Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy is 19/20. And regardless of what anyone thinks, is a good prospect. Needs to work on his distribution. This to me is like Wylde is gonna be the new scapegoat for abuse now Edu is coming onto a game... Which is fucking shite and moronic.

Either that or GOAT is on a fishing expedition.

this is an example of idiot boo boys turning on our own. like Hutton and Adam.

it scares me how little some people know about football.

last night I even heard edu motm he was pish.

Turning on our own? Any player at any club tends to get turned on if they're not performing, not a fan of scapegoats like Edu seemed to have become before his last few games but stick is part of being a footballer, Wylde can't expect to not get some considering the horrendous crosses he puts in.

Wylde? is that the young lad that ran his arse off the other night and scored the killer goal.

Hear what you say, we shouldn't be giving young guys game time and the opportunity to learn their craft - we should never be patient with their development or support them in any way - The club should spend £30K a week for us to watch Diouf do fuck all but kiss the jersey then at least we'll know for definite that the young players will never get a chance!

Close down Murray Park NOW!!!!

I wouldn't go that far, but he's certainly over-rated. His goal last night masked a somewhat average performance.

wingers are going to be average sometimes. the good ones mask it with that vital contribution.

like running the length of the park to score the vital second or crossing for the only goal at tannadice.

then the play like deamons against celtc.

He is the only guy remotely near a proper winger we have, he has pace and is also one of the few players we have who can take on a man / beat a man. As has been said, teams are starting to double-up on him which is already creating space for the team even when he's not on the ball.

All that said, we have looked a far better team with more options when he has played and dare I say has contributed far, far more to the team and it's current league position than quite a few who'll be on a higher salery than he will.

His overall record for Rangers in all competitions, by my reckoning, is 20 starts, 14 sub appearances, 2 goals, 11 assists.

Since his first start, against Dundee United last season (2-3 loss), we've played 15 league games, winning 13, drawing 1 and losing 1, scoring 38 and conceding six (with Wylde in the starting XI).

He's got a lot to learn, needs game time a guidance, has to stop trying to win the game with every attack. Don't be afraid to keep possession and build pressure.

Give him time before making judgement - if he's not got it, it will be found out - but, while he pulls on a Rangers jersey let's get behind him.

He is the only guy remotely near a proper winger we have, he has pace and is also one of the few players we have who can take on a man / beat a man. As has been said, teams are starting to double-up on him which is already creating space for the team even when he's not on the ball.

All that said, we have looked a far better team with more options when he has played and dare I say has contributed far, far more to the team and it's current league position than quite a few who'll be on a higher salery than he will.

He has no technique, no skills, nothing. Then throw in the fact that he can't cross a ball and you basically have a typical fast young Scottish player who will end up playing for someone shite like Dundee United or Aberdeen.

His overall record for Rangers in all competitions, by my reckoning, is 20 starts, 14 sub appearances, 2 goals, 11 assists.

Since his first start, against Dundee United last season (2-3 loss), we've played 15 league games, winning 13, drawing 1 and losing 1, scoring 38 and conceding six (with Wylde in the starting XI).

Exactly! Nuff said. Delete thread

He has no technique, no skills, nothing. Then throw in the fact that he can't cross a ball and you basically have a typical fast young Scottish player who will end up playing for someone shite like Dundee United or Aberdeen.

He can cross a ball, just not with enough consistancy yet. It's basically an outright lie to say he can't cross a ball well.

I'm all for giving players stick when they're due and deserving of that stick, but as pointed out already in this thread, the kid has made a fair contribution to the team since breaking into it.

Sure, had his crossing been better and if he had the ability to do a few tricks then he might have made an even bigger contribution but we're talking about a kid who had not long turned 19 since breaking into the team. In my eyes he should be afforded time to develop further and add to his game. Especially considering the favourable stats in regards to his contribution thus far in his short career.

The myth that he can't cross is just that. He is inconsistent in the same way that jelavic and Davis are. We dont have world class players who produce their top form every game

Fucking kill me now.

Wydle is consistently awful.

What do you like? You have to be the most negative poster I have ever seen.

He can cross a ball, just not with enough consistancy yet. It's basically an outright lie to say he can't cross a ball well.

I'm all for giving players stick when they're due and deserving of that stick, but as pointed out already in this thread, the kid has made a fair contribution to the team since breaking into it.

Sure, had his crossing been better and if he had the ability to do a few tricks then he might have made an even bigger contribution but we're talking about a kid who had not long turned 19 since breaking into the team. In my eyes he should be afforded time to develop further and add to his game. Especially considering the favourable stats in regards to his contribution thus far in his short career.

I would love to see his cross completion stats. He CAN cross a ball, but it is so infrequent to the point that I would suggest that consistently his crosses are awful.