that tackle on durrant!

RFC55

I am in work and just looked at todays daily record! Did anything actaully happen to simpson 4 it? The anger and hatred in his face whilst looking at durrants leg before going right through him is actually pretty shocking! What a fucking horrific picture

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in work and just looked at todays daily record! Did anything actaully happen to simpson 4 it? The anger and hatred in his face whilst looking at durrants leg before going right through him is actually pretty shocking! What a fucking horrific picture

Why is it in the record mate?

It was definately pre-meditated , fair enough if your going into a tackle fully commited but jeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssssssssss christ that was something you would have seen in a square go . Horrific , and still their scummy fans sing and glorify the cunt , not a word said , SICKENING .NO SURRENDER

The picture makes the challenge look a lot worse than it actually was, bit like the Naismith on Milsom stillframe/picture as opposed to the film of it, I'm not saying it wasn't a hard challenge but I don't believe for a minute it was meant, the lead up to it saw some pretty hefty challenges from both sides too.

I've know Neil for years as I coach a youth team in Aberdeen, you'll be hard found to find a more down to earth friendly person who bends over backwards to help people out (even in his spare time), sorry if that bursts the bubble of your image of the man.

Another thing of to note was he was never sent off in his entire career, some achievement for a midfielder imo.

Both sides should let it rest, he has suffered just as much as Durrant for that challenge, he was forced out of Scottish football and was denied a testimonial despite winning two European trophies and spending over 15 years at Pittodrie, this continued mud raking of the tackle only keeps the animosity going.

I actually registered to post this message as I usually only read but felt strongly on the matter, both sides need to let it lie.

An apology from the man himself might have made a greater impact than an apology from a sheep-shagging cunt.

By the way, that he was never sent off in his career is hardly something that goes in his favour in this instance, given that he clearly should have been sent off for the tackle in question. If I put you out of work for three years and then say "I've never put anyone out of work for three years before now", that doesn't make it any better.

EDIT: In the original post I called Daytripping a well-meaning Aberdeen fan. This was prior to him outing himself as a sheep-shagging cunt. I have amended my post appropriately.

Fucking hell, how the hell did he get away with that?!

Although you could see a bad tackle coming in the build to that tackle.

in todays game every one of those tackles could have been worthy of a red. it's in clips like that you realise how much the games changed.

He has apologised directly to Ian Durrant and is on friendly speaking terms with him these days, they see each quite regulary due to their respective involvements in their clubs youth teams.

Interesting. Durrant claimed for a long time that Simpson never apologised to him. If that has changed in recent years then fair enough. How disappointing that it took so long. And how disappointing that a significant proportion of your support like to sing about how terrific it was rather than taking a leaf out of "Simmo's" book and putting it in the past.

Fucking hell, how the hell did he get away with that?!

Although you could see a bad tackle coming in the build to that tackle.

Like you, I had never seen it. I decided to YouTube it yesterday so I could say I had.

It's probably one of the worst "tackles" that I've ever seen.

Like you, I had never seen it. I decided to YouTube it yesterday so I could say I had.

It's probably one of the worst "tackles" that I've ever seen.

It's up there with the Roy Keane one on that City player, can't remember his name.

You seen that? Horrible challenge.