The Inevitable Kenny Miller Thread

Should we have re-signed him?

I'm not usually a fan of bringing players back but he's only been gone 6 months and we are playing for such high stakes with the £10 million it's surely worthwhile pushing the boat out ... especially on a known quantity who will obviously score goals.

I've been impressed with Whyte taking on the mhedia but it's not enough ... we need players and our lack of business in the transfer market may end up costing us a lot of money

He was the highest scorer in the SPL last season despite only playing half a season and that says a lot.

I agree that giving him a big contract at his age is a risky thing to do but he would have slotted in right away and that's what we need right now

we sold him for pennies and now were looking at strikers who isnt nearly as capable as he was!?

Naismith put the ball wide twice when we needed a goal, there must be a striker ou there that is affordable yet decent enough to get in 1st team????

100 goals a season and I still wouldn't want him at Rangers. I suffer from Bitter Bastard Syndrome. :D

You know casey, 20 or 30 yrs ago I would likely have said the same thing, but in these days of the mercenary, anyone who comes to us and plays a big part in us winning 4 IAR will be my fuckin hero.

My hatred of that wee green toothed bastard across the road, overrides any personal feelings about players or where they've been.

i would of signed him but for no more than what we got for him, besides did he no leave for a reason?......#

he chased the finacial dream which ended in a nightmare for him.

should of stuck with us when he had the chance.

Yes, without a doubt, him and Goodwillie, we shoud lhave went for excitement, goals, feel good factor, and give the whole club a lift. We chose to keep McMillan, Little, Healy, Kerkar and Davie Weir. :anguish:

And Whittaker, who acted (and we chased) like a hard to get wummin, when we really should have just chased him altogether.

"Ahm no stayin here unless you pay me the 20/25k a week that ahm due"... fuckin neck.

And Whittaker, who acted (and we chased) like a hard to get wummin, when we really should have just chased him altogether.

"Ahm no stayin here unless you pay me the 20/25k a week that ahm due"... fuckin neck.

Should have been chased out the door. Holding us to ransom and he cant even pass or control a fucking football.

i would of signed him but for no more than what we got for him, besides did he no leave for a reason?......#

he chased the finacial dream which ended in a nightmare for him.

should of stuck with us when he had the chance.

He was asked to take a huge wage cut, and just like anybody else would have done, including you and me, he said ram that.

Kenny was great for us last season. But he was in a 'good patch'. He also misses sitter after sitter.

Bursa. 5 goals in 15 matches equates to about 11 goals in 38 games. Not a good return imho.

We can and must do better than Kenny.

No. It'd have been horrible business to pay just under a million for Kenny Miller when for not an awful lot more you could get Goodwillie who's 9 years younger and is already much better. Miller made his bed, let him lie in it.

Have to hand it to Jig and Edu. They made Jelavic look like he was worth buttons.

Have to hand it to you mate. Lots has been said about them.. But you have summed it up perfectly. (tu)

We'll see if Ally has any balls soon. One of them must be dropped. I just hope Ally isn;t going to become 'stubborn' just for the sake of it.

Have to hand it to you mate. Lots has been said about them.. But you have summed it up perfectly. (tu)

We'll see if Ally has any balls soon. One of them must be dropped. I just hope Ally isn;t going to become 'stubborn' just for the sake of it.

I honestly dont have a problem with one or the other. I made a big deal the other day about how we're going to have to accept that one or the other will always start.

Both together pisses me off so much because its done at the expense of Steven Davis. No matter what people say about Davis, we are better with him in the middle.

They had a makeshift left back out last night and Ally put a player out there he was never gonna stand right up against that guy. Couldve played Ortiz out there instead of left when he came on.

Wylde Edu Davis Ortiz.

That was how I wouldve started. But Allys the manager and he picks the team so fair enough, Im just surprised he never took jig off and went with this MF for the last 30 minutes.

Wallace had their RB for pace. Imagine Wylde against him?

No

We should avoid signing over 30s on massive wages at all costs

I fear what we are doing is avoiding getting into the Champions league at all costs ... the phrase spoil the ship for a ha'pworth of tar comes to mind.

Having said that if we make a couple of good signings before the second leg then you never know

Are you joking?

Jelavic is pure quality and knows how to find the net but our problem isn't in that area, even with Naismiths poor finishing lately. Jelavic is quick, powerful and a good finisher and has excellent link up play. What is going on with our midfield play?

Put Ortiz and Davis in the middle of the park and we will probably improve with more intelligence in that area.