Our Midfield !

KingKirk

At this moment in time is not good enough to Win 4IAR, Bar Davis and Naismith we lack work rate, pace and power in this area of the park, We need someone next to Davis of quality. I fear Ally won't bring anyone in because the numbers we have in CM.

The Facts are Simple Jig, Edu, Hutton are NOT good enough and just wont do! Ness can he stay injury free? time will tell.

Same goes for LW we need a winger of quality, I think we would all agree Ortiz is not a winger, and IMO wylde has a long way to go, he is not good enough at the moment.

Does anyone else share my fears that the middle of the park might be over looked by Ally?.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment in time is not good enough to Win 4IAR, Bar Davis and Naismith we lack work rate, pace and power in this area of the park, We need someone next to Davis of quality. I fear Ally won't bring anyone in because the numbers we have in CM.

The Facts are Simple Jig, Edu, Hutton are NOT good enough and just wont do! Ness can he stay injury free? time will tell.

Same goes for LW we need a winger of quality, I think we would all agree Ortiz is not a winger, and IMO wylde has a long way to go, he is not good enough at the moment.

Does anyone else share my fears that the middle of the park might be over looked by Ally?.

Its funny when someone describes personal opinion as facts. Ild never be that confident.

One is a right winger and, One is not a CM, we need a CM good enough to play along side Davis

Verhoek can play on either wing, and Bedoya is primarily a central midfielder who can also play on the flanks.

So In your opinion are Jig Edu and Hutton good enough for us?

Jig unfortunately no - will always get effort but I do I feel someone else could do better in the Gersey - yes.

Edu - He has it in him

Hutton - did not look out of place against ManU...says it all.

Play the same midfield as the end of last season, worked a treat (tu)

Wylde is not good enough to get us through a season and almost every fan to man wants Edu replaced.

Midfield is a huge problem, it was pivotal to our defensive problems last year and the goals we lost, we surrendered possession to easily, did not protect our defence and never kept the ball for long enough.

The goals scored by Jelavic and Miller took so much heat of the rest of the team.

Cut the guy some some slack. He is right, everybody whos just slated the guy would probably agree that Davis does need a CM of quality beside him. A big no nonsense player who defends well and wins the ball. Edu and Jig arent good enough.

Jig unfortunately no - will always get effort but I do I feel someone else could do better in the Gersey - yes.

Edu - He has it in him

Hutton - did not look out of place against ManU...says it all.

Jig I agree

Edu, has a poor first touch, and is allways getting caught on the ball IMO he has not improved.

Hutton I would like to think, If he is any better than the other 2, he would be in our first 11.

That your opinion mate (tu)

Thank god some of the posters on here arent in charge of our club.

The same midfield you are currently slating and describing as "not good enough" won a double last year.

I fail to see how they aren't good enough to do the same thing again this year.

Its a general malaisse on here - there are huge swathes of our support who all have stated the following are not good enough for Rangers

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Weir

Papac

Edu

McCulloch

Hutton

Ness

Wylde

Lafferty

Fleck

Boughera (according to some) should be punted for attitude!

McGregor sold for the money as we have just as good a keeper in Alexander

Naismith is always injured

But apart from these 14 players we are OK.

and at least we have Davis (whom many dont rate in the CM role but he is OK on the right)

Edu and McCulloch need replaced by a player that brings a bit of composure, positional sense, goes looking for the ball, retain possession, in the oppositions' faces, one who is not scared to do the dirty work and get stuck in.

Edu and McCulloch simply cannot play together.

Hutton are young, inexperienced, Ness has had problem with injuries.

We also need a wide man, left-sided (Wesley Verhoek).

The right side is sorted, we have Steven Naismith and Juan Manuel Ortiz. On the left we only have Greg Wylde (Salim Kerkar isn't good enough). Kyle Lafferty, when fit and on form should be fighting for a place up front - hopefully with David Goodwillie, to partner Nikica Jelavic.

Over the last two seasons there has been a big debate about our weaknesses, and the midfield has always cropped up. It's something we must address this season.

The defence, which was another weakness has become a lot stronger (Wallace and Goian) and if things go they way we want them to, it will be even stronger.

Let's strengthen it further more and the team/squad as a whole by adding what we need in midfield; CM and LM/W along with a striker; Goodwillie, and we have one hell of a squad!

Let's just say we GET our targets

GK: Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander, Grant Adam.

D: Madjid Bougherra, Dorin Goian, Carlos Cuellar/Roland Juhasz, David Weir, Kirk Broadfoot, Steven Whittaker, Lee Wallace, Rhys McCabe, Darren Cole, Sasa Papac.

M: Central midfielder, Steven Davis, Steven Naismith, Lee McCulloch, Maurice Edu, Jamie Ness, Kyle Hutton, John Fleck, Salim Kerkar, Juan Manuel Ortiz, Thomas Kind Bendiksen.

ST: Nikica Jelavic, Kyle Lafferty, David Goodwillie, James Beattie, David Healy, Kane Hemmings.

OK, maybe a few could leave (Beattie, Broadfoot) but that is one hell of a squad, one that has youth, experience, quality and are tied down on long-term contracts.

Edu and McCulloch need replaced by a player that brings a bit of composure, positional sense, goes looking for the ball, retain possession, in the oppositions' faces, one who is not scared to do the dirty work and get stuck in.

Edu and McCulloch simply cannot play together.

Hutton are young, inexperienced, Ness has had problem with injuries.

We also need a wide man, left-sided (Wesley Verhoek).

The right side is sorted, we have Steven Naismith and Juan Manuel Ortiz. On the left we only have Greg Wylde (Salim Kerkar isn't good enough). Kyle Lafferty, when fit and on form should be fighting for a place up front - hopefully with David Goodwillie, to partner Nikica Jelavic.

Over the last two seasons there has been a big debate about our weaknesses, and the midfield has always cropped up. It's something we must address this season.

The defence, which was another weakness has become a lot stronger (Wallace and Goian) and if things go they way we want them to, it will be even stronger.

Let's strengthen it further more and the team/squad as a whole by adding what we need in midfield; CM and LM/W along with a striker; Goodwillie, and we have one hell of a squad!

Let's just say we GET our targets

GK: Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander, Grant Adam.

D: Madjid Bougherra, Dorin Goian, Carlos Cuellar/Roland Juhasz, David Weir, Kirk Broadfoot, Steven Whittaker, Lee Wallace, Rhys McCabe, Darren Cole, Sasa Papac.

M: Central midfielder, Steven Davis, Steven Naismith, Lee McCulloch, Maurice Edu, Jamie Ness, Kyle Hutton, John Fleck, Salim Kerkar, Juan Manuel Ortiz, Thomas Kind Bendiksen.

ST: Nikica Jelavic, Kyle Lafferty, David Goodwillie, James Beattie, David Healy, Kane Hemmings.

OK, maybe a few could leave (Beattie, Broadfoot) but that is one hell of a squad, one that has youth, experience, quality and are tied down on long-term contracts.

Great post.