Tax Case

If there's only so much that can be said at this point, then why the need to open the other thread. Its nothing against you mate, but these threads are a breeding ground for tarriers.

just wondering when i read your post ,is there a defination of the word tarrier in the dictionary as i used it once in a game of scrabble and got some queer looks.

If there's only so much that can be said at this point, then why the need to open the other thread. Its nothing against you mate, but these threads are a breeding ground for tarriers.

we should take it as a compliment that they choose to come onto our site and read our threads, they clearly want to read about the largest club in Scotland. We brought this story to the fold, its only a matter of time before its common knowledge... most transfer threads remain open without any concrete information...

There's been no official word on this, so I'll hold off on buying any of it.

For all we know Darryl King saw the thread on here the other day with the rumours on it.

It's time the club confirmed or denied it. They could sort this out with a simple statement.

Tims must be shiting it though.

I cant see nowt anywhere in the pape rs, I'll wait for something more informative on the situation, looks like more than one rumour makes a truth to some, as good as it would be I feel dubious about the whole thing

For all we know Darryl King saw the thread on here the other day with the rumours on it.

It's time the club confirmed or denied it. They could sort this out with a simple statement.

There is no way he would have based his belief on that thread. Whatever we think of Daryl, he has credible sources at Ibrox, and so does the originator of that thread from a few days ago.

I've said this many times before. Whyte will put us into administration rather than pay the tax bill.

The leverage of this will ensure a deal is made. Quite simply Rangers exploited a tax loophole. Many large companies did so in a similar manner.

The success rate of this type of case is quoted as being 4%. Most cases are settled. The delay has obviously been to facilitate this.

I expect a deal for between 8 - 12 million. No inside knowledge just applying my own logic!

Am I right when I say all that someone on here needs to do is mention anyone's name within ibrox who may be in the know then that is classed as a goer, or do others on here know said/named person, which clarify this, I find it strange we have this rumour which some seem to believe yet another started last night. And it was an obvious taig although not as well thought out.

Saying that it give a whyte crimbo a whole new meaning

I've said this many times before. Whyte will put us into administration rather than pay the tax bill.

The leverage of this will ensure a deal is made. Quite simply Rangers exploited a tax loophole. Many large companies did so in a similar manner.

The success rate of this type of case is quoted as being 4%. Most cases are settled. The delay has obviously been to facilitate this.

I expect a deal for between 8 - 12 million. No inside knowledge just applying my own logic!

any advance on 8_12 million then

Is this numbers plucked out of thin air? And what logic did you use to get these figures?

Not quite true. It was not a loophole. In many ways Rangers were trying to make matters eaier

Not quite true. It was not a loophole. In many ways Rangers were trying to make matters eaier

I would describe it as a loophole as it was a legitimate way of providing an employee benefits :happy: . (Generally regarded as a loophole if you google EBT's)

The figure of 8 - 12 million is a guess, did Arsenal not settle on 10% of the claim.

I would describe it as a loophole as it was a legitimate way of providing an employee benefits :happy: . (Generally regarded as a loophole if you google EBT's)

The figure of 8 - 12 million is a guess, did Arsenal not settle on 10% of the claim.

I'm sorry, but it was not quite a 'loophole' as such; and I think this is a crucial matter that has been used in the defence of Rangers.

I'll ask again, is all that is needed is a name within ibrox, and Is it clarified by someone who knows them?

is that all!!!! mate you have to think about the reasons why this aint in the public domain yet, if i was to mention names 1) it would place the people who told me in a very difficult position and 2) would be morally wrong.

I've shared what i have to let my fellow bears know that there will be good news on the horizon, i know it will remain a a tough one to swallow until something more concrete is displayed...

Presumably after the way this rumour is gathering pace, reporters will be hitting sources and Ibrox for some sort of confirmation or denial.

I'm just a bit concerned that just as there is a news story about HMRC doing deals, suddenly we get these rumours.

Still reeks of timmy getting a wee idea.

On the plus side, it's causing them far more grief than us. :lol:

is that all!!!! mate you have to think about the reasons why this aint in the public domain yet, if i was to mention names 1) it would place the people who told me in a very difficult position and 2) would be morally wrong.

I've shared what i have to let my fellow bears know that there will be good news on the horizon, i know it will remain a a tough one to swallow until something more concrete is displayed...

I don't want names trust me, but, surely someone on here knows them perhaps and is this kind of thing clarified, I'll admit I'm dubious and rightfully so

Bit it just seems all to easy to mention a name that people are aware of then all of a sudden it's a credible source

Is that all!!!!! Well it is kinda important to some

I see the taig infested rtc site has been panicked into starting another thread to cast doubt on any settlement, unfortunately for his unwashed disciples it more or less contradicts all that has gone before.

The part from the alleged sale agreement is so full of contradictions, so much so as to be meaningless probably written by Oliver Reed when he was pished.

Wonder when rtc will break cover and declare the mhanks well and truly tangoed.

I am doubtful that HMRC will allow a reduced settlement - in the last two days they have been villified in the mainstream press for allowing such deals in the past - you cannot be half guilty of not paying full liabilities, and they will now demand the full liability. That does, however, assume that HMRC's case is watertight. Cameron et al will be under severe pressure to extract full liability; a ready made excuse for the govt is the need for everyone to pay taxes fully in these straightened times. I fear the worst is yet to come...

The green goblin brigade will have to change the RIP rangers banners for the 28th

You can picture wee Declan , Aidan and John Paul Mary magdalene murphy with their paint brushes as the news filters through

Declan " you heard those pure shite rumours Aidan "

Aidan " no , what is it "

Declan " those bams at the wee tax office are dealing with the rangurs and they urny paying fur cheatin "

" yer fucking jokin Declan , what ur we gonna do wi these banners for the game noo "

Aidan launches paintbrush across the living room smashing the regi blinker clock off the wall

Declan " I fuckin hate those H*** , it pure no fair man , I really isnae "

Aidan " but but but but...phil said everything would be right"

I am doubtful that HMRC will allow a reduced settlement - in the last two days they have been villified in the mainstream press for allowing such deals in the past - you cannot be half guilty of not paying full liabilities, and they will now demand the full liability. That does, however, assume that HMRC's case is watertight. Cameron et al will be under severe pressure to extract full liability; a ready made excuse for the govt is the need for everyone to pay taxes fully in these staraightened times. I fear the worst is yet to come...

They have not been criticised for that at all. Their relationship with large corporations, which is not the likes of Rangers, has been heavily questioned.

such a secret and not for public domain u plaster it all over a fans forum anaw mate, dubious is an understatement

The press will likely see whats what, they have sources :)