Europa League Seedings

iain1712

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some tricky ties in there and some teams arguably better than Malmo.

Agreed. There are some real banana skins in there. Personally I'm hoping for Shamrock Rovers although I'm not sure that's the cleverest bet considering this suspended ban still hanging over us! :crabflute:

Nothing too difficult in there, we are a better side than bursaspor although need to be on our game.

Those saying rather not be in the Europa league, don't be fucking daft. Its all we have, gives us some European nights, income, helps coefficient and looking at the teams we could go quite far rather than getting pumped off the Barcelona's of this world.

Europa is more our level, only reason I'd prefer to be in Champions league is for the money, prefer a competition we have a chance of getting some good results personally. Give Ally and Whyte a year, get the squad numbers and quality up and have another more prepared and settled crack at champs lge next year.

Nothing too difficult in there, we are a better side than bursaspor although need to be on our game.

Those saying rather not be in the Europa league, don't be fucking daft. Its all we have, gives us some European nights, income, helps coefficient and looking at the teams we could go quite far rather than getting pumped off the Barcelona's of this world.

Europa is more our level, only reason I'd prefer to be in Champions league is for the money, prefer a competition we have a chance of getting some good results personally. Give Ally and Whyte a year, get the squad numbers and quality up and have another more prepared and settled crack at champs lge next year.

the ideal scenario is CL group stages [for the income] finish 3rd [out our depth the further you go on] europa league [with our away record could go far ] i love this competition more of an equal standing not like so called CHAMPIONS LEAGUE what a f.....g joke calling it that champions of sweden and scotland should NEVER have to qualify certainly not TWO rounds in swedens case THREE. GREED IS GOOD cup make the richer RICHER and fuck the rest spread the word UEFA and let other countrys see the best dont know what you are worried about because its mainly the same teams that reach the final anyway

Agree with it being a poor comp at the start but we are a very poor team at the minute as much as it pains me to say it cant see us lasting long in that comp either with the currant squad :anguish:

...yeah, with THIS squad, we should be RAISIN our standards !

Agree with it being a poor comp at the start but we are a very poor team at the minute as much as it pains me to say it cant see us lasting long in that comp either with the currant squad :anguish:

...yeah, with THIS squad, we should be RAISIN our standards !

Amac you better start caring mate...

Its more exciting than watching us vs thr likes of dunfermline or ict anyways!

I never cared for the Europa League but I think we need it this year. Especially if the tims go through.

Let's say we are both in for the same player and if one can offer some European football then that might make a difference.

I think we will draw Anorthosis Famagusta.

We need a good run in the Europa league, we need to improve our overall European record and boost our club coefficient. So we avoid the farce of two qualifying rounds.

We also need Hearts and Celtic to have a decent run this year, now a days the only way were going to attract players like Jelavic, is with us playing European football. Not stuck playing in a two horse race in the SPL.

Unfortunately I agree with some of the other posters.

Europa League is our level. It's been our level for a number of years.

If we had beaten Malmo last night of the eight teams we could have faced IMO we only stood a chance against two.

Out of that list I'd be very disappointed if we don't go through. However there are some teams that are a hell of a lot better than Malmo there, namely Sochaux and Partizan; Mainz are on another level still. We should beat the rest comfortably. If we lose to anyone other than those three over 2 legs then serious questions must be asked.

Unfortunately I agree with some of the other posters.

Europa League is our level. It's been our level for a number of years.

If we had beaten Malmo last night of the eight teams we could have faced IMO we only stood a chance against two.

Which ones?

How the fuck do these Europa League play-offs work anyway? There's 41 teams according to the list

EDIT: My bad. They haven't added the teams from the 2nd and 3rd round qualifiers yet.

We could only have meet 5, would have been seeded.

APOEL, Wisla Krakow, Sturm Graz, Genk and Plzen.

Hard ties but I would have been confident of beating the first 3.

Badly worded post on my part. In retrospect not sure we would beat any!

Agree with everything you say bar the first part, some good teams in there, certainly a few I'd rather avoid.