rangers to sign for quite some time now. :rolleyes:

Rangers always win!