***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

Could be a difficult match as St Johnstone have a new manager and players will be giving 110%.

I hope we come out with a fast start at a fast pace and dominate.

My team would be Mcgregor, Whittaker, Goian, Bocanegra, Papac, Bedoya, Edu, Davis, McKay, Lafferty and Jelavic.

We should win, but St Johnstone will not be easy - they beat Celtic at the Tattiedome - but I will go for Rangers 2 0 St. Johnstone

Could be a difficult match as St Johnstone have a new manager and players will be giving 110%.

I hope we come out with a fast start at a fast pace and dominate.

My team would be Mcgregor, Whittaker, Goian, Bocanegra, Papac, Bedoya, Edu, Davis, McKay, Lafferty and Jelavic.

We should win, but St Johnstone will not be easy - they beat Celtic at the Tattiedome - but I will go for Rangers 2 0 St. Johnstone

a good solid performance and three more points that will do.

I have to agree with many of my fellow posters. Any formation that doesn't include McCulloch and Broadfoot will be a bonus. We are just not at that stage yet.

McMillan in at RB with Whitty going to the left. Bocanegra going to LB an dPerry coming at CB. These will work.

TBH I think the most important part of our line-up is centred on the midfield rather than our defence. We need to get it right in the middle

So who do we play in defence? Whittaker and Goianegra will obviously play, but do we put Boca on the left and maybe pick Perry? Or is Broadfoot just going to come in?

Alternatively, I think I remember hearing that Ortiz can play full-back. Is that an option?

I think it will b broadfoot unfortunately, especially after he made noise about about if he wasn't picked he wanted out on lone (not a loss imo) but personally i would play whitt on the left who has proved to be effective there for scotland and that would allow mcmillian to come in who i believe hasn't set a foot wrong when he has came in and prevents goianegra being spilt up at CB positions as we all know how well that works.

-------------Shagger------------

broadarse---Goianegra--whittaker

Ortiz/bedoya----Davis-----Edu----Mckay

--------Jelly---Lafferty------

Part of me wants to see perry play instead of eggman and put boca out to left back but I dont want to break up goianegra in the center . as much as i dont rate ortiz (yet) id much rather him or Bedoya in the team than try to accomodate jig by pushing edu out wide .

Anyway , ive not been home since the st mirren game so buzzin to get back to ibrox and sook up the atmosphere . 3-0 Jelly (2) Mckay