***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

When you take over Rangers you are in charge of an institution and you have responsiblity and duty and im afraid Whyte has failed on this part.

Sure he bailed us out in an hour of need and gave promises of financing new signings.

To me he seems out his depth, his transfer negotiation team have humiliated and disappointed.

We wanted to move forward in swashbuckling style but this has not happened.

To take charge at Rangers Football Club he must have known expectations and as far as i am concerned he has not delivered.

The manager cant be blamed as he has not been backed.

Aye it's Craig Whyte's fault we have been saddled with an immediate tax bill of £2.8m

It's also his fault we may be saddled with another tax bill for about 10 times that amount.

It's also his fault the players coming in are not of the standard of Messi or Ronaldo.

And after all he did allow McCoist to bring in 6 new players and resign another 8 but hey why let the facst get in the way of another "Let's bash the Chairman" thread.

He may not be perfect and he may or may not make us a better club but i sure as hell couldn't put up with anymore of the shite we had to endure under the previous Chairman...sorry lying Charlatan.

We are a huge club burdened with playing in a backwater league that is of little interest to the better players.

The sooner people wisen up with their expectations the better.

Youll be one of those rangers fans who only go to ibrox so u can have a good moan at everything, actually hoping everything goes wrong so u can moan!

Not at all. I'm one of those Rangers fans who thinks the club died on 10th July 1989 and everything thats happened since has been just a figment of my imagination.

I can't understand this anti Craig Whyte stuff. If he hadn't bought us we would have already sold mcgregor Davis Whittaker jelavic wylde and boogy. Who do u all want him to sign. The days of a laudrup are gone. We may occasionally get lucky but it will be occasionally. The boy from anderlecht. We bid to our limit and moved on. We would have cuellar if fit. I don't believe Goodwillie would have signed for us. Same with Conway. We have a budget. But if we can get a bocanegra for peanuts or break the bank for the anderlect defender I'll gladly take the yank. If we sell jelavic. It'll be for major money. That's why we bought him. We knew we could sell at a profit. It's how we are going to have to operate. Buy develop sell. Better still. Develop our own and sell. We need to think Ajax. Not chelsea.

I ask any that think Whyte is bad for us. Ur in charge who would u buy? How much wid u spend?

Personally I look forward to the day where rangers back four could be Wallace Wilson perry McMillan. Midfield of Wylde ness Hutton and Naismith. With jelavic and hemmings up front. Not necessarily those players. But a team of eight home grown players and three bought in for what? Seven million.

Forget transfers for big names. Development is the way to make rangers future bright.

Not only do i think Craig Whyte was waiting to get in to europe before he spent in the transfer window. I beleive he has been watching his manager very closely. We all know that Ally McCoist was probablly not his first choice as manager but it was only fair to give McCoist the opportunity.

So with that in mind if you were Craig Whyte would you throw all your money at a manager that both you and the fans know might not be the right man to take Rangers to the next level?

Whyte is obviosly waiting for McCoist to f*** up in the first old firm of the season, and when that happens McCoist's gone and the money will be getting spent in January under a new manager with fresh ideas.

Despite what people are saying about Craig Whyte i honestly think he has Rangers best interests at heart and has a long term plan for the club.

Not only do i think Craig Whyte was waiting to get in to europe before he spent in the transfer window. I beleive he has been watching his manager very closely. We all know that Ally McCoist was probablly not his first choice as manager but it was only fair to give McCoist the opportunity.

So with that in mind if you were Craig Whyte would you throw all your money at a manager that both you and the fans know might not be the right man to take Rangers to the next level?

Whyte is obviosly waiting for McCoist to f*** up in the first old firm of the season, and when that happens McCoist's gone and the money will be getting spent in January under a new manager with fresh ideas.

Despite what people are saying about Craig Whyte i honestly think he has Rangers best interests at heart and has a long term plan for the club.

What makes it obvious?

It will be scandalous if McCoist is sacked for anything other than serious shortcomings in the SPL. Not simply because of an Old Firm defeat. When it all comes down to it, we the fans decide when it's time for McCoist to go. McCoist will know himself.

Whyte owns fucking Rangers are you trying to tell people that he doesnt have enough power if he didnt like McCoist to say at the outset its no deal unless i pick who will be manager.

Im not saying he didn't like McCoist im saying he probably felt the same as the rest of us and was sceptical. McCoist was always going to be a 50/50 shot. But as i said before it was only fair to give McCoist the opportunity.

McCoist was appointed my murray and not Whyte. Why would he give the money to him when he didnt choose him?

If Whyte didn't want Ally as Manager he could have got rid, but with Ally being a club Legend Whyte maybe didn't want to become so unpopular with the fans so early into his tenure.

Whyte statement to shareholders says 5m for team investment we havent spent 5m just over 1m , thats why fans are going to get on Whytes back and this was stated before European Qualifiers started. He should have backed Ally if not he should have been man enough to punt him.

Garbage, utter garbage.

This "theory" that Whyte will spend dramatically in January is also garbage.

We are on course for a, what?, £17m loss this year or something compared to last year? There is no way he will sanction cash and plunge us back into financial uncertainty.

The squad we have is more than capable of winning the SPL title when fully fit, we shouldn't need any drastic additions.

Doing to much to the team too soon could back fire.

If Whyte didn't want Ally as Manager he could have got rid, but with Ally being a club Legend Whyte maybe didn't want to become so unpopular with the fans so early into his tenure.

Whyte statement to shareholders says 5m for team investment we havent spent 5m just over 1m , thats why fans are going to get on Whytes back and this was stated before European Qualifiers started. He should have backed Ally if not he should have been man enough to punt him.

So in a way you agree with what im saying?

Complete bollocks.

No way Whyte has had some kind of masterplan to sack Ally all along. That was a tim invention exploiting the fact Ally was appointed before the takeover.

Only a fecking moron would consider such a potty idea.

I didn't say he had some masterplan to sack Ally! All i said was he has been watching him closely as we all have and has been reluctant to give all of the money to an inexperienced manager.