Would You Sacrifice The Spl Title

thebooler

IF Ally had come in with a massive rebuilding job to be done on a team where players had left or we had won fuck all previously, then sure I think common sense would say IF you sacrifice one season for long term success then overall it's no big deal. However, the squad he has whilst yes clearly needs improving, has still been good enough to win the SPL the last three years and personally I don't see that any other side had significantly improved to a degree that we can't think about winning it again. Plus having that disgusting little bigot across the city lift a title would be an affront to humanity. So I see no reason why Ally can't build on what we have, get the squad into a better position long term and still deliver the SPL.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this question around half way through last season, and I'll ask it again.

Would you be willing to forfeit the SPL Title for this one season, if it meant Ally building his own squad of players, and stamping his mark on his own team?

I NEVER want anything else but the title, but if it meant a good, solid, footballing team being built, which would see us being successful over the next few years, I think I'd grudgingly settle for this after all the negative football we've seen around Ibrox over the past 2/3 seasons.

Would the support give Ally the season he needs to bring in his own players, and mould them into a decent enough team to run away with the title year in, year out? Would we be happy to forfeit the SPL Title if it meant seeing us build a team which would do us proud in European football?

Ally's getting a lot of criticism at the moment, and I feel he WOULD like to make his mark on our team. But he himself may be scared to make the wholesale changes he knows (or should know) are required to move us forward.

Now everybody has their own opinions on every player, but can we really expect to dominate with the likes of Edu, McCulloch, Whittaker and Weir being played week in, week out?

So the question is...................................Would you be prepared to give up this one title if it meant a good, solid, footballing team for the next 4 or 5 years?

No

Now everybody has their own opinions on every player, but can we really expect to dominate with the likes Whittaker and Weir being played week in, week out?

So the question is...................................Would you be prepared to give up this one title if it meant a good, solid, footballing team for the next 4 or 5 years?

Ally gave Whittaker a bumper five year contract so you're kinda contradicting yourself there. Ally obviously sees Whittaker as the future of our team. Ally's also the one who new deals to Weir, Little, Healy, Kerkar, etc. If Rangers get put of of the Champions League by Malmo and the SPL title is over by Christmas Ally should get to fuck.

1st off, 2nd this year means no CL football next year.

2nd, what squad does he need to rebuild??? Yes could do with getting rid of a few players (broadfoot=OMFG!, wier=old, mculloch=old, edu=not suited, healy and beattie= whats the point if they aren't played) but its the same team that won the league.

3rd, won't be a problem if we actually play the players in their preferred position.

4th However i would consider it if 'they' were to be relegated for having an absolute ginger cunt for a manager :)

Most definitely.

We should be looking beyond our own backyard when setting our goals. Building his own team from scratch wouldn't neccessarily mean that we would lose the league either. As we have witnessed in recent years, the majority would not be prepared to wait if it wasn't an instant success.

Most definitely.

We should be looking beyond our own backyard when setting our goals. Building his own team from scratch wouldn't neccessarily mean that we would lose the league either. As we have witnessed in recent years, the majority would not be prepared to wait if it wasn't an instant success.

We have to be prepared to wait. I don't WANT to lose the league to that ugly rattler, but having a manager for more than 10 years in this modern era, is more important than winning one title for me. Where things can go wrong, if when the groans and boos carry on, and a managers hand can be forced to rash decisions in players and tactics. Walter was strong and stubborn enough to do his own thing despite the negative air at Ibrox most of last season and we won the league. Although, I think Ally will be strong enough to 'keep calm and carry on' just like his predecessor.

It's going to take some horrible performances at first, he's learning hard and fast every game. We will be playing catch up all season to the taigs, but we will be victorious when every game is played. Of that I'm sure.

Have faith Bears. I do.

We have to be prepared to wait. I don't WANT to lose the league to that ugly rattler, but having a manager for more than 10 years in this modern era, is more important than winning one title for me. Where things can go wrong, if when the groans and boos carry on, and a managers hand can be forced to rash decisions in players and tactics. Walter was strong and stubborn enough to do his own thing despite the negative air at Ibrox most of last season and we won the league. Although, I think Ally will be strong enough to 'keep calm and carry on' just like his predecessor.

It's going to take some horrible performances at first, he's learning hard and fast every game. We will be playing catch up all season to the taigs, but we will be victorious when every game is played. Of that I'm sure.

Have faith Bears. I do.

I wish I could see some evidence of him learning with every game but he doesn't seem to know what formation to play and the failure to bring in sufficient new players has meant that he can't/won't alter the personnel either.

He needs to be given time, but up until now he hasn't helped himself.

I wish I could see some evidence of him learning with every game but he doesn't seem to know what formation to play and the failure to bring in sufficient new players has meant that he can't/won't alter the personnel either.

He needs to be given time, but up until now he hasn't helped himself.

You will see evidence today brother.

Why can't we have both? Ally should be looking to the future with his signings, but not drastically changing things so that it would jeopardise our league chances. We have a tried and tested core group who have done it all before. Sure there is rust showing, but it doesn't require a total overhaul. A few key positional signing, i.e. Midfield, and we are looking at a very different rangers side. Goodbye negativity, hello Luka Modric ;)

i would allow for certain risks in the knowledge we might loose the title.

for example i would be happy to loan out fleck hutton ness wylde and hemmings and take the risk thet we dont need them in the knowledge they will come back much redier for rangers.