Diouf

Sign him up?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up?

• yes
    • no

If he had pace I'd say yes right now. For me he's useful on the ball, good crosser, good at retaining possession, strong and although we never really saw it I think he has a decent shot and good technique. If he had pace id happily play him on our wing but without it it meant he was largely anonymous! I said before I could see diouf as a central midfielder as I think that would probably suit him right now and I think he could do a job there for a lot of teams, for us however that position already has a lot of cover.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not strictly true!

Where did you appear from? I thought Kate and Gerry had got you as well :P

Just haven't been on a lot of late m8. :sherlock:

What did he do on the pitch ? The only real contribution I remember was his goal v Sporting Lisbon. After that he seemed more than happy to get 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there.

get him to feck,

anyone with a modicom of knowledge about football will agree, WTF did he do for us?? he was dire in every feckin game he played, posted missing for most of them for starters,

get a feckin grip, we are well shot of him, nothing more than a walking ego, feck him :wanker:

No.

IMO hes like Novo, loved for what he done to celtic and their scummy fans, but on the park he didnt have alot of talent.

Novo wound them up but put them to the sword many a time too. I've lost count of the amount of vital goals he scored for us be it match winners, goals against them or league winners.

Diouf was good in the 2-2 game but didn't do much after that, even against SPL dross.

Novo wound them up but put them to the sword many a time too. I've lost count of the amount of vital goals he scored for us be it match winners, goals against them or league winners.

Diouf was good in the 2-2 game but didn't do much after that, even against SPL dross.

Yeah i agree mate, i loved Novo, he did score so many important, and special goals too e.g When he came on at hampdump. But he wasnt the most gifted player, he made up for it on desire and his work effort.

Yeah i agree mate, i loved Novo, he did score so many important, and special goals too e.g When he came on at hampdump. But he wasnt the most gifted player, he made up for it on desire and his work effort.

aye did he, Novo was a wee magician for us imo, certainly compared to the charlatan that is Diouf, the two are not comparable and should'nt even be mentioned in the same thread ;)

aye did he, Novo was a wee magician for us imo, certainly compared to the charlatan that is Diouf, the two are not comparable and should'nt even be mentioned in the same thread ;)

I was talking about Novo when i said he made up for his talent in his desire for rangers and his work rate... The wee man was a hero, i loved him, but he wasnt the msot gifted player thats all i was saying haha.

True they are both not hugely talented (although maybe Diouf was in his prime) but Novo did contribute whereas Diouf just became a sideshow. He can replace Broxi Bear but I wouldnt have him in the squad.

Just haven't been on a lot of late m8. :sherlock:

What did he do on the pitch ? The only real contribution I remember was his goal v Sporting Lisbon. After that he seemed more than happy to get 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there.

A few assists in the important matches against Dundee United and Motherwell(both away) after coming on as a sub :sherlock:

Don't let the colour of his skin cloud your judgement mate,I know you're a good guy deep down.

A few assists in the important matches against Dundee United and Motherwell(both away) after coming on as a sub :sherlock:

Don't let the colour of his skin cloud your judgement mate,I know you're a good guy deep down.

:belm2:

get him to feck,

anyone with a modicom of knowledge about football will agree, WTF did he do for us?? he was dire in every feckin game he played, posted missing for most of them for starters,

get a feckin grip, we are well shot of him, nothing more than a walking ego, feck him :wanker:

anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the game also knows that performance in football, like most sports, is fuckin complex - its as much about psychology as tactics, talent, or ability - just ask arsene wenger.

why does that wee ginger heided cunt bounce up and down the fuckin line like the ape he is - to intimidate the fuck out of our players - coz it fuckin works. had Ally not got into the cunt at full time after the cup replay we would not have won the league or the league cup!

its all fuckin mind games - rangers players at that point were informed, through Ally's response, that we would not take his fucking bullshit. diouf ran to Gers supporters after a loss regardless of the fact that there were 50,000 animals ready to tear his fucking head off.

i completely disagree with your assessment of diouf's football contribution, however, he was more crucial to us as a diversion:

septic players and punters were fucking jumpin at his mere presence. At a time we had lost our top scorer, as well as bartley and weiss, and boughy was injured, no fuckin backups, ownership of the club in a total fuckin mess, .etc etc. on strictly football terms we should have been fuckin gubbed last year but we weren't. why? - because the football brilliance in the first ten minutes against killie could only have transpired because we had already beaten septic in the 'head game' department - and diouf was, in this respect, a significant contributer.

why can't murray beat nadal in tennis - coz nadal has more ability or talent? - like fuck, he made nadal look like a fuckin beginner in the first set at wimbleton - he lost the fuckin match because of what's happening inside his fuckin head.

should we sign diouf this year?

no. his role is over.

we are in a new season requiring new head games which, Ally, i might add, may be a master..

let the games begin.

good luck, diouf, and thanks for your important modicum of contribution in our very successful year.

2 points

1. Diouf did have talent he just didn't have any pace, better footballer than novo any day of the week imo!

2. Diouf didn't have any good games? Not true he was outstanding against Motherwell in the 6-0 win and would have been my man of the match had Jela not got a hat trick.

That said... sign him up still a no from me. No pace means he's not what we need, still think he could do a job for a team at centre midfield though!