How to turn Champs into Chumps

Says it all when broadfoot was our best player and thats allowing for ledley getting the jump on him....would i sack ally? no

dunno what the solution is but seems like naismith held this team together.

very negative approach again, for some reason we cant link our midfield to the forwards

Someone been taking valium?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Whyte is already looking at someone or could it even be a Walter caretaking role if we continue to drift under Ally?

Cant see it. Walter went out on the ultimate high, wouldnt want to tarnish my memory of him if he couldnt turn this slide around.

We have a midfield?

I could guarantee that if Ally was to get the sack the first thing any new manager coming in would do is fix that midfield. The new manager would probably also see that McKay, Fleck and Bendiksen offer far more than Papac, Bartley and McCulloch do in midfield.

Any team and I mean any team can walk through our midfield.

No, we have 4 boys put into that area and the pundits and manager call it a midfield but it is anything but.

Correct, out played and over run by almost every SPL team so far.

SWSL saw it as fucking shite when we were 15 points clear. Only time he's happy is when we're under the cosh.

You can fuck off an all.

He said at the start of the season lennon would get the better of mccoist, and he has up till now and that won't change anytime soon.

Was a bit harsh with you mate, I've calmed down now, had an absolutely awful week and tonight was exactly what I didn't need.

Strikers are only as good as the service provided. They had nothing. Our mdifield is embarrassing.

Davis and McCulloch are imposters. They both make me sick.

Wallace is a defender and Aluko had no help or support from the mdidle two or the right back.

Pointless playing 2 strikers when in midfield we are so poor.

Davis was abysmal, McCulloch should never have started. Wallace should be kept at left back. Playing the 2 of Papac and him simply does not work. Everytime Jelavic and Lafferty received the ball they did nothing but give it away, neither are capable of holding the ball up.

You also called for Walter Smith's head around this time last year and he won the League.Guess you may be wrong again come May.

It was March time i called for Sir Walter to go. I wont be, not this time, unless we change the manager and his backroom team.

There is 100% no chance Ally McCoist will be sacked because of a bad spell in the middle of a season, We're hardly in a Paul Le Guen situation are we?

And I'm not totally sure whether McCoist is up to the task either, had my doubts for a while now, but you must look at the bigger picture and think what sacking McCoist would acheive for the rest of the season, not a lot I would think. He needs to learn from his mistakes (which is alot) and make the right signings as soon as possible

We're still in a title race

Celtics form wont last the season

Mate it's fucking brutal.

At least Edu has the legs to win the odd second ball that arises from the long ball tactics.

(tu)

I tuned into the game late, when I seen "The Jig" get the ball I automatically assumed we'd went 4-5-1, was astonished to find we'd went 4-4-2 with Edu on the bench.

He was a done deal for the job before Whyte took over.

To change that back then would have caused an uproar by the support - if he gets punted now would anyone complain?

I think not. :(

As an aside, every time I see McCoist at the touchline he looks like he's asking Clipboard Kenny what to do - surely it should be the other way around?

I would have had so much more respect for the owner had he saw what most people could about Ally, he is not and will never be manager material but Mr Whyte was new to the game so its hard to criticise him for that.

Yep, clueless and lost and looked the exact same as he did last season. Totally out of his depth.

There is 100% no chance Ally McCoist will be sacked because of a bad spell in the middle of a season, We're hardly in a Paul Le Guen situation are we?

And I'm not totally sure whether McCoist is up to the task either, had my doubts for a while now, but you must look at the bigger picture and think what sacking McCoist would acheive for the rest of the season, not a lot I would think. He needs to learn from his mistakes (which is alot) and make the right signings as soon as possible

Only if we had Le Guens midfield and Allys defence :(

Davis was abysmal, McCulloch should never have started. Wallace should be kept at left back. Playing the 2 of Papac and him simply does not work. Everytime Jelavic and Lafferty received the ball they did nothing but give it away, neither are capable of holding the ball up.

Davis has been abysmal since July, a passenger.

McCulloch is not a football player, simple. he is a clogger, a clumsy slow anti-footballer. He is an imposter.

Agree about Wallace.

I cannot blame the strikers for tonight. This was Allys doing.

We simply punted the ball long almost all night to nobody. They at least had an out ball player in Forrest we simply had nothing by comparison. There was no service from midfield to the front two. I don't recall Forster having a save to make which speaks volumes. Jelavic must be counting down the days when he can get away from all of this. Who would have known who the Ranger's captain was out there tonight if they didn't know about the team and were watching this for the first time. We are a team at this moment bereft of quality and spirit. :angry:

From the off we have been playing fucking horrendous football struggling to beat mediocre pish. McCoist just hasnt got it IMO.

I wouldnt give him anymore money to spend TBH his track record is fucking awful for signing

Ortiz £500,000 (completely shite)

Wallace £1.5mill (constantly playing out of position total waste)

Goian £500,000 (Good signing)

Bedoya £300,000 (Waste of money complete pish IMO)

McKay £300,000 (Not given a chance)

Bocanegra £500,000 (Bargain)

Bartley Loan (Good player but wasted)

Aluko Free (Looks good wasted on the Right IMO)

We badly needed a left winger and a creative player in the summer along with a striker and ended up getting a shit load of midfielders and defenders instead

Sacking him could and probably would save our season and give players that boot in the balls they need, although if it was me, they would be out the door with the boss.

No one looks like taking points off them anymore. They are doing just enough to win games, everyone laughed at Ledley saying they had to win every game, so far, they have. The competition in this league is such that they could easily win every game. They had half a team out injured tonight and still were too strong for us.

He said at the start of the season lennon would get the better of mccoist, and he has up till now and that won't change anytime soon.

Was a bit harsh with you mate, I've calmed down now, had an absolutely awful week and tonight was exactly what I didn't need.

You have my apologies with the exact same excuse. Today is one of the shittiest days I've had in a long time and I'm losing my temper with people. It's nothing personal.

From the off we have been playing fucking horrendous football struggling to beat mediocre pish. McCoist just hasnt got it IMO.

I wouldnt give him anymore money to spend TBH his track record is fucking awful for signing

Ortiz £500,000 (completely shite)

Wallace £1.5mill (constantly playing out of position total waste)

Goian £500,000 (Good signing)

Bedoya £300,000 (Waste of money complete pish IMO)

McKay £300,000 (Not given a chance)

Bocanegra £500,000 (Bargain)

Bartley Loan (Good player but wasted)

Aluko Free (Looks good wasted on the Right IMO)

We badly needed a left winger and a creative player in the summer along with a striker and ended up getting a shit load of midfielders and defenders instead

So out of those players, only two of eight you think are rubbish. That's 25%.

That is not a poor track record with signings, it is a bloody good one.