Was I The Only One Impressed By

Thought he had a shocker overall. Clearly shouldn't be used on the left, especially when we have a pacey direct and in-from left-winger on the bench.

I think he will be a decent option for us this season due to his versatility and I also imagine he will be better on the right. Doesn't seem to have to much in his locker in terms of pace/power/skill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough I wanted him subbed at half-time but wanted him to stay on in the second half; I felt he had momentum in the match just before he came off

In hindsight I would have taken McCulloch off and put Fleck on

This is where I also wonder why we gave a contract to David Healy, we are obviously not really going to expect much from him except if we are 4-0 up against St Mirren

Well I thought once he started cutting inside and making some decent passes he looked more of a threat. Also thought he tracked back pretty well and cud see why he had bn played at left back.... But as a left mid u cud tell he was out of position and I thought even playing him at right mid and puttin naismith at left mid wud of changed the game a bit.

We were told Ortiz has great pace , I didn't see much of that today but still plenty of time to show what he can do but wylde did better on the day and maybe should have came on earlier.

New player, new team, foreign country, cant speak English, first game and out of position....i thought he done ok.

Nice touch, comfortable on the ball and a good work ethic.

When we signed him we were told he can play right mid, left back or right , no mention of left wing, so we play him left wing in his first match and fans are having a go at him because he didnt perform like fucking Gareth Bale! :anguish:

I seen enough in him to see he will contribute to our cause no problem.

Well played Juanma and welcome again to the Rangers.

:clap:

i think we have a neat player on our hands there, just needs time but for me yes

obviously most players have a weaker foot but as pro's who play football 6 days a week they really should be able to use it effectively every now and again...there were too many goal scoring occasions juanma refused to use his left peg...though like the OP says he did show some nice touches and im sure he'l be a decent signing overall...still rather we had signed foster instead!

Dont Panic loyal :21:

New player, new team, foreign country, cant speak English, first game and out of position....i thought he done ok.

Nice touch, comfortable on the ball and a good work ethic.

When we signed him we were told he can play right mid, left back or right , no mention of left wing, so we play him left wing in his first match and fans are having a go at him because he didnt perform like fucking Gareth Bale! :anguish:

I seen enough in him to see he will contribute to our cause no problem.

Well played Juanma and welcome again to the Rangers.

:clap:

Decent player but lacks pace and tires quickly.

I accept he was out of position but not impressed at all. Too slow and didn't cross into the box early enough. Felt Wylde did better.

Wylde who couldnt pick out a cross pass the first man, aye alright doh

Ortiz has a fantastic touch, gets the ball down and drives at opponents, was isolated on his own at times, no overlap from papac and was asked to do a lot on his own... did well considering... think as the season goes on he will be an important player but I would have had him on the right wing

Didn't see enough of the ball, left isolated, up against one of the quickest right-back's in the SPL...

He is also not a left-sided midfielder!

I thought he showed some nice touches and can deliver a ball.

He will take time to settle and I'd prefer to see him in his proper position, although we seem to like to play players out of position, which pisses me off.

His touch when the ball came to him in the second half in a really good position in the box was brutal, what's so annoying about that is his touch had been excellent all game and it's probably the one time he did mis-control it.

I thought he was ok today. Didn't really deliver any quality crosses though. I'm sure he'll be an asset.