Gregg Wylde

Ted E Bayer

He played often enough under Walter.

What age is he?18-19 I think he will become a very good player for Rangers. He has the pace and a great crosser of the ball, Hope he gets what he wants.

Another great Rangers myth...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

needs to be offered a decent rise for couple of seasons with achance to review,surely we should know by then if he is good enough to play for us,mind you when he takes a look round murrrry pk he may think he is being hard done by!!!!!

What can we expect when Whittaker can get 20k a week and Broadfoot 10k? For a lad I want in the starting XI every week, is 5k too much to offer? On a 5 year deal? Although if a young player was demanding wages matching an established player, I'd be putting him in his place.

What's worth more Gregg... medals, fan adoration and being remembered as opposed to huge wages and potential obscurity?

spot on kaboobs :P obv if he is demanding then he needs to be put in his place but if a fair offer is put on the table as it should have been then there wouldnt be any trouble atall. looks as if hes an alright kid he will have an agent who will be doing all the talking for him, give the boy what he deserves nothing more nothing less and lets see him back on the left.

"But we have a wage structure for all the Scots boys. When they break into the team they are on pounds 1000- pounds 2000 a week; if they become regulars, they are on pounds 5000-pounds 6000 a week and if they become assets to the team and sign extended contracts, they get between pounds 10,000-pounds 12,000 a week.

more than fare to me. (tu)

Players like McCulloch and Whittaker are contributing nothing and yet they get their big wages and play regular first team football. If i was Wylde, i would have asked for wages around 5k+ p/w. Some fellow bears think this is too much for a player coming from the youth system. Why? He showed that he can play, and today we dont have a better option for the left wing. It would be a shame if the guy get sold just because the management doesnt know how to deal with players.

Players like McCulloch and Whittaker are contributing nothing and yet they get their big wages and play regular first team football. If i was Wylde, i would have asked for wages around 5k+ p/w. Some fellow bears think this is too much for a player coming from the youth system. Why? He showed that he can play, and today we dont have a better option for the left wing. It would be a shame if the guy get sold just because the management doesnt know how to deal with players.

Mcculloch and Whittaker have been key figures in a team that dominated scottish football winning three titles and gettign to a european football...contributed nothing.... :lol: and :lol:

If he won't sign a new deal then good luck and goodbye......say hi to danny wilson for me....

The example we should put to every youngster we have who gives it the "I'm aff to the Premiership" routine.... Wilson cannae even get a game in a friendly now, what a great career move that's been. :rolleyes:

I've seen wages from £12k - £25k/wk quoted for Whittaker - how accurate is your guess?

And given that it's all guess work - how do you conclude there's something 'seriously wrong on the heads' with those charged with running the club?

that's why i said if, cause no one really knows. I think it is bad enough that he was given a 5 year contract in the first place, the boy just can't defend, at times is a real liabiality. Of the last 3 seasons i would say he is by far the weakest of our back 4. I just can't fathom why our management would give such a long term contract to a player who is so inconsistent, it's not like he earned it like mcgregor who is performing heroics on a weekly basis.

to me, it just seems rangers as a club keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I love how many of our "fans" are like, aye he's pish anyway. It'd be totally different if signed a new deal.

It links into how people are saying that Whittaker is a bad player, on the basis he threw a ball at some we swedish minge. So stupid Whittaker is still a good player and will get his form back if our pathetic "support" get off his fucking back.

The example we should put to every youngster we have who gives it the "I'm aff to the Premiership" routine.... Wilson cannae even get a game in a friendly now, what a great career move that's been. :rolleyes:

Thing was if he had stayed at ibrox he would have got plenty of chances....

Not even sure wylde has it to go to bigger and better things, wilson certainly did...and hopefuly still will....i would take him back if we could....

GersPlayerWatch I'd like to stress that I don't know how true that rumour about #GreggWylde is

about 1 hour ago

This is obviously speculation because of his occlusion from the first team.

It took awhile for contracts for our major players to be ironed out. Why should this not be the same?

His final ball is usually utter pish. He has pace to burn sure but.

This tbh, doesn't bother me either way.

If he doesn't want to sign a new deal then let him rot, we shouldn't be aiding a players development if he doesn't want to be here.

As a winger he needs to learn how to dribble and add a bit of skill to his game rather just hit the ball past a player and do him for pace before he starts demanding more wages.

That said I'd be furious as a player earning less than Mr 20+k a week Whittaker next to me in the changing room.

The lad has every right to feel aggrieved, I don't rate him all that highly, still very raw, but he is good enough to get in our first team therefore his wages should reflect that regardless of his age. Left mid has been a nightmare position for us too fill for years, when a young kid comes along with the potential to solve the problem we offer him derogatory wages, where is the sense in that?!

Its not like we can easily go out and get a decent left winger in as his replacement is it? Because we have tried and failed to do that since Neil McCann! He is of far more use to the us than the likes of Beattie, Healy, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Edu, Fleck and soo far looks better than what Ortiz can offer. He'll know this, yet he is getting offered a minuscule sum in comparison. Its all fine and well saying he should show some loyalty, and don't get me wrong i'd love to be getting paid what i earlier described as derogatory wages, but its all relative. Also he has been ignored so far this season, which doesnt help anyone, one could argue his sheer pace and directness could have change the outcome of both the Malmo ties.

If i was him i wouldn't sign a contract either, the club are taking the piss.

I love how many of our "fans" are like, aye he's pish anyway. It'd be totally different if signed a new deal.

It links into how people are saying that Whittaker is a bad player, on the basis he threw a ball at some we swedish minge. So stupid Whittaker is still a good player and will get his form back if our pathetic "support" get off his fucking back.

Fans in sarcastic quotes because they don't rate Gregg Wylde, seriously ?

Gregg Wylde could sign a new contract tomorrow and I still wouldn't rate him.

Im pretty sure the deal we offered is an improved one.

If so, hes being ungrateful..

he is a life long rangers fan, he has been offered £850 a week when john fleck is on £4000, feels under valued. i know this as my brother is a close friend of gregg

Fans in sarcastic quotes because they don't rate Gregg Wylde, seriously ?

Gregg Wylde could sign a new contract tomorrow and I still wouldn't rate him.

Not all fans would be like that, some don't rate him because he's not commitinng his future to the club. All about the present, some are so naive.