Steven Naismith

KBOO72

Morning guys , I haven't been on since yesterday morning with the site crashing and was just wondering if anybodys heard anything on the severity of naisys injury .

I think the normal practises is to wait for the swelling to go down with this type of injury so it might be today before we hear any news but thought I'd ask just incase Antibes heard anything .

SSN where reporting its not as bad as first feared. Could be back by early new year. I suppose he will probably geta scan today or tomorrow and should know by then.

The problem is, if it is his cruciate again, this will be his 3rd time doing it, which is not good.

With the major advances in medical treatments these days , is there any way a cruciate can be replaced rather than rebuilt yet again . I'm sure I've read somewhere about replacing tendons and ligaments .

Is it the same knee he's injured all three times ?

With the major advances in medical treatments these days , is there any way a cruciate can be replaced rather than rebuilt yet again . I'm sure I've read somewhere about replacing tendons and ligaments .

Not sure mate

Really hope it isn't his ACL that's gone. That's what it looked like. Was it not Naismith who got stamped in the cup a couple of years back and when he carried on a few minutes later his knee went? This seemed exactly the same.

You would really fear for the lad if it's ruptured again. Hopefully we get good news on this. He has been fantastic for us this season.

No, different one apparently.

if thats the case then I suppose it's a shred of possitivity as doing the same knee 3 times may just be too much .

I really hope it's not as bad as first thought although when he went down the second time yesterday I immediately thought of the queen of the south game .

Hopefully it's his medial ligaments rather than cruciate which would mean 6-8 weeks out.

when he first went down after the initial tackle the physio was working on the inside of the knee as the weeman was gesturing to that area, if it is medial great news (if you get my drift), if that is the case then 6-8 weeks and a return in the new year sounds consistent, fingers crossed

The ligament has to be rebuilt and after that it simply takes time to heal.

You can use the hamstring graft or the patellar tendon to do it. The hamstring graft leaves less damage in terms if scarring and pain because it all done by keyhole surgery but if they use the patellar they have to open you up down your shin.

I'm in the middle of rehabbing my own cruciate ligament injury so I know just about everything there is to know about ACL injuries :lol:

What disgusted me is he was checked out by our physio only to be allowed back onto the pitch then to collapse.

I was not fully aware of the nature of his previous injuries but surely if there was any concern he should not have been allowed back on the pitch?

Yeah, hindsight blah blah blah, but with regard to player safety i would prefer a more causious approach.

I'm disgusted with our physio. :(

What disgusted me is he was checked out by our physio only to be allowed back onto the pitch then to collapse.

I was not fully aware of the nature of his previous injuries but surely if there was any concern he should not have been allowed back on the pitch?

Yeah, hindsight blah blah blah, but with regard to player safety i would prefer a more causious approach.

I'm disgusted with our physio. :(

TBH, after I saw the initial challenge, I was very worried for him and very concerned that he returned to play so soon. I was genuinely focused on his movement with great concern because I remember the time at Hampden when he played on and collapsed. So I watched with fear as those concerns sadly came to fruition.

I really wish he hadn't played on. It almost seemed obvious to me.

TBH, after I saw the initial challenge, I was very worried for him and very concerned that he returned to play so soon. I was genuinely focused on his movement with great concern because I remember the time at Hampden when he played on and collapsed. So I watched with fear as those concerns sadly came to fruition.

I really wish he hadn't played on. It almost seemed obvious to me.

I think your correct. Im sure it was in similar circumstances as yesterday he got hurt at Hampden. An initial injury, then playing through the pain before collapsing again.

He is too eager and determined for his own good at times. Similar to Kevin Thomson. Always willing to risk himself whe sometimes its best to just pull out of the challenge.

When Davis played that poor pass to him I thought to myself "Don't risk it Naisy" then he goes in and hurts himself due to his committed nature.

Then he gets up and comes back on when he probably shouldn't have which just highlights how much he cares and wants to be part of the team. Its a shame his effort and desire has resulted in him getting hurt.

I genuinely felt sick when dropped like that. Hope its not as bad as we all think it is.

I've got an Aberdeen fan on my Facebook and he's posted a video of the challenge, his comment was "I don't normally wish injury on anyone but after that challenge the little bastard deserved to get injured, hopefully out for a while"

They are all scum, feel free to add him.