Rangers Reject Bid From Burnley For Lafferty

Broxi1872

This post just sums up the sheer stupidity of Rangers fans on this board.

Thank fuck nobody on here makes the decisions that matter

Although I agree with rejecting the offer, the guy can say what he wants. Who are you to call him stupid, it's a free country.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree with rejecting the offer, the guy can say what he wants. Who are you to call him stupid, it's a free country.

Shut up and stop talking nosnsense. He is one of the few on here who moan about every single fucking thing the club do or dont do.

There are some people on here that live in a football manager world and think real life works the same

Shut up and stop talking nosnsense. He is one of the few on here who moan about every single fucking thing the club do or dont do.

There are some people on here that live in a football manager world and think real life works the same

Listen I'm not here to argue, but I am not speaking any nonsense, that guy has his OWN views and opinions(Even If I dis-agree with it), and you come across very...strong. For example starting your post telling me to shut up.

Kyle lafferty could prove vital for us in the future seasons, if he gets a bit more consistancy in his game which i believe he will he could go on to do god knows what, he has the attributes and the determination so lets keep the guy and watch him prosper and win things with us and for us.

For starters his height is the one thing that will scare opposition, you just need to look at the likes of toni and crouchy too see that, he is miles better than samalassy and he gets touted at 3mill plus which is laughable, he may not be the finished article but playing with confidence and with the team he loves im sure we have a rough diamond there and one whos value will rise and i hope he surpasses that 3plus mill tag in the near future if he aint worth his bought value already

This post just sums up the sheer stupidity of Rangers fans on this board.

Thank fuck nobody on here makes the decisions that matter

Seriously a handfull of goals from Lafferty and he is a hero? The guy is ok but in no way consistent just shows how fickle some are here!

Why would we even consider selling for a squad player and a mill, need players in not out, this is a very weak offer, am not a huge laff fan but he has sumthin bout him when his head is right.

Love to see us get cuellar, gdwillie but we will see, need another 2 defenders even after that I reckon, not convinced wi broadfoot a centre half!

For crying out loud. Lafferty has a few good games and now he's invaluable to the team?

Any offers around £2.5m and I'd take it.

He's did ok for us and if he stayed I'd be happy but if we get any decent offers for him I'd take it. It's not as if he'd be hard to replace.

Burnley can fuck off with that offer though.

Seriously a handfull of goals from Lafferty and he is a hero? The guy is ok but in no way consistent just shows how fickle some are here!

there is a difference from giving someone hero status and seeing promise in a player who undoubtably done well for us at the back end off last season, haters will be haters and some just like to see our own prosper, afterall thats what we should be about and the way he was with jelavic can only fill me with hope that they two can form a great partnership. that dont mean that he is the bees knees but doing so far what the fans were asking from him over these few yrs. since kenny left he has been more that capable albiet a few misshaps but he is cleaning his image up and looks like he was enjoying his football

£2.5M is about his value I would say... has he got better since he joined? debatable. He has shown the glimpses of form that he has in the last few games of last season in scatters of games since he joined but has always failed to keep it up or perform at a consistant level wherever he was played. The offer of Bikey and £1M is actually a decent bid but I dont know how much left Bikey has on his contract so would have asked for more pennies or another player thrown in. The fact we are short on cover though and Lafferty can play up front and on the left means it would probably have taken a larger offer to tempt us.

There its there eh! 1 goal against the taigs is the same as 1 goal against any other team.

Lafferty has never scored in Europe, against Celtic or even managed 20 goals in a single season since he turned pro. An Old Firm derby is a big match for us and Kyle hasn't done it in one of those games. Boyd got slated for not scoring against Celtic, Lafferty should get the same stick. He's been here for 3 years and he just hasn't done it.

£2.5M is about his value I would say... has he got better since he joined? debatable. He has shown the glimpses of form that he has in the last few games of last season in scatters of games since he joined but has always failed to keep it up or perform at a consistant level wherever he was played. The offer of Bikey and £1M is actually a decent bid but I dont know how much left Bikey has on his contract so would have asked for more pennies or another player thrown in. The fact we are short on cover though and Lafferty can play up front and on the left means it would probably have taken a larger offer to tempt us.

There I fixed that for you. Lafferty is shit on the left-wing and should never be played there again.

You think Lafferty's worth £6.5m?

Possibly around 5 papaguy51, i think he has huge potential, if i was doing the selling i would demand as much as i could but again, i dont think i would sell him unless the bid was funny money. I really like him and i think now he is settled at the club and city, he will make even more of a contribution than he has done, i think hes an important part of our squad. We bought him as a daft kid, he has had to grow up fast in Glasgow and i think now, even in his personal life he has already made mistakes which he has learned from and has matured, i honestly believe he will only get better.

(tu)

Possibly around 5 papaguy51, i think he has huge potential, if i was doing the selling i would demand as much as i could but again, i dont think i would sell him unless the bid was funny money. I really like him and i think now he is settled at the club and city, he will make even more of a contribution than he has done, i think hes an important part of our squad. We bought him as a daft kid, he has had to grow up fast in Glasgow and i think now, even in his personal life he has already made mistakes which he has learned from and has matured, i honestly believe he will only get better.

(tu)

It's a hard one.

People keep saying he's 'obviously' improved, and they are entitled to their opinion.

When we signed him, he was an inconsistent left winger cum striker. Now, after three years, he's still an inconsistent left winger cum striker. I think he's worth what we paid for him still.

It's a hard one.

People keep saying he's 'obviously' improved, and they are entitled to their opinion.

When we signed him, he was an inconsistent left winger cum striker. Now, after three years, he's still an inconsistent left winger cum striker. I think he's worth what we paid for him still.

Thats fair enough. (tu)

Lafferty has never scored in Europe, against Celtic or even managed 20 goals in a single season since he turned pro. An Old Firm derby is a big match for us and Kyle hasn't done it in one of those games. Boyd got slated for not scoring against Celtic, Lafferty should get the same stick. He's been here for 3 years and he just hasn't done it.

By your reasoning if you fail to score against the scum you deserve stick? boyd got tore a new one all too often on here regardless what he done for us throughout his time here which to me stunk to high heaven

It's easy to have blinkers on re Laffterty after the way he finished the season. He was superb.

But he needs to show that consistently, something he HAS struggled to do.

I certainly wouldn't be accepting anything like the offer in the table tho, the days of picking our first-team players up for a pittance are well and truly over.

IMO Laffterty will have a HUGE part to play in 4-in-a-row.