Hemdani wins player of the year

docspiderman

people seem to forget ferguson was awful at the start of the season when he came in. Hemdani has been consistantly excellent in all positions he is playd in and fully deserves it

But tbh its a pretty hollow award as this has been one of our poorest seasons in memory

Awful at the start of the season??? What games were you watching? I only remember him having 2 poor games all season and one of them was last week. He started the season well carrying us with displays like st mirren away in the 3-2 game and Maccabi where he ran the show and has just got better. (tu)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful at the start of the season??? What games were you watching? I only remember him having 2 poor games all season and one of them was last week. He started the season well carrying us with displays like st mirren away in the 3-2 game and Maccabi where he ran the show and has just got better. (tu)

I think you're being a kind overly kind to Ferguson.

Ferguson has had a lot more than 2 poor games all season. At Easter Road last September he was very poor and Ferguson was present (and well below par) in many of the games we had poor results in - Molde away, ICT at home, Motherwell at home, Falkik away, Caley away etc.

To suggest Ferguson carried us in some games is a bit far from the truth. After around November, he has went on to have a fine season generally but before then his form was as poor and inconsistent as the rest of the team.

people seem to forget ferguson was awful at the start of the season when he came in. Hemdani has been consistantly excellent in all positions he is playd in and fully deserves it

But tbh its a pretty hollow award as this has been one of our poorest seasons in memory

he had just came back from injury, and couldnt find his level... he was poor because of that and it took him about a month or 2 to get into the swing of things and once that happened, yes he has been outstanding. But to say overall throughout the season more influential than Hemdani is insane !

I think you're being a kind overly kind to Ferguson.

Ferguson has had a lot more than 2 poor games all season. At Easter Road last September he was very poor and Ferguson was present (and well below par) in many of the games we had poor results in - Molde away, ICT at home, Motherwell at home, Falkik away, Caley away etc.

To suggest Ferguson carried us in some games is a bit far from the truth. After around November, he has went on to have a fine season generally but before then his form was as poor and inconsistent as the rest of the team.

Fair enough I suppose one of the many quirks of football is that people can watch a game and come out with completely different opinion of it, in my opinion Fergie has been consistent throughout and because the press jumped on the Hapoel performance some sort of myth has been created that he was poor prior to that but as they say its all about opinions. (tu)

Totally agree with Hemdani nobody else has came even close IMO not even fregusson. Hemdani has class written all over him he never panics and very rarely gives the ball away and his reading of the game is first class. He even scored two vital goals for us this season against sellick and that Tel aviv. In both of these games I don't think anybody knew where a goal was comming from untill he stepped up to the mark (tu)

WELL DONE BH I hope he stays on for next season

Totally agree with Hemdani nobody else has came even close IMO not even fregusson. Hemdani has class written all over him he never panics and very rarely gives the ball away and his reading of the game is first class. He even scored two vital goals for us this season against sellick and that Tel aviv. In both of these games I don't think anybody knew where a goal was comming from untill he stepped up to the mark (tu)

WELL DONE BH I hope he stays on for next season

He didn't score against tel aviv......it was Osasuna

That aside though he has been our most consistent player all season. well worthy of the POTY award. Of that there is no doubt in my mind

Hemdani deserves it by a country mile, and well done to him. Took me a bit to get to like him but he's shown that he's quality.

I now fear £2million has been wasted of Kevin Thomson unless Hemdani is for the off in the summer?

Well done to the man, he deserved it. I said last year how good a player he was and hes been even better this year. Can slow the game down a bit at times but hes very consistant, keeps things simple and rarely gives the ball away. Its amazing the number of times some of the players in our team give the ball away especially in the osasuana games. I will be pissed if we sell him in the summer. As for £2m for thomson Muffger, personally i think its wasted a little as we paid too much for him but what we need is a strong squad for competition and incase of injuries so its good we have got another good midfielder at the club and i dont think he will be wasted.

A disgraceful decision, IMO.

Who deserves it more than Hemdani?

McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd.

Boyd doesnt deserve player of the year, hes a good goalscorer but half the games this season he didnt even break sweat, his workrate for a professional footballer is appalling.

McGregor won young player of the year and has been pretty solid, he didnt play the whole year though.

Ferguson has not been as consistent as Hemdani has been.

Adam won young player of the year award,McGregor was voted player of the year by his team mates. (tu)

So he got it for consistancy, well Sebo has been consistantly bad all season, will we give it to him ?

Just kidding, although I do think Hemdani has been consistantly AVERAGE all season.

I hope Thommo gets the nod next season.

Boyd doesnt deserve player of the year, hes a good goalscorer but half the games this season he didnt even break sweat, his workrate for a professional footballer is appalling.

McGregor won young player of the year and has been pretty solid, he didnt play the whole year though.

Boyd has been over-looked again, despite being top scorer, by a mile. No one complained when Hartson got it, yet he done the same as Boyd.

McGregor only missed a few months but has more of an effect on our team than Hemdani.

Ferguson has carried us for the majority of the season.

Answer me this:

Where would we be without Boyd's goals ?

Where would we be without McGregors saves ?

Where would we be without Ferguson carrying us ?

Where would we be without Hemdani's back-passes ?

Adam won young player of the year award,McGregor was voted player of the year by his team mates. (tu)

So he did, my mistake (tu)

Well deserved but must have been a close thing with Ferguson. Rarely puts a foot wrong and was asked to play in different positions without any moaning and performed admirably even beside Svennson.

Well done Brahim on an exceptional season (tu) Having said that,Barry was,and is our best player by a country mile. (tu)

Hemdani, bar the odd jittery moment (and there have been one or two) has been a solid, consistent performer throughout the season, and a consumate professional.

Yes, his game is limited, yes he's not going to inspire players around him - but he DOES make them feel secure.

He has done the same thing all season, and quietly and efficiently at that.

Is he an exceptional player? Probably not. Does he deserve POTY outright? Possibly - certainly shouldn't be overlooked.

As for Barry not winning it, well I think he would have had the PLG thing not happened. Barry at his best outshines most players in the SPL - probably all, tbh. But his poor performances stick out like a sore thumb even worse than Hemdani's do.

People remember Barry's dreadful displays prominently - the dismal display in Falkirk, for example, and the poor show against ICT. We generally don't expect quite as much from Brahim and don't act so harsh when he plays less than impressively.

As for Boyd - well, Hartson won the overall award alongside Ricksen in 2005 - so surely goals *are* enough?

Finally, AM - he's been good - but I wouldn't say he's a outright POTY.

That all said, congratulations to all the players who won - but it's a sad indictment of our current state that a midfielder who was in the first division last year and a keeper who starred for Dunfermline are now winning our awards.

Boyd has been over-looked again, despite being top scorer, by a mile. No one complained when Hartson got it, yet he done the same as Boyd.

McGregor only missed a few months but has more of an effect on our team than Hemdani.

Answer me this:

Agree with everything you say, tim m8's txting me now saying we are a total joke for giving him the award

I cant belive how many fellow bears rate this guy

Answer me this:

Agree with everything you say, tim m8's txting me now saying we are a total joke for giving him the award

I thought I was the only one...

Answer me this:

Belive you me you aint, i started a post a couple of weeks ago but how i didnt think he justified being one of the top earners at ibrox and got slaughtered for it

This award really sum the Gers up at the moment

Answer me this:

Belive you me you aint, i started a post a couple of weeks ago but how i didnt think he justified being one of the top earners at ibrox and got slaughtered for it

This award really sum the Gers up at the moment

Everyone on here loves him, I can't see the fuss, TBH.

There isnt even another competitor for POTY than Hemdani.

Boyd is woeful, scores goals but does nothing else. Helped a manager to leave Rangers.

Also causing a manager his job at RFC, was Baz. Que the countless "Barry Ferguson is the new Rangers Chairman" jokes

McGregor is a decent goalkeeper at best. Cant come for a cross at all, and scared to get his haircut a mess.

You need some who is consistant, never gives the ball away, always does the right thing in your team. Hemdani gives the same level of performance every week. Makelele is Chelsea's best player doing the exact same role.

There isnt even another competitor for POTY than Hemdani.

Boyd is woeful, scores goals but does nothing else. Helped a manager to leave Rangers.

Also causing a manager his job at RFC, was Baz. Que the countless "Barry Ferguson is the new Rangers Chairman" jokes

McGregor is a decent goalkeeper at best. Cant come for a cross at all, and scared to get his haircut a mess.

You need some who is consistant, never gives the ball away, always does the right thing in your team. Hemdani gives the same level of performance every week. Makelele is Chelsea's best player doing the exact same role.

Makelele can tackle, track a man, brave.

Thats the difference between a world class defensive midfielder and an average one, IMO.