What do you expect next season?

Dado

What would satisfy you next season?

Would a Scottish/League cup win and a closer league be enough for you? That we are seeing some progress?

Or would only the treble and a run in Europe satisfy your expectations?

I personally think that we can and will win the league next year, getting to the group stages of the CL is a must also in terms of revenue.

If we could do this I would be a very happy bear come May 2008 championee

I would take that as well Dado, big ask though. We need a lot of new guys to come in. Celtic aint a good side but they showed that they don't have to be to get results against hte dross in our league.

They have shown in the CL they can up their game if they need to. They have been in cruise control all year domestically and I think if we do mount a challenge then that might be their downfall.

I sustained league challenge is a must, I am sick of knowing it is over before the clocks go back.

Guest Euronymous
What would satisfy you next season?

The quadruple.

Champions League Cup

CIS Cup

Scottish League Cup

Scottish Premier League Title

:pipeguy:

i think walter will have to change tactics,and stop being negitive and also up the tempo as we play to slow,and we give our opponents time to get all their player behind the ball.

Thats quite a sofisticated answer old chap... :lol:

i think walter will have to change tactics,and stop being negitive and also up the tempo as we play to slow,and we give our opponents time to get all their player behind the ball.

fish us old bears are quite sofisticated can you mind when we sang we dont throw beer bottles we throw cans. :lol:

fish us old bears are quite sofisticated can you mind when we sang we dont throw beer bottles we throw cans. :lol:

All together now....THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER !!!!

I won't be happy unless we win the League.

A run in Europe is great, as is winning a cup, but the League is our bread and butter.

Me fear though is if we're good enough, which I have my doubts about.

I really hope we win the league, I sure as hell don't want Celtic winning it three seasons in a row, would expect to at least get into the group stages of the CL and hopefully get a decent enough draw. For the other two trophies a good cup run getting at least to the semis.

It should not be beyond us to win the league....I think I would be right in saying that since Walter took over we have performed better than them points wise in the league....in fact since we beat them they have only scraped...and they did scrape them...2 wins.

But we have to strengthen...we need some genuine quality and some match winners. Im simply fed up waiting for Chris Burke to fulfill his potential.

We SHOULD be challenging for all competitions we are in and SHOULD be capable of winning them all (domestically of course)

but the likely-hood is we are going to be lagging behind the tims again..maybe scrape our way to a league or scottish cup final

champions league group stage qualifcation, 3rd place in group minimum, europe after xmas. Better go at the league picking up CIS or Scottish (or both) cups. Forward thinking in terms of players being brought in, approach to games etc. as long as we dont embarrass ourselves in europe we can keep the coefficient up and have a good league run CHALLENGING celtic, eg, just winning the league ;)

MINSTRAL has definitely hit the nail on the head. There are many reasons for our poor season, but by far the main one is that our approach play is much too slow.

Anyway, to answer the question. Being realistic, and considering things as they are now, I would be satisfied with the following:

1. Getting into the group stages of the CL, coming third in the group and then the last 16 of the UEFA cup.

2. Coming second in the SPL, provided we took the title race to the last two games of the season.

3. Getting to the final of the Scottish Cup.

4. Having good attacking football and most of all not seeing any more "couldn't-care-less" individual performances.

I know the above list would not bring any silverware, but at least it would show definite improvement.

It depends on what the Tims do as well. There is no point in us shelling out on Brown and McCulloch etc if they splash the cash which they have won in the CL on Robbie Keane or whoever.

The League Championship we can win it back Celtic are crap and it annoys me that a team that is pish is about to win that bloody league!!

2 good cup runs in the Scottish and the CIS to get to the final at least

and the Last 16 of Champions league or Past the last 16 in the UEFA Cup