Big Name Signing

cwoodloyal

Ditto, v pleased. For all those saying Rangers take ages to do all of their business, Bedoya was in and out of Ibrox before anyone even knew he was here. A good day's work methinks. C'mon King Carlos, make our week, sign tomorrow

very true m8 maybe we have signed this big name player earlier tonight and we want to breaking the news tomorrow you never know fingers crossed

News breaking tomorrow of a potential 'big name' signing for the club would have Ibrox buzzing on Saturday.

Tonight I was wishing I was making it, but couldn't get anyone to go with. I came in tonight and my mum told me her pal's son in law has a spare ticket :uk:

Buzzing to see the new Ibrox and tomorrow I'll remain optimistic of a new face or two arriving and making their debut hopefully on Saturday. :D

SSN reporting it so bears tune in and its fucking Lee Wallace who signed 6 hours ago

Why are people so in love with SSN? 8 stories rotated about 40 times a day. 7 of them are 'Sir Alex says Ryan Giggs can play 'til he's 40' or 'Dave Jones admits he can't afford to bring in more than two players' or 'La Galaxy have played a game'. And don't mention the bloody cricket!

Why are people so in love with SSN? 8 stories rotated about 40 times a day. 7 of them are 'Sir Alex says Ryan Giggs can play 'til he's 40' or 'Dave Jones admits he can't afford to bring in more than two players' or 'La Galaxy have played a game'. And don't mention the bloody cricket!

Im the last person obsessed by SSN. I heard them say at 11 when they came back on air that Rangers beat the deadline to sign a defender, i didnt think it was Wallace they were talking about plus i had not seen SSN all day so didnt know how they had reported said story

Im the last person obsessed by SSN. I heard them say at 11 when they came back on air that Rangers beat the deadline to sign a defender, i didnt think it was Wallace they were talking about plus i had not seen SSN all day so didnt know how they had reported said story

Sky news is always at it too - running 'breaking news' banners hours after, for example Murdoch getting a pie in the face.

Sky really have went downhill regarding their stories of transfers

the weird thing is, they've been rubbish ever since they took it off freeview, and they claimed then it would only get better...

Still, SSN on any transfer window day is cracking!

Anybody got the back page of the DR yet? Usually on facebook or here by now :)

gunslinger has said it wasn't in like it usually is at 11pm.

Maybe its been delayed as they have the exclusive on this big name player. :pipe:

There is something fishy about this Miller saga. Still, i expect a couple more signings tomorrow as too many folk were getting mixed up with the qualifier deadline and actual transfer deadline. Too many panic merchants, plenty of business to be done folks ;)

that's exactly what i don't understand. due to the fact the champion's league qualification registration closes long before our transfer window you'd expect us to sign real quality just now for europe, and squad players/ players for the future after that - before the transfer window.

however, we find it important to sign a player who cannot play for us until 2012. a bit nuts in my opinion. perhaps wallace will be of use in europe, however, i find it shocking the seeming priority of signings.

almost as if no real thought has gone into it.

that's exactly what i don't understand. due to the fact the champion's league qualification registration closes long before our transfer window you'd expect us to sign real quality just now for europe, and squad players/ players for the future after that - before the transfer window.

however, we find it important to sign a player who cannot play for us until 2012. a bit nuts in my opinion. perhaps wallace will be of use in europe, however, i find it shocking the seeming priority of signings.

almost as if no real thought has gone into it.

The deadline just passed is simply for the two Malmo ties, do you seriously think our current squad is not good enough to progress?

Plenty of time for additions.

The deadline just passed is simply for the two Malmo ties, do you seriously think our current squad is not good enough to progress?

Plenty of time for additions.

at no point did i say we didn't have the squad to handle malmo, i did think this registration deadline was for more than just the malmo ties. mybad if that is not the case. however, i still think we should be trying to get the experianced, key player types in first.

i think it's easier for a club like rangers to purchase squad players, or talented young players than more well known seasoned pros. that makes me think those types of signings should be done at the very start - before anyone else gets a look in.

i wonder if we had put in the same bid for cuellar long ago and started talks before our staff started creaming themselves talking about him to the press, perhaps he may already be a rangers player?

you know all the talk about carlos has basically helped to advertise him?

nothing wrong with just saying we were interested in purchasing cuellar, and we were just going to see how things go.

anyone agree?

super ally will get it right. i think this is going to be a steep learning curve for him - even although he has been doing a lot of this himself already during the final year of smith's tenure.