Fernando Torres

ClintonGrey

He apparently had a private interview with a Spanish reporter calling his teammates 'old and slow' among other things.

Also the cocaine thing, channel 4 at 8pm tonight.

Mate what is that in your sig? I've seen it a few times and there is a guy in it that looks like Limmy. Is it the Limmy show?

Sad to see how far his star has fallen, from being mentioned as one of the best strikers in the world, to a player who seemingly couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. I always thought his move from Liverpool wouldn't go well... with the way Liverpool built their team around him, to Chelsea where he had to adapt to a system in which he is never the main man. If he had stayed at Liverpool - who knows? Suarez and Torres up front would have been the best strike force in the premiership imo...

I believe that Suarez was being brought in as a partner, due to the fact that Liverpool were heavily reliant on him (Torres), and when he was injured they struggled badly, but then Torres wanted a transfer, and thats why they had to buy Andy Carroll at such a high price, because Suarez hadn't fully joined yet (Work permit among other problems) and had they not brought in Carroll, they could potentially have played the rest of the season with only N'Gog. Thats why i believe they paid such a high price for Caroll, and that they wanted so much money for Torres so they could bring in another player very quickly. I think it was just a bonus that the Torres fee also covered a large amount of Suarez fee as well.