Tuesday Leggoland

Adoniram

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

REGAN AND LAWWELL... THE TRUTH -Exclusive

STEWART REGAN seems to have a lot in common with those wild men of the left from the 1970s and 80s who masqueraded as trade unionists, but did nothing for the workers.

Whenever anyone questioned the tactics of this bunch of red revolutionaries their only retort was to brand the questioner a fascist, though such as Arthur Scargill and Red Robbo knew nothing of the real fascists many of their members had fought against.

Fascist, was all they could say when called to account.

Scottish Football Association chief executive Regan’s insult of choice is, bigot. It’s emotive, convenient and pretty much in vogue in Scotland in these days of intolerance.

Intolerance and secrecy. For those are the twin evils Regan seems to worship as his craven images.

Intolerance, for when anyone asks him if he ever had any previous dealings with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell before he became the head honcho at the SFA, Regan’s response on Twitter is to block them and brand them as bigots. And secrecy, because Regan refuses to give a clear answer, one way or the other.

Either Regan and Lawwell knew each other in the past, on a business level, socially, or both, or they did not. If they did not, why doesn’t Regan say so? For then the rumours would be shot down and put to rest forever.

If they did know each other? Well that is a whole different ball game.

And it would certainly explain a great deal of the way Regan has appeared to suck up to Lawwell in the last year, beginning with the chief executive of Scottish football’s governing body going to pay court to Lawwell at Parkhead like some groveling supplicant.

There followed a series of apparent SFA slights toward Rangers, the latest as recently as last week when Regan announced the SFA was to launch a probe into Craig Whyte, without first having the courtesy to inform Rangers. There may be those who viewed that as the latest in a long line of high handed treatment of the Ibrox club, seemingly arrogantly dispensed by Regan.

Then there is the mystery of Lawwell’s rise without a trace inside Hampden to become Regan’s trusted right hand man with a seat as a director at the SFA boardroom table, making Lawwell the most powerful man in Scottish football. Lawwell’s meteoric soaring climb to the top of the SFA is without precedent in nearly 140 years of the second oldest governing body in the world’s previously proud history

Given all of this, it is no wonder that some people hint at a relationship between Regan and Lawwell which predates the Englishman’s SFA appointment.

Yet no daily newspaper reporter has taken the chance to quiz Regan. Instead, it has been left to others, with some people claiming the headhunter, employed by the SFA to find a new chief executive, the guy who came up with Stewart Regan, has Celtic connections and has done business with Lawwell. Others claim the dealings the pair of chief execs had with each other predate Lawwell’s arrival at Parkhead.

It is all very murky. And possibly even all just bunkum and balderdash.

But for as long as Regan refuses to answer and uses the insult, bigots aimed with such apparent arrogance, just as those 70s and 80s firebrand union barons, Scargill and Red Robbo claimed anyone who asked them an awkward question was a fascist, the rumours will continue to haunt and damage the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association

Regan should really take a moment to remember what happened to those arrogant bigots of the once mighty trade union movement, who thought their power would last forever.

.....AND.....

HOW sad that the magnificent Socrates has died, aged just 57. I was in Seville on that searingly hot night in 1982 when he led Brazil to dizzy heights of beauty, destroying Scotland 4-1.

But just how good was he? Good enough for me to always think of him as the Brazilian Jim Baxter

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys, let's forget all this paranoid nonsense. We used to slag them off for coming out with pish like that.

Stop seeing conspiracies everywhere.

Oh I'm sure some will point out some "evidence" to back up their claims but so can the other side.

It's embarrassing watching our guys doing it now after ripping the pish out of them for so long.

C'mon guys, let's forget all this paranoid nonsense. We used to slag them off for coming out with pish like that.

Oh I'm sure some will point out some "evidence" to back up their claims but so can the other side.

It's embarrassing watching our guys doing it now after ripping the pish out of them for so long.

Your post is more embarrassing to be honest you have to fight fire with fire.

Now just suppose the information below has a grain of truth in it....then just suppose you asked Regan for his comments and he blocked you for being a "bigot". What would your natural reaction be had you just come by this information and simply wanted Regan to rubbish it...but he didn't and called you a bigot instead???

Celtic ALLEGEDLY have a business partner by the name of Nolan Partners.

The company was formed by Paul Nolan who has ALLEGEDLY been working with Celtic for some years and ALLEGEDLY got Celtic a new Director of International Development called Jason Hughes in 2008.

Mr Nolan ALLEGEDLY also headhunted the new SPL cheif executive Neil Doncaster in 2009.

He ALLEGEDLY also headhunted the new SFA cheif executive Stewart Regan this year.

Also with religion in football this week he also (Regan) went to St Bedes RC school in County Durham.He has also ALLEGEDLY become friends with Peter Lawwell through dealings with Coors and Carling.

Speculation is the most irrating thing in the world. I don't pay attention to Leggo, not because he is shit or anything like that. I just can't stand blogging like that.

Folk rubbish Phil Mcfunnyname for speculation, but when the speculation comes in a form favourable to us, it's all sunshine and farts.

Facts for me.

You going to the beeb night out this year Chick, remember not like Cartha can't use the money collected, for you to buy drinks for people.

chico is the most powerful man in Scottish football.

as for lawwell and Regan they both worked in tennents and at very least have mutual friends that I know of.

Tell you what....like him or not he is the only person standing up for us

And a blog is a blog ..it's not the Daily Telegraph or the Times.

And start reading between the lines as to what he can and cannot say safely without fear of litigation.

Speculation is the most irrating thing in the world. I don't pay attention to Leggo, not because he is shit or anything like that. I just can't stand blogging like that.

Folk rubbish Phil Mcfunnyname for speculation, but when the speculation comes in a form favourable to us, it's all sunshine and farts.

Facts for me.

I agree. I don't like this kind of speculation however Regan, by refusing to answer simple questions, is only adding fuel to the fire.

chico is the most powerful man in Scottish football.

as for lawwell and Regan they both worked in tennents and at very least have mutual friends that I know of.

What position does Campbell Ogilivie hold at the SFA surely if he is his boss he should come out and say why O'Regan invited Liewell onto the SFA.

Wonder what would have happened if Gordon Smith had invited someone from Rangers on when he held this position.

What position does Campbell Ogilivie hold at the SFA surely if he is his boss he should come out and say why O'Regan invited Liewell onto the SFA.

Wonder what would have happened if Gordon Smith had invited someone from Rangers on when he held this position.

We would be reading all this on Kerrydale Street, only with posters with Irish names. :craphead:

I agree. I don't like this kind of speculation however Regan, by refusing to answer simple questions, is only adding fuel to the fire.

Should people not then be asking themselves why Leggo has put out this blog in the first place. And coupled with Regan's refusal to answer such questions.

Should people not then be asking themselves why Leggo has put out this blog in the first place. And coupled with Regan's refusal to answer such questions.

Perhaps, but rather than merely hinting at what mightbe going on, Leggo could do a bit of investigation then come out and tell us exactly what is going on.

Adoniram we now have someone who defends our club and fans, and when you think he is the only one. But sad to say some of our own fans would rather have a go at him, instead of giving the man credit. Some of our support are happy to sit back and let the media and press, piss all over our club and fans.

I think that's entirely unfair. I think it would be wrong of me to treat Leggat without criticism simply because he's a Rangers fan. That sort of treatment does not encourage quality.

Imo, there are Rangers supporting bloggers out there producing much better work than Leggat. He ranks way down the list of online writers for me. RM produces much better written work on a near daily basis.

Kev there is many better bloggers, but i have yet to see many of them defend our club.

Adoniram we now have someone who defends our club and fans, and when you think he is the only one. But sad to say some of our own fans would rather have a go at him, instead of giving the man credit. Some of our support are happy to sit back and let the media and press, piss all over our club and fans.

I'm not knocking him at all Minstral. In fact I've really enjoyed some of his other blogs and sometimes he is bang on the money. What I don't like is this kind of speculation blog. He's a journalist and therefore should present us with hard facts rather than merely hinting at what could be going on.

I'm not knocking him at all Minstral. In fact I've really enjoyed some of his other blogs and sometimes he is bang on the money. What I don't like is this kind of speculation blog. He's a journalist and therefore should present us with hard facts rather than merely hinting at what could be going on.

Cant argue with you Gid, would be good to see the hard facts.