The Smell Of Shite From Mr Whyte

jadums

If you want to cheerlead for McCoist and Whyte, fine, but why bring the scum into the equation? We need to bring in quality replacements for our own benefit.

I'm hardly cheerleading, I just don't see the cause for ridiculous posts like the original one in this thread.

And following on from last season, I thought that some of the relief from our first signings in two years or so was the ability to go into work and tell the office tarrier that we'd signed someone. This seems to have carried on, going by some of the desperation for a raft of signings again this year.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hardly cheerleading, I just don't see the cause for ridiculous posts like the original one in this thread.

And following on from last season, I thought that some of the relief from our first signings in two years or so was the ability to go into work and tell the office tarrier that we'd signed someone. This seems to have carried on, going by some of the desperation for a raft of signings again this year.

I agree that the original post was ott, but it seems that more and more anybody who complains about us not bringing in the quality required is dismissed as a panic-merchant only interested in gloating to his 'timmy mates'. We won the SPL by one point and we weren't up against any great challengers.

I agree that the original post was ott, but it seems that more and more anybody who complains about us not bringing in the quality required is dismissed as a panic-merchant only interested in gloating to his 'timmy mates'. We won the SPL by one point and we weren't up against any great challengers.

I think the want for better quality and/or greater numbers is a given, I just don't think it's that easy.

Neil Murray did supply McCoist with a list of five realistic players for every single position though, pretty sure either McCoist or Murray confirmed that as Whyte took over, so I agree that I'd have expected a wee bit more activity just now.

There's lots of work being done behind the scenes with staff, existing contracts, the stadium and surrounding area, so perhaps that's a reason behind the apparent delay.

I think the want for better quality and/or greater numbers is a given, I just don't think it's that easy.

Neil Murray did supply McCoist with a list of five realistic players for every single position though, pretty sure either McCoist or Murray confirmed that as Whyte took over, so I agree that I'd have expected a wee bit more activity just now.

There's lots of work being done behind the scenes with staff, existing contracts, the stadium and surrounding area, so perhaps that's a reason behind the apparent delay.

That list was confirmed as were a rake of scouting trips. McCoist also recently praised the work of Brown and Murray so the breakdowns are occurring further up the chain.

If you want to cheerlead for McCoist and Whyte, fine, but why bring the scum into the equation? We need to bring in quality replacements for our own benefit.

He is not cheerleading for McCoist, he is simply supporting his club, something wrong with that? Something wrong with pointing out that many supporters are driven by stupid newspaper back pages into a panic and jealousy mentality?

We made shit loads of money from champions league last season plus he said there would be funds available. Im expecting atleast 5 players in spending around 12 million

Maybe if you forward the names of the players that you have in mind, that want to come to the SPL to Ally he might get on to it.

Maybe if you forward the names of the players that you have in mind, that want to come to the SPL to Ally he might get on to it.

That's the type of information that he should have been gathering since he got the gig in January, not come July time.

That's the type of information that he should have been gathering since he got the gig in January, not come July time.

In January he did not know what money he would have to offer anyone. Let alone 12 mil for 5 players.

Nobody is denying we need players and will need to spend to get them. To give Ally some credibility I think he would have had a wish list before January but until you have money in your wallet there's not much point in going to the shops.

In January he did not know what money he would have to offer anyone. Let alone 12 mil for 5 players.

Nobody is denying we need players and will need to spend to get them. To give Ally some credibility I think he would have had a wish list before January but until you have money in your wallet there's not much point in going to the shops.

£12m for five players? At this rate we will be bringing in Tevez by the end of August.

He had two lists according to the man himself. One for after a takeover, one for no takeover. Maybe he should try the latter now.

I like whyte so far, seems like a very intelligent guy who will not bend over backwards to appease some impatient fans.

Seems to be a great communicator with his staff, he is determined - look how long the takeover took, he showed his determination there.

Bear in mind, this guy is no idiot, he is probably being financially prudent in his first year as this is the first time he's ever owned a club.

Whyte is exaclty what we needed, someone who doesn't take any nonsense, someone who knows what he wants and how to get it.

I don't think whyte like murray would try and release stories to try and make us feel better when things are going wrong, i get the feeling he is honest and will not bull shit us.

I like him, exactly what we needed!

I like whyte so far, seems like a very intelligent guy who will not bend over backwards to appease some impatient fans.

Seems to be a great communicator with his staff, he is determined - look how long the takeover took, he showed his determination there.

Bear in mind, this guy is no idiot, he is probably being financially prudent in his first year as this is the first time he's ever owned a club.

Whyte is exaclty what we needed, someone who doesn't take any nonsense, someone who knows what he wants and how to get it.

I don't think whyte like murray would try and release stories to try and make us feel better when things are going wrong, i get the feeling he is honest and will not bull shit us.

Too much common sense in that post.

It would appear in the cold light of day, that the outcome of the HMRC affair, is the catalyst for any meaningful spending on new players, the longer it takes to resolve, the longer we will be in an unsure and uncertain position.

It would appear in the cold light of day, that the outcome of the HMRC affair, is the catalyst for any meaningful spending on new players, the longer it takes to resolve, the longer we will be in an unsure and uncertain position.

So we've got 5 years of this tae look forward tae?

Great.

I doubt it is having the kind of effect you think it is.

That's not to say there might not be a bit more in the kitty if this is resolved in our favour.

I firmly believe the budget will have been drawn up based on current income to profit as well as perhaps some additional monies provided by Whyte.

And regardless of the Tax issue this will be the budget year after year which is within our means and not going to lead us in to more debt.

I doubt it is having the kind of effect you think it is.

That's not to say there might not be a bit more in the kitty if this is resolved in our favour.

I firmly believe the budget will have been drawn up based on current income to profit as well as perhaps some additional monies provided by Whyte.

And regardless of the Tax issue this will be the budget year after year which is within our means and not going to lead us in to more debt.

I am reliably informed that to admit to any outstanding issue if noted in the accounts with regard to tax matters, would result in funds being set aside or earmarked for the purposes of that issue. We do not know what is going on, we do not know if anything is being admitted to, despite claims that the club's QC has allegedly offered settlement, which hmrc have refused, allegedly.

We need clarity on many issues regarding the financial future of the club, if we knew what we were facing, we the fans may be willing and able to help, if we are kept in the dark, we do not know how and if we can help.

It has also been said that it was the club, who requested the tribunal to be heard in private, does anyone know if that is in fact true.

Until hmrc is resolved I think we will just be marking time.

The budget as far as I remember was to be front ended, if Alastair requested it to be, has he asked ?, has he been refused ?

WTF is up with everyone callin me a ***. Blue dignity your a well known keyboard bashin fanny. Why does everyone feel the need to mention that lot all the time? If you like them so much away you go and eat some potatoes and jizz on some pictures of the pope.

Harsh words, I am a sensitive chap and feel as though I've been savaged by a gumsy lamb, I'll never recover, traumatised is the word ! :sherlock: