Would The Rangers Fans Bail Out The Club?

Colonel Mustard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of thread has been done before and shot down quickly, Refreshing to see this positive issue being constructively discussed.

There is no doubt 10,000 fans would pay £500 for a share. If you could get another 50,000 to make a £20 donation for the cause - suddenly, the potential 'big tax' bill looks manageable.

Turning it on its head then. If we took over 250,000 fans to Manchester. Had around 35,000 inside Ibrox. Not to mention the tens of thousands who watched it in pubs , clubs, masonic halls, orange halls and then the thousands all over North America,Australia, New Zealand etc. Then i see no reason why a share issue wouldn't work.

However it is not simply about issuing a plea for money and HOPING the fans donate.

What Whyte (or indeed any owner) has to do is engage thoroughly with the fans and the various groups outlining in precise detail his plans for the club. He has to listen to what the fans want and if they tell him for example they want a standing area inside the ground...or they want the media dealt with properly...or they want the club to tell the police and stewards to back off...or whatever then he has to win the faith and trust of the fans first before he will get his rewards.

And Rangers could quite easily get a major finance company to underwrite this issue where say a fan takes out a loan for £500 and the money immediately goes to Rangers then they pay it off over an agreed period of time with a low interest rate on top say 2% to 5%. This enable the finance company to underwrite the issue and make a small operating profit to cover costs.

I have no doubts that once Whyte outlines his plans and engages with the fans on a proper one to one basis he will get a colossal amount back in return.

What is paramount though is that the fans must see what the money is going to be spent on before they part with their cash.

Do all that and i see no reason why upwards of 250,000 fans couldn't invest at least a minimum of £100 right away bringing in a much needed £25m. Along with investment from big hitters and companies who are sympathetic to Rangers i have absolutely no doubts we could raise some mind blowing figures to turn around the club once and for all.

How much did the filth fans put in can you show us details as i remember it McCannn used his own money as they were almost bankrupt no help from the filth materialised.

I'm sure you have the facts to hand as you have made the claim.

Dempsey was supposed to put in an agreed figure of x amount of millions and McCann would supply the majority of it. Being the liar and philanderer that he is Dempsey renaged on his part of the deal hence why McCann dropped him like a stone.

What i do seem to recall was once McCann was in he then went to the fans asking them to underwrite a share issue which they did big time. And again from memory i think there were another two after that but those were under Desmond and O'Neill????

I'd be willing to buy more shares in a healthy Rangers, although not under an umbrella of a rst for example.

i will not buy shares in the club to pay a tax bill for a man who bought the club for £1.....it's now his responsability to sort that out...he got the club for £1 for a reason

I'd be willing to buy 500-1k pounds worth of shares. Actually, would be willing to do that every year if it would help buy quality players.

Think you've missed the point, the money is not for players - solely to get us out a hole. And if Whyte is true to his word, we won't need money for signings - we're a selling club now!

Dempsey was supposed to put in an agreed figure of x amount of millions and McCann would supply the majority of it. Being the liar and philanderer that he is Dempsey renaged on his part of the deal hence why McCann dropped him like a stone.

What i do seem to recall was once McCann was in he then went to the fans asking them to underwrite a share issue which they did big time. And again from memory i think there were another two after that but those were under Desmond and O'Neill????

Spot on there . McCann had actually tried before in a leading accountancy firms boardroom, When McCann produced a Bankers receipt showin 500k deposited as a fighting fund, the person you name was present but never coughed up and the two other prominent fans also remained quiet . He asked each of them to write a cheque for 250k to cover fees and if successful they would get the money back . No cheques written all they wanted to know is what position they would have on the board. Wee man laughed and used them then binned them lol

Livingstone springs to mind re next move for one or two of the rebels :D

Spot on there . McCann had actually tried before in a leading accountancy firms boardroom, When McCann produced a Bankers receipt showin 500k deposited as a fighting fund, the person you name was present but never coughed up and the two other prominent fans also remained quiet . He asked each of them to write a cheque for 250k to cover fees and if successful they would get the money back . No cheques written all they wanted to know is what position they would have on the board. Wee man laughed and used them then binned them lol

Livingstone springs to mind re next move for one or two of the rebels :D

Ah the Life of Brian...he's not the messiah he's just a naughty boy.

As for Dominic and McGuinness and the rest of them ...a bunch of two bit shysters.

The drink name wrong but drink is good when refrigerated :dry:

I am referring to Keane and John McGuinness who to be fair was naive rather than dodgy.

The other name that is always lauded as some kind of hero is bum boy McGlone. The Odious Creeps live in lover for a while.

Adoniram did Desmond and has pal Eddie Jordan put money in to bail them out.

Adoniram did Desmond and has pal Eddie Jordan put money in to bail them out.

I know Desmond did and i think there was some link with Jordan when he owned the racing team. Don't have the figures to hand but they did have a major rights issue for preferred shareholders which O'Squeel still gets a dividend from to this day.

I'd be willing to buy more shares in a healthy Rangers, although not under an umbrella of a rst for example.

i will not buy shares in the club to pay a tax bill for a man who bought the club for £1.....it's now his responsability to sort that out...he got the club for £1 for a reason

This is also very important to me, and I'm sure a good few others. (tu)

if most rangers fans put in £50 we would be all good........ 1k-5k is just to much for your average person.

really they should have a option to pay £50 a year or something and the money goes straight to the team. depending the amount of people to sign up.

When the tarriers almost went to the wall, the mutants put their money in to pull their club's arse out of the fire.

Would the Rangers fans put our hands in our pockets to do the same, if it looked like we were going under?

I'd be in like a shot to buy as many shares (or whatever) as I could afford.

Yes I would put it all i could afford , already a shareholder.