Idea For Transfer Funds

WhosTheDado

I was listening to the real radio phone in yesterday and a guy phoned in with an idea which I think could help us have a guaranteed transfer fund each season. This has probably been discussed before but here we go. Basically it was suggested that fans could put £10 a month directly into a transfer fund with it to be solely used to buy players. I know it's tough economic times at the moment and of course we already pay for season tickets, merchandise, travel etc, but how satisfying would it be to know that we; the fans could buy a player. Numbers wise, 50,000 people would generate £6 million a season but that could be optimistic. So if half that amount contributed we would generate £3 million which would mean a Jelavic type signing each season. No doubt people will shoot this idea down and that's fine but this would help us particularly in years where we don't make it into europe and there's no money to buy players. Thoughts?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the real radio phone in yesterday and a guy phoned in with an idea which I think could help us have a guaranteed transfer fund each season. This has probably been discussed before but here we go. Basically it was suggested that fans could put £10 a month directly into a transfer fund with it to be solely used to buy players. I know it's tough economic times at the moment and of course we already pay for season tickets, merchandise, travel etc, but how satisfying would it be to know that we; the fans could buy a player. Numbers wise, 50,000 people would generate £6 million a season but that could be optimistic. So if half that amount contributed we would generate £3 million which would mean a Jelavic type signing each season. No doubt people will shoot this idea down and that's fine but this would help us particularly in years where we don't make it into europe and there's no money to buy players. Thoughts?

:mutley: your having a laugh or your a mad tim who's just came over the leverndale wall :p20:

:mutley: your having a laugh or your a mad tim who's just came over the leverndale wall :p20:

Aye right pal. I just thought it was a refreshing idea to help us see some more quality at Ibrox but as one poster as already pointed out there's nothing to safeguard us against a Beattie type signing. :disappointment:

Agreed.

There is a good debate that fans should get more entertainment and value for the money spent on a season ticket alone!

Whyte needs to do what he spoke about in cutting costs especially in wages/bonuses, with sales in merchandise, ticket sales, sponsorship, tv deals. prize money etc we should not have to fork out more money.

We must make at least £24 million on season ticket and shirt sales every summer.

Good debate indeed ! The boring football is already having a knock on effect on me.

It most certainly needs to be looked at, I'd say our top priority, for me, would be to start playing nicer football. If that means a few Seasons of a transition mode then so be it.

Not everyone is able to go to the match every week and contribute.

We have enough fractions in our support. We don't need a 'Well I paid for that new player, did you give your hard earned money for him?!'.

The Club are responsible for utilising our money and spending it wisely. Not the fans.

I'll be honest there has been times I've really thought about not renewing my season ticket due to the style of football. Don't expect to play like Barcelona however with the wages the players are on I expect to see attacking passing football, not long ball with a defensive style of the 4-5-1.

Likewise. Grinding out every game has an impact on you. It really needs to change, especially when you're forking out almost £600 just for 18 home games.

Not to mention, away games, European games & the cups !

It could work if the fans owned the club.

I think you're a tim.

i reckon that this could happen as an add on to our season tickets, it could only be spent by the club the season after the current season, if the set target is made the club can spend,if the amount doesnt meet its target then we get the money deducted from our season ticket transaction the folowing year.

ie. if i were to add £10 to my season tickets this year(june 11) and the club had all year to raise 3 million then spend for july 12 transfer window.

i would like to think that if anything did happen like this, that we would not get taken for fools and our money getting abused for anything other than a marquee signing that we deserve. yes wages and add ons etc will no doubt arise but something along the lines of this must be possible.