***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

Massive game for us. We will be under pressure as the last time we dropped points was after an international break at home to a team we were expected to beat. St Johnstone have a new manager which will make it harder for us as players always give 110% in the first game as they want to impress their new manager. We can win but it will not be easy and we will need to be at our best. Much as I would love to see Inverness beat the scum I reckon the Jammy pricks will scrape a lucky win to bring the gap down to 9 points. After today they play twice before we kick a ball again. If we were to lose today and they win today and win their next 2 games we could go to kilmarnock only 3 points ahead. Unlikely but still possible.I hope super ally has hammered this into the players. We must not let up for one second today. We need to keep the pressure on the scum.

That last games at ibrox apart from OF to be on telly was the hearts and dundee utd ones from the last few games of last season. I can't really remember when before that though.

I remember Aberdeen been on the telly in the 08/09 season where we won 2-1 and Lafferty got "headbutted" by Mulgrew :lol:

RANGERS are hoping it's three cheers for the red, white and blue today as all three Americans start against St Johnstone.

There is a USA theme to today's clash with the Perth side as a tribute to Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Alejandro Bedoya with Thanksgiving coming up in the States next week.

And Ally McCoist has selected all three in his starting line-up for only the second time as he seeks to maintain the fantastic momentum set in the SPL.

Bedoya has been given a slot on the right side of midfield with Edu in his normal central slot and Bocanegra in beside Dorin Goian.

McCoist has been forced to shake up his side due to injuries with Kyle Bartley, Sasa Papac and Lee Wallace all failing to make the match with injuries and illness.

That means Kirk Broadfoot comes in to play at left back and Kyle Lafferty is fit to return to partner Nikica Jelavic up front.

Matt McKay - fresh from international action with Australia - plays on the left side of midfield. Gregg Wylde starts a two-match suspension today.

RANGERS: McGregor; Whitttaker, Goian Bocanegra, Broadfoot; Bedoya, Edu, Davis, McKay; Jelavic, Lafferty

SUBS: Alexander, Perry, Hemmings, Ortiz, Kerkar, Fleck, McCulloch.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111119/american-trilogy_2254024_2521030