Was I The Only One Impressed By

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should never be played in front of Wylde on the left-wing again. He's reluctant to cross with his left-foot and lacks pace. I think the defense did okay it's our midfield that lets us down. We lack urgence, creativity, flair. We don't have a player who runs with the ball at his feet and can go past players.

I was impressed by young Templeton. That's the type of young talented left-winger we should be going out and trying to sign.

Agreed. There was hardly a seismic shift in the second 45. We were poor as opposed to dire, but that's hardly a glowing tribute for McCoist.

I sensed more urgency, just, in the second half but not much more quality. Naismith, Jelavic and Whittaker were still strangely poor. 3 excellent professionals whoa re normally very solid.

(tu)

Might have been out of position but so was the Hearts player he was up against. His touch and pace were off and he seemed to want one touch too many before getting a cross in.

I'll reserve judgement on the player until halfway through the season and he's gelled in with his teammates and a new culture but today's performance wasn't impressive.

Not impressed at all. Fleck should have come on for McCulloch, Davis in the middle with the impressive Edu, Naismith right and Ortiz left

Wylde would be good, but can he actually do anything with the ball? Sorry, I know he is a young player and all that, but I would expect him to at least be able to do something

Broadfoot is not good at all, I am convinced he is nowhere near good enough for this Club

he couldnt beat a centre half playin at rite bck 4 pace :(

and hasnt got a left foot

but 2 be fair rangers r doin the usual ruining a player by playin him out of position

To be fair mate, there were a few times McGowan managed to match Wylde for pace today, so I wouldn't be too hard on Ortiz on that front. :lol:

I accept he was out of position but not impressed at all. Too slow and didn't cross into the box early enough. Felt Wylde did better.

You taking the piss?

Wylde knocked it 10 yards in front of himself and lost it, on 2 occasions.

Anyone notice when he goes forward he knocks the ball too far to his left leaving him more to do to get a cross over?

Not impressed at all. Fleck should have come on for McCulloch, Davis in the middle with the impressive Edu, Naismith right and Ortiz left

Wylde would be good, but can he actually do anything with the ball? Sorry, I know he is a young player and all that, but I would expect him to at least be able to do something

Broadfoot is not good at all, I am convinced he is nowhere near good enough for this Club

Wylde has a good cross on him, but it's been shown that the majority of the time he needs to be in space in order to produce that cross.

He was unfortunate today in that Hearts had a fullback who was quick enough to track him, and didn't give him the space he needs.

Wylde has a good cross on him, but it's been shown that the majority of the time he needs to be in space in order to produce that cross.

He was unfortunate today in that Hearts had a fullback who was quick enough to track him, and didn't give him the space he needs.

I think he may flatter to decieve, he has virtually no final ball Compare him to someone like Weiss, who you don't what he is going to do, any defender will tell Wylde will run on the outside, always

He should be working on what to do with his pace, so far there is little evidence he has been doing that

Today is the first time I've ever seen him play and on this performance I would say he should be nothing more than a squad player for us. But I stress that opinion is formed only from today, I'll reserve judgement fully until he has settled in and been given a run in a position he's comfortable in. He does appear to be chronically lacking in pace though.

I think he may flatter to decieve, he has virtually no final ball Compare him to someone like Weiss, who you don't what he is going to do, any defender will tell Wylde will run on the outside, always

He should be working on what to do with his pace, so far there is little evidence he has been doing that

Agreed, Wylde is very one dimensional.

My point was that he does offer us something with his left foot; but asides from that I have to admit he doesn't offer much.

Still a very useful player to have when playing against a team with slow fullbacks however. (tu)

Are all centre backs concrete-footed oafs?

no but most wingers are faster than centre halfs

weiss,sproule(3 or 4 yrs ago), bale, alennon, messi, cr7, templeton, nani etc

name me sum centre halfs faster than them

Boumsong, Bougherra, Boateng, Pique, Pepe, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Abidal, Richards, Naldo, Onuoha............

:rolleyes:

So should Ortiz be faster than every centre half he comes up against just because Weiss, Sproule and Gareth Bale are?

Very, very odd logic.

It was the typical display of a guy playing outwith his own domestic game for the first time. Scotland is faster and rougher than La Liga and it showed.

Neat on the ball, good touch and worked reasonably hard but he was pushed off the ball too easily and he didn't look comfortable playing on the left hand side.

He'll be a decent addition, but I don't think he will hold down a first team place and that's I've said that all along.

Ortiz was ok for me, I thought that his left foot isn't the best, but controlled the ball well and had some nice touches, I thought he was better in the second half where he was cutting in with his right foot - looked dangerous and made two chances which imo Naismith should have done better with, would like to see him on his right foot, think he could do well.