Mo Edu

pollok-loyal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo's a good athlete, but he has the unfortunate knack of going into tackles as favourite, and losing them.

He also takes more time than Derek Johnstone choosing between a cream cake and a doughnut, when he's deciding where to play the ball.

He'll always do OK, but he hasn't got a football brain, so I doubt he'll ever be top notch.

One of his US team mates was on a youtube video giving Mo a bit of a ribbing about being a prankster, and he said, "Mo thinks football's his hobby...". I think he probably has a bit of that about him.

[/quote

Spot on!

Not good enough for Rangers.

Thought it was going to be one of those days when he got caught in posession early on... But recovered well... How many ppl were groaning when he fell over before he set up the opener? Great persistent play.

I'll give him his due there. He did great to stay on his feet and keep going.

I had a plumber in a few weeks ago who has done some work in a couple of Rangers players houses ( so he says anyway ) and he was told that Mo Edu was the most skilfull player in training, and really is a very good player.

I just don't understand why he doesn't perform on the park, sloppy passing and poor control in the majority of games.

Mind Boggling.

Edu is probably the fittest player in our team. I was really impressed by him in the match against Dunfermline at Ibrox. Bombing into tackles and he covered every blade of grass. Edu has a terrific engine and never hides. I dont believe he is lazy at all. He works hard for the team and has all the attributes to be a simple passing defensive midfielder. His face will never fit with some Rangers fans but he is more than worth his jersey at the minute. Cant believe he was dropped for the scum match. I would like to see our win and draw percentage against Celtic with edu in the team and Edu out of the team. No way McCullough should ever be ahead of him. He would leave Jig for dead pace wise.

Edu is probably the fittest player in our team. I was really impressed by him in the match against Dunfermline at Ibrox. Bombing into tackles and he covered every blade of grass. Edu has a terrific engine and never hides. I dont believe he is lazy at all. He works hard for the team and has all the attributes to be a simple passing defensive midfielder. His face will never fit with some Rangers fans but he is more than worth his jersey at the minute. Cant believe he was dropped for the scum match. I would like to see our win and draw percentage against Celtic with edu in the team and Edu out of the team. No way McCullough should ever be ahead of him. He would leave Jig for dead pace wise.

Well that wouldn't be hard would it? Edu is only 25 and McCulloch is 33 years of age. you expect Edu to be faster.

frightening the opinions on edu and how they vary. As it stands as a mopping up midfielder he is the best we have. In a midfield containing Davis, aluko and a left winger why we expect edu to get the ball and play a defence splitting pass I'll never know.

Remember how effective the ginger rat was for the beggars and all he did was chase people and give the ball to the better players in his team

frightening the opinions on edu and how they vary. As it stands as a mopping up midfielder he is the best we have. In a midfield containing Davis, aluko and a left winger why we expect edu to get the ball and play a defence splitting pass I'll never know.

Remember how effective the ginger rat was for the beggars and all he did was chase people and give the ball to the better players in his team

not sure he's as bad as lennon but he is indeed our best option by far in cm.

he's also nothing like as bad on the ball as people make out.

oh and several times yesterday Davis forgot he was supposed to be trying harder and after receiving the ball from edu lazily gave it straight back to him. edu needs his partner playing better and taking responsibility Davis did that yesterday mostly.

Edu is not consistent enough for me. Yes.. the 1st goal yesterday was down to him.. excellent. but far too often, his first touch is woeful. When do you ever see him make a pass that is more than 5 - 10 yards? That is what I like about Hutton... Vision and the execution to match (not all the time.... but who does?). Edu would not try one tenth of the stuff Hutton does.

I back Edu all the way since he is a Rangers player.. but if we can move him on for a few million, I'd take it. Nothing personal Mo. (tu)

Think half the people who slate him for being "lazy" have never played football at any level. The guy is anything but. Just because he does things which don't catch everyones eye, doesn't mean he's lazy or done nothing.

Also where has Hutton got these rave reviews from ? He's barely played a game for us.