Healthier Looking Squad

mainsy81

If we get Goodwillie & Cuellar signed up it will give our squad the boost it needs. I think these 2 signings would be enough as that would take our signings to 6. C'mon Whyte get it done!

still some work to be done but we are getting there.

We've just got Romanian defender plus Boughie, Weir & Papac. Ortiz and Wylde are our wide men and Goodwillie would add to Jelavic, Lafferty, Healy & Beattie. I think we're sorted if those 2 can get done.

Rangers are going at a slow pace. It's as if we can only sign one player at a time.

Why can't we sign 2 players on the same day?

Wallace and Bedoya? Just a shame we couldn't agree on a fee for Bedoya.

Calm down. It's only the beginning of pre-season for many clubs. We are doing the best we can, plus we still have £2m wrapped up in the Cuellar offer. (tu)

Why do we need 2 more cb's as someone suggested? Unless boogie leaves then we'll have, boogie, weir, dorin, Papac, whitts if need be, broadfoot and maybe cuellar if he comes.

Leave out Papac, broaders, and whitts and u have 4 cb's Inc cuellar. Why any more?

Wallace and Bedoya? Just a shame we couldn't agree on a fee for Bedoya.

Calm down. It's only the beginning of pre-season for many clubs. We are doing the best we can, plus we still have £2m wrapped up in the Cuellar offer. (tu)

I read on here that Bedoya was left out of the squad for his current team which suggests they may be willing to make a deal for him now.

Why do we need 2 more cb's as someone suggested? Unless boogie leaves then we'll have, boogie, weir, dorin, Papac, whitts if need be, broadfoot and maybe cuellar if he comes.

Leave out Papac, broaders, and whitts and u have 4 cb's Inc cuellar. Why any more?

We need two because Carlos Cuellar has not signed and Kirk Broadfoot is shit!

Two from Dorin, Juhasz and Cuellar, all three should Bougherra leave!?

Papac and Broadfoot should never play in central defence.

Simply because most people including myself don't think Weir has the legs anymore, Broadfoot is not good enough and Bougherra's head seems to be elsewhere.

Papac is also not ideal at CB because he can't really header a ball.

Rangers are going at a slow pace. It's as if we can only sign one player at a time.

Why can't we sign 2 players on the same day?

You said this earlier but seem to have ignored the reply.

Wallace and Bedoya.

if we keep Bougherra then after Cuellar or someone else we won't need another CB, after Goodwillie we won't need another striker, but IMO we need a LM and CM but I dont really see us getting them (td):(

Cuellar and Goodwillie and I'll be deligted though (tu)

Last year we had Bougherra, Weir and Bartley as our central options. Webster and Broadfoot were out injured.

A few knocks and we were left with Whittaker in the centre (he did OK considering he is not a central defender) of defence.

We need 4 central defenders, if we get two more, we have Bougherra, Weir and the other two - one looking like Goian, exactly what is required.

Simply because most people including myself don't think Weir has the legs anymore, Broadfoot is not good enough and Bougherra's head seems to be elsewhere.

Papac is also not ideal at CB because he can't really header a ball.

If weir was playing on sat then IMO our defense wouldn't have looked like a bunch of schoolboys chasing the same ball. His organisational skills are vastly underrated. The thing With weir is, is that I dont think ppl will know what we had until he's gone. We certainly wouldn't have lost that goal on sat if he played.

We need two because Carlos Cuellar has not signed and Kirk Broadfoot is shit!

Two from Dorin, Juhasz and Cuellar, all three should Bougherra leave!?

Papac and Broadfoot should never play in central defence.

Broadfoot can leave for all I care, he's laid his cards on the table, the little ungrateful shit that he is. Papac and whitts can do a job centrally. Now dorins has signed then IMO we need one more, if it's cuellar then great if not then one more is reqd

IF King Carlos comes back... our back 4 is very impressive. I'd be surprised if we lost more than 1 goal in any match. I'd take a chance and say we would not concede more than 20 goals all season.

Question is though... will SDOW sit on the bench? He'll have to. Play him in Cup matches. and against lower 6 opposition. Don;t get me wrong, I love SDOW... but he's done.

MarkyBear. Appreciate your sentiments about SDOW. And prob right. We would not have lost that goal on Sat. (tu)

But if Carlos comes back.... no place for him imho.

If weir was playing on sat then IMO our defense wouldn't have looked like a bunch of schoolboys chasing the same ball. His organisational skills are vastly underrated. The thing With weir is, is that I dont think ppl will know what we had until he's gone. We certainly wouldn't have lost that goal on sat if he played.

I'm not saying he can't still do a job, and a very good job at that.

What I am saying is that we can't solely rely on him like we have done because he hasn't got the legs anymore.

There where times last year were he looked finished but luckily he had the fight, energy and determination to prove us all wrong and come the last few months of the season he put in some pretty outstanding performances.

I just don't know if he'll still have that in him for the whole of this season.