John Flecks Value

Loan Ranger

Is John Fleck a multi million pound player?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Is John Fleck a multi million pound player?

• yes
    • no
    • i laughed when i read this

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleck is not worth anything more than a couple of hundred grand. How could anyone reasonably justify him being worth a couple of million? It's not the case of "but he hasn't had the chance"; it's the case that in the chances he's had he's done nothing to hold down a place and nothing to merit such a price tag.

John Fleck has POTENTIAL to be good. When Messi was 17/18 and hadn't broken into the Barca team yet should he have been shifted for a few hundred grand?

If Liverpool had offered £250K for Danny Wilson 3 seasons ago half of this board would have demanded it was accepted because we hadn't really seen what he could do. 1 year later and he went for around £5 million.

English teams pay a fortune for 'potentially' good players. Look at Sunderland (£10mill + for Conner Wickam) and Arsenal (Again £10mill + for Oxley Chamberlaind (yes I know that's not how its spelled!)). These are very young guys with a most a season of first team football in Championship or League 1 and they go for fortunes because of potential. We are so quick to snap up the smallest shitiest offers for anyone that we lose many a player for peanuts, when English teams would be demanding fortunes.

Andy Carrol was never worth £35million, but Liverpool paided it because they believe he has the potential to be. The English transfer market is overinflated, and quite frankly ridiculous at times. Let's take advantage of it. If Blackpool say he's £500K for Fleck, how about we actually reject the offer and aim high.

John Fleck is not worth 4 or 5 million at the moment, but he could be. He's only what 18 or 19? Give him time and he could be good, punt him at 19 for £500K because he isn't Wayne Rooney yet and we will be the ones that could regret it.

PS - on a side note, someone raised the point that we get on the Scottish players backs too much. I comepletely agree. Adam took it tight and was forced out, now he plays for Liverpool. There was a time when Hutton's confidence was so rattled by so many Gers on his back that we couldn't have punted him for free. A bit of encouragement from Walter and he went for £9 million.

Even against Man Utd last year at home when Kyle Hutton misplaced a pass early doors the ground were on his back. Even Wylde has been taking stick for 'being a tim' (which was incorrect) and 'a 1 trick pony' recently.

These are young guys who have potential to be good players and they know what it means to play for Rangers. Let's encourage them and see them develop before writing them off.

John Fleck has POTENTIAL to be good. When Messi was 17/18 and hadn't broken into the Barca team yet should he have been shifted for a few hundred grand?

If Liverpool had offered £250K for Danny Wilson 3 seasons ago half of this board would have demanded it was accepted because we hadn't really seen what he could do. 1 year later and he went for around £5 million.

English teams pay a fortune for 'potentially' good players. Look at Sunderland (£10mill + for Conner Wickam) and Arsenal (Again £10mill + for Oxley Chamberlaind (yes I know that's not how its spelled!)). These are very young guys with a most a season of first team football in Championship or League 1 and they go for fortunes because of potential. We are so quick to snap up the smallest shitiest offers for anyone that we lose many a player for peanuts, when English teams would be demanding fortunes.

Andy Carrol was never worth £35million, but Liverpool paided it because they believe he has the potential to be. The English transfer market is overinflated, and quite frankly ridiculous at times. Let's take advantage of it. If Blackpool say he's £500K for Fleck, how about we actually reject the offer and aim high.

John Fleck is not worth 4 or 5 million at the moment, but he could be. He's only what 18 or 19? Give him time and he could be good, punt him at 19 for £500K because he isn't Wayne Rooney yet and we will be the ones that could regret it.

PS - on a side note, someone raised the point that we get on the Scottish players backs too much. I comepletely agree. Adam took it tight and was forced out, now he plays for Liverpool. There was a time when Hutton's confidence was so rattled by so many Gers on his back that we couldn't have punted him for free. A bit of encouragement from Walter and he went for £9 million.

Even against Man Utd last year at home when Kyle Hutton misplaced a pass early doors the ground were on his back. Even Wylde has been taking stick for 'being a tim' (which was incorrect) and 'a 1 trick pony' recently.

These are young guys who have potential to be good players and they know what it means to play for Rangers. Let's encourage them and see them develop before writing them off.

So what has Fleck shown to you ability wise to put any faith in him?

Im not talking of his potential when he played schoolboy football. I mean here and now in the professional game.

So what has Fleck shown to you ability wise to put any faith in him?

Im not talking of his potential when he played schoolboy football. I mean here and now in the professional game.

Exactly.

Guys like AOC, Wickham and Carroll were poor examples to use because they got their big money moves based on a combination of potential and what they had already shown in the first team too.

Wilson looked like a class act from the off and that's why we got three million for him and Ness appears to be following a similar path too.

Fleck hasn't had many opportunities, but when he has had them he hasn't been impressive at all.

i,ve never rated him never seen what the big fuss was with him, we have a few youngster players at ibrox just now miles ahead of him in ability and attitude...we should loan him out for a season maybe that would be the making of him i can't see it though i just see a waster in john fleck.

It would be hard to put a real valuation on him just now, we all know he has potential so value has to be added due to that but we need to see more of him before we can put a real value on him. I hope to see him out on loan for a season as he really does need regular game time somewhere to help aid his step up to our first team, 10 minutes here and there as a sub for us really wont help him.

Barry Bannan is being linked with a £1 million move to Blackpool, at this moment in time we'd be looking for around the same price.

ermmm....no. Barry Bannan has been impressive in the EPL, the championship and for Scotland.

If he goes for £1m, that is a bargain!

Anyone who thinks we could sell Fleck for more than about 500k is living in dreamland.

Barry Bannan is being linked with a £1 million move to Blackpool, at this moment in time we'd be looking for around the same price.

Surely they're going to laugh off a bid like that. Bannan's worth at least £3 million by EPL standards.

ermmm....no. Barry Bannan has been impressive in the EPL, the championship and for Scotland.

If he goes for £1m, that is a bargain!

Anyone who thinks we could sell Fleck for more than about 500k is living in dreamland.

Could be wrong but Bannan contract has a year left on it, hence why he's been linked at this price. Top player though and is above Fleck in terms of stature in the game the now.

Fleck has some time left on his contract and is still classed as potential with some European experience. We would be silly not to be looking for around the £1million mark plus add on's. If we decided to sell that is.

Fleck hasn't had many opportunities, but when he has had them he hasn't been impressive at all.

I wouldn't say that. When he first came into the team and had a run of 4 or 5 games (sure he scored during this run too) there was talk of a Scotland call up and of course the hype went into overload as usual in this country.

He plays for Rangers, a team that has some of the most demanding fans in the world and constant pressure to deliver, I think he could easily play and do well in the Championship or League one. I'm sure he could star for Southampton. Again, I'm not saying he is a great player or is worth millions, I'm saying that he has potential to be and that often Rangers let youngsters with potential go for next to nothing, while English clubs fight to keept them and get huge fees.

I think selling Fleck for anything under £3 million would be bad business. He has potential to be worth a lot more - see Charlie Adam. A player with talent, but maybe not the best attitude, the fans are on his back and he needs a change of scenery. Putting Fleck on loan is a smart move, selling him for £500K isn't in my opinion.

Could be wrong but Bannan contract has a year left on it, hence why he's been linked at this price. Top player though and is above Fleck in terms of stature in the game the now.

Fleck has some time left on his contract and is still classed as potential with some European experience. We would be silly not to be looking for around the £1million mark plus add on's. If we decided to sell that is.

True, I like Bannan and wouldn't be selling him if I was Villa and definitely not for £1m.

As for Fleck, seems like we are talking about different things as I was thinking about what we would get for him in the transfer market as opposed to what price we should accept which are hugely different things.

I reckon we should pay some Blue Square League team to take him off the wage bill !!!

Majorly over-hyped player who has no pace and very little skill, maybe because he was always played wide and is more central we never saw the best of him but for the amount of flack some players get Fleck goes a little un-noticed with his below par performances whenever he plays !!!

Great response.

I hope you're right, mate.